• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Gosh you're so rude. I bet you're mad about MCC and ADS. We're all mad about, but not angry mad. Just crazy.

Seriousley? Im the one been gang atacked and Im the one been Rude?

Not a single post was a reply "It doesnt have the american date set-up", every single reply was a arrogant sarcasm.

also, feel free to check my post history, Im a happy MCC customer.

belushy

Banned
Maybe everyone who bought MCC early gets an early access beta code?

:D

Never going to happen but I can dream...

lol I was thinking like journos or reviewers (do people review betas?)

Whats funny is they did the same thing with Reach (or was it H4?) and people was able to pull it off the marketplace anyway. Probably not as easy this time around since Xbox One instead of 360.

kPiFzps.gif

jem0208

Not a single post was a reply "It doesnt have the american date set-up", every single reply was a arrogant sarcasm.

Arrogant sarcasm?

Come on now, this is getting a bit out of hand.

Edit: Time to see if this patch has made any difference.

-Ryn

Banned
I have no idea what's going on

What is this I'm seeing about getting 15,000 rewards points for having preordered MCC?

I've tried googling to no avail.
Essentially Microsoft is crediting people who own the MCC digitally $15. I'm not sure what the deal will be with physical copies though.

Karl2177

Frankie said over on HBO that the $15 Xbox Rewards rebate for HMCC "is for everyone [who was already registered with Xbox Rewards] who pre-ordered MCC digitally, regardless of when (to date). "

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1200824

That would be nice. I'll have to keep an eye on my Rewards balance

Then there's a line of miscommunication between him and XBL Rewards. On their FAQ it says:

Q. How do I earn rewards with the Halo Legendary Rewards offer?
A. Earn 15,000 Rewards Credits when you purchase $59.99 or more of Halo games, videos, and game add-ons from the Xbox Store between December 1, 2014 00:01 UTC and December 31, 2014 23:59 UTC. Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or another world time database to determine local time.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Caja 117

Arrogant sarcasm?

its going a bit out of topic, but it really doesnt feel good when someone else replies read as "Yep, we've already played the beta. This beta coming up on the 29th is beta #2. Pretty excited to see if 343 listened to our feedback."

Isnt this a bit uncalled for? Im droping the topic, but I really dont know why pople replied to me in such a way.

On the topic: MCC have worked for me since day one, No campaing crashes, no lost checkpoints, In the MM side it was a bit wonky, after the last two patches is working for me at Halo 3/Reach level of consistency. My only problem is uneven teams, I played around 14 games last night, only 2 or 3 were even teams.

Onikaan

Dude, I was joking. I'm sorry.
Arrogant sarcasm?

Edit: Time to see if this patch has made any difference.

Wait, another patch?

jem0208

Wait, another patch?

I haven't had a chance to play since last nights patch.

So far results are fantastic! 5 minutes in and no games.

Edit: Gave up on BTB, took about 2 minutes in Team Slayer to find some people. No game yet.

Basically the patch did absolutely nothing, same as the last 3 patches.

belushy

Banned
its going a bit out of topic, but it really doesnt feel good when someone else replies read as "Yep, we've already played the beta. This beta coming up on the 29th is beta #2. Pretty excited to see if 343 listened to our feedback."

Isnt this a bit uncalled for? Im droping the topic, but I really dont know why pople replied to me in such a way.

It was friendly and not meant to be rude in anyway. I'm sorry.

Haruko

Then there's a line of miscommunication between him and XBL Rewards. On their FAQ it says:

Q. How do I earn rewards with the Halo Legendary Rewards offer?
A. Earn 15,000 Rewards Credits when you purchase $59.99 or more of Halo games, videos, and game add-ons from the Xbox Store between December 1, 2014 00:01 UTC and December 31, 2014 23:59 UTC. Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or another world time database to determine local time.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Yeah, I know the disclaimer is specific about it being for December. I'll mention it on HBO; maybe he'd be able to address it. Can't hurt to try, I suppose.

Caja 117

Guys Im sorry if I came out rude, and rained on your jokes, but its really hard to pick up a joke/sarcasm and the tone of it in a forum.

-Ryn

Banned
Guys Im sorry if I came out rude, and rained on your jokes, but its really hard to pick up a joke/sarcasm and the tone of it in a forum.
The written word will continue to be flawed until we are able to bring across intent without stuff like "/s" or "#justdiddlinyournoodle". Until then we must suffer at the hands of context.

dwells

I'll say it right here, no version of Lockout is good. There.
It's like the universal bad kid map, though. Scrubs love Lockout for some reason. So if it shows up in the voting rotation, it's a guarantee. Yayyy....

It's an awful team slayer map, but it's great for King of the Hill, or really anything that forces you to move towards an objective.
Ball is playable on Lockout. I don't remember playing much hill on it (I think Lockout kill got dropped from MLG pretty quick if it ever was in the lineup). Slayer and every other objective on it sucks.

jem0208

Oh right. Well, have fun. I had to walk away from it earlier. Irrational anger was brewing.

Yup, I just quit out to play Titanfall. I got into a 4 v 4 game and CE on Prisoner was voted in then Team BRs on Warlord loaded up. Was lagging so I quit. I don't think I've completed a single game on Warlord yet, it's always team BRs and it's always lagging. Fucking awful.

Finaj

I played 5 games in a row of Team Slayer with no disconnects and had completely even teams. I'm having fun :D

The success rate seems to wildly vary from person to person.

dwells

I don't think anyone's actually upset about it, everyone was just joking around and was worried you were offended. No big deal, just forget about it.

