• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Once this even teams patch drops- 2v2 needs to hit. It won't, but it needs to come sooner rather than later. Shorter wait times, better games. The population is too watered down to get anything resembling good, quick matchmaking anymore (even when it is working).

To anyone not being able to find a game after the last patch:

I had to physically unplug the power cord to my Xbox One and wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. After doing this I was able to find a game pretty quickly. Hope this works for anyone.

jem0208

To anyone not being able to find a game after the last patch:

I had to physically unplug the power cord to my Xbox One and wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. After doing this I was able to find a game pretty quickly. Hope this works for anyone.

You can do the same thing by holding down the power button on the console for about 7(?) seconds. Does a hard reset of the console.

Beta was confirmed to be 4 v 4 forever bruh. Sorry to disappoint.

If they wanna introduce a secret BTB surprise, well maybe there's a chance.

it's called the retail game

Guardians Beta content with map control, tight weapon sandbox and arena play is going to be relegated to a rotational playlist

nillapuddin

What? No, nillaaaaa nooooooooo........ Imagine everyone having the ability to do this? GG Warthogs, it's like Armor Lock all over again.

Vehicles need to be as OP as they were in Halo 3 because it seems like we're getting a beefy weapon sandbox. Nothing beats the cooperative element of effectively using a Halo 3 Warthog (needs an overheat mechanic though), and it would have been more exciting if people had a way to defend themselves outside of Power Drains and weak weapons.

0piCf0f.gif

You can have Shoulder Charge to flip or Power Drain comes back

In my mind, it would only work from the side of the vehicle, I mean, you wouldnt take one head on for example.

Now that I think about it, what do we expect ground pound to do to a Warthog?
(it clearly produces a small shockwave)

If not flip it over, atleast jostle it out of its line, like being hit with a concussion rifle once or twice (cant remember how effective it was)

If a Spartan can reach a full sprint and throws him/herself into a warthog, it should move it off course

Haruko

Wait so did the patch fix matchmaking? Should I even bother trying again?

My first attempt after last night's patch hit and the DDOS on Live faded, well...

http://xboxclips.com/Thorn+Harvestar/5ffabbe8-86e6-4f6b-abfc-4b0a59243c19

Had a few others freeze on map load.

After that initial half hour though, I got some quick games with my 1-2 friends; mostly 4v4s since it now starts upon getting the minimum 8 players.

The new "everyone hits B to leave postgame and your party goes back to "Pick a Playlist" lobby" seemed to be working well.

Hopefully now that more people have rebooted and gotten the patch/server-side update loaded, it'll keep improving...

If a Spartan can reach a full sprint and throws him/herself into a warthog, it should move it off course
Have you seen it in action though? The range is huge lol. Don't get me wrong, it might be a cool mechanic on paper, but it also depends on other factors if it would be good for gameplay (ie: use of ease, how much damage it does to vehicles, are vehicles strong enough to splatter people trying to do this if they have enough speed, etc.).

Can't wait for them to reveal BTB; it should lead to some interesting discussions.
I had a dream that the next Halo game was a reboot.

It was... alright.
Must not have been
Combat Evolved 2

nillapuddin

Have you seen it in action though? The range is huge lol. Don't get me wrong, it might be a cool mechanic on paper, but it also depends on other factors if it would be good for gameplay (ie: use of ease, how much damage it does to vehicles, are vehicles strong enough to splatter people trying to do this if they have enough speed, etc.).

Can't wait for them to reveal BTB; it should lead to some interesting discussions.]

Oh certainly there are tons of variables, but its mostly just formed out of the

Being able to stop a vehicle dead in its tracks and stick the shit out of it at will

vs

Literally anything else

conversation, Id rather have multiple soft counters rather than just 1 undeniable solution

Omni

Okay well I tried searching again and I found a game a few minutes later. Then there was a host migration, it dropped 4 players, took us out of matchmaking and put us in the custom games lobby. Where I was then kicked

At least it found something I guess...

edit. I suppose my only problem now is that I just don't care for small arena type stuff any more. Can be fun but only on occasion. I really only want to play BTB :\

klodeckel

Banned
Okay well I tried searching again and I found a game a few minutes later. Then there was a host migration, it dropped 4 players, took us out of matchmaking and put us in the custom games lobby. Where I was then kicked

At least it found something I guess...

Hard-reset your console if you haven't already yet (hold that power button on your console for about 7 secs - wait 30 secs - turn it on again). If you have already ... Yeah ... That's bad.

RowdyReverb

I think that matchmaking should have been rethought for the collection instead of using traditional playlists. Since different players will obviously have differing favorite and least favorite games, they should have allowed people to rank the games by what they'd like to play the most, then match people with similar tastes to theirs. People could even say, for instance, "I'm fine with anything but H2C" (like myself), and they'd be matched appropriately. The playlists could be simplified into ranked/unwanted and slayer/objective/BTB. This would also help the plague of people quitting when they get put in a game they hate (seriously, HCE turns into a ghost town in BTB).

I think it's just an issue that hasn't been brought up before because nobody has put 4 games that are so similar yet so different in the same matchmaking system. It presents new problems and new solutions, and the traditional method doesn't necessarily make for the best solution.