If people held grudges against each other around here I'm pretty sure we'd all be at each other's throats constantly.

Onikaan

Yup, I just quit out to play Titanfall. I got into a 4 v 4 game and CE on Prisoner was voted in then Team BRs on Warlord loaded up. Was lagging so I quit. I don't think I've completed a single game on Warlord yet, it's always team BRs and it's always lagging. Fucking awful.

Unfortunately even if you get in and then even if don't have horrendous lag, it's 5v5 BRs on that map and it's atrocious.

Mdot

I haven't had a chance to play since last nights patch.

So far results are fantastic! 5 minutes in and no games.

Edit: Gave up on BTB, took about 2 minutes in Team Slayer to find some people. No game yet.

Maybe it needs to get out to more people before it takes effect? (just grasping at straws here). I was able to get into every game I tried last night (around 5:00 PM Eastern, so I think it was pre-patch), but every one was unbalanced and I kept getting the weird "throw you into a party" error after each match.

I played 5 games in a row of Team Slayer with no disconnects and had completely even teams. I'm having fun :D

No joke. It was working pretty well for me last night. We even got a party of 4 into matchmaking on the same team! Too bad it gave us an extra teammate so it was 5v4... but the party didn't disintegrate post-game every time. It was better, but still pretty broken.

I feel like all these patches are very incremental steps, and we are kidding ourselves if we think one of them is someday going to actually "fix" the entire experience.

jem0208

Unfortunately even if you get in and then even if don't have horrendous lag, it's 5v5 BRs on that map and it's atrocious.

Welp I got into two more games.

First was 2 vs 4 on Orbital, not laggy so I decided to stick with it even though I suck at Halo 3. Second was SMG starts on some shitty map from Halo 2 which I can't remember the name of. Lag was terribad so I quit and the game crashes!

Yay MCC.

Halo 5 better be fucking fantastic or Halo is dad.

Havoc2049

Ya, I actually was in a party of four last night and we played three matches in a row in H2A. No lag, even teams, no graphical glitches, in-game chat worked, no sfx glitches and our party didn't get broken up between matches. What the hiel was going on??? It worked and I was having fun. I had a 2.0+ k/d ratio in my last two games and got the MVP achievement, so I was happy. H2A has always been the most stable though.
I actually might start playing Halo MCC multiplayer consistently every night if this keeps up.

I could definitely see improvements with each previous patch but this latest one seems to have made it worse. I managed to play all evening yesterday but after the patch it was dead. Then earlier today my friend texts me a picture of the Pillar of Autumn glitch that Bregman got. They need to patch the patch.

They're turning

Nebula

First was 2 vs 4 on Orbital, not laggy so I decided to stick with it even though I suck at Halo 3. Second was SMG starts on some shitty map from Halo 2 which I can't remember the name of. Lag was terribad so I quit and the game crashes!

Yay MCC.

Wish I could find Halo 3 games. Game fucking hates me.

Rev3rb

Ya, I actually was in a party of four last night and we played three matches in a row in H2A. No lag, even teams, no graphical glitches, in-game chat worked, no sfx glitches and our party didn't get broken up between matches. What the hiel was going on??? It worked and I was having fun. I had a 2.0+ k/d ratio in my last two games and got the MVP achievement, so I was happy. H2A has always been the most stable though.
I actually might start playing Halo MCC multiplayer consistently every night if this keeps up.

That's about how my group's experience was last night in H2A. We got a solid 10+ games and the party was even sticking together after each match.

RowdyReverb

First was 2 vs 4 on Orbital, not laggy so I decided to stick with it even though I suck at Halo 3. Second was SMG starts on some shitty map from Halo 2 which I can't remember the name of. Lag was terribad so I quit and the game crashes.

Solution: never give up, never surrender

I usually set games to hard as well. Love a challenge. However fighting a boss monster only to lose because they're stats were better than mine feels more like a grind.

Weirdly I enjoy games like Pokemon and Final Fantasy (7 in particular). Something about games with combat like Dragon Age just take me out of it for some reason. It feels less like I'm controlling the character and more like I'm a little person on their shoulder telling them what to do.

Which is what I just now realized to be an almost word for word description of what you are in Pokemon and still close to what it's like in Final Fantasy. I'm having trouble explaining this...

No I gotcha. On the surface Dragon age feels and looks more like you are in control because of graphics and presentation etc. However when you are in combat you are taken out of it because the feeling of control seems to be taken away in a jarring fashion.

Games like Pokémon and final Fantasy are less moment by moment immersive experiences. You walk on a grid or you are controlling then from top down angles. It doesn't "pretend" it's real.

jem0208

I could definitely see improvements with each previous patch but this latest one seems to have made it worse. I managed to play all evening yesterday but after the patch it was dead. Then earlier today my friend texts me a picture of the Pillar of Autumn glitch that Bregman got. They need to patch the patch.

They're turning

Haha, I'm reasonably confident I'll really enjoy 5. I do recognize that if the MCC is fixed ASAP and that if Halo 5 isn't up to par Halo is going to be at an all time low.

As for the previous patches, I've seen very minor improvements but nothing really noteworthy. This one just seems to be more of the same.

Haruko

How do I get this rebate? I had the digital preorder

If it works, it'd be automatically applied to your Xbox Rewards credit balance.

Whether or not it truly extends to purchases before December 1, 