I think it's just an issue that hasn't been brought up before
Oh don't be mistaken, it's been brought up for the past ~10 years. Halo 2 Matchmaking was cool when it came out, but the idea of a Custom Games Browser or some sort of Optimatch/toggle system (browsers exist in HPC and H2V btw) has been wanted by fans for a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, ....................

samdean-breathe.gif

very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very looooooooooooooooooooong time.

Will Halo 5 finally have one? Will it break this trend of people quitting games and not being able to play what they want, when they want? Will this be a priority knowing how much fans want this? Will Goku be able to defeat Frieza after going SSJ next episode?! Tune in next week to not find out because we just spoiled you in the previews!
I'm sorry for this post, but the fact that we STILL DON'T HAVE ANYTHING MORE THAN MM is beyond disappointing. Thank you for your time.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Finally tonight was better than when I tried at noon, I could play near 10-15 games, with my friend, and we got into different teams only one time.

After almost each game we were still together, but sometimes he went leader of the party.

We only played in the TS playlist, and never found a game in BTB.

Most of the games had even teams, the only one that was not fair at all was 2vs6, and that was the game where my friend and I were separated.

I know a French guy living in Japan and he never found a game, but when he changed his console's region to USA he found some games.

I said this about a week or two ago and I'm going to say it again: Halo NEEDS a vote to kick option. I've played two games now where I've been matched up with someone who continuously jumps off the edge of the map. I want to call a vote to kick people like that. A few weeks ago I was in a CTF game and one of my teammates would take the enemy flag back to the enemy base once we got it half way across the map. You can't kick someone for those actions right now in Halo, so this game NEEDS a vote to kick option. Counter Strike has it, Left 4 Dead has it, Halo should have it.

Somehow my stick layout got changed to Southpaw at the beginning of a match.
justMCCthings

Wow, yeah this actually happened to me once. I thought it was because I accidentally switched it before I turned my box off but that makes way more sense.

And by god there are some confusing control schemes.

RowdyReverb

Somehow my stick layout got changed to Southpaw at the beginning of a match.
justMCCthings
I think there is a bug where in some games your controller actions are still used to navigate the UI while you're playing. I can sometimes hear UI noises while I'm playing. I'm guessing that you managed to go into the controller settings and change it mid-game accidentally.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This coffee tastes like how old cigarettes smell. Why am I drinking it...

I think there is a bug where in some games your controller actions are still used to navigate the UI while you're playing. I can sometimes hear UI noises while I'm playing. I'm guessing that you managed to go into the controller settings and change it mid-game accidentally.

It switched my wife's and I's control scheme when we did splitscreen once. I turned off one controller and connected hers. We launched a Lockout 1v1 and it changed our inverted to un-inverted and then changed all of our control schemes .

RowdyReverb

It switched my wife's and I's control scheme when we did splitscreen once. I turned off one controller and connected hers. We launched a Lockout 1v1 and it changed our inverted to un-inverted and then changed all of our control schemes .

You 1v1'd your wife? What was the argument over?

-Ryn

Banned
No I gotcha. On the surface Dragon age feels and looks more like you are in control because of graphics and presentation etc. However when you are in combat you are taken out of it because the feeling of control seems to be taken away in a jarring fashion.

Games like Pokémon and final Fantasy are less moment by moment immersive experiences. You walk on a grid or you are controlling then from top down angles. It doesn't "pretend" it's real.
Thank you! That's exactly it!
It's just disappointing to play those kinds of games.

Can't wait for them to reveal BTB; it should lead to some interesting discussions.
It sounds really damn awesome. I can't wait for them to reveal it (fingers crossed for this Friday).

The idea of the shoulder check rolling vehicles is that it would throw them off without shortly damaging the vehicle. It gives the shoulder check more utility as well giving us a new soft counter that while hard to pull off could be very rewarding.

The Ground Pound will probably be able to roll vehicles as well given the shockwave it puts out. I think ground pound will be very destructive if it hits directly though. Which I also wouldn't mind since it would require positioning and really good timing to pull off.

There's a lot of potential ideas for Halo 5. I really can't wait to see what's going down.

lol what in the world..
I'm ready.
It's a (sort of) magical tale of a salty man, coffee stained kangaroo pajamas, and possibly acid

What? No, nillaaaaa nooooooooo........ Imagine everyone having the ability to do this? GG Warthogs, it's like Armor Lock all over again.

Vehicles need to be as OP as they were in Halo 3 because it seems like we're getting a beefy weapon sandbox. Nothing beats the cooperative element of effectively using a Halo 3 Warthog (needs an overheat mechanic though), and it would have been more exciting if people had a way to defend themselves outside of Power Drains and weak weapons.
Believe me it wouldn't be anything like Armor Lock. For one, you couldn't just do this head on. It would need to be from the side so you arguably wouldn't even have been the target for a splatter.

It also wouldn't be about dealing damage. It would just be about rolling the vehicle (aka LAUNCH) so you can try and gain an advantage. It wouldn't garuntee the vehicle would need to be flipped back so everyone could get in.

Idk man, Keurig SB always seemed to have a sour/bitter taste to me compared to brew. I mean, it's not bad and I'll drink it, but it's no CE Magnum.

It tastes a little darker than the stuff in store, but I like my coffee sweet anyways and the demerara / pumpkin or whatever syrup I have laying around usually complements the darker flavors. It's p gud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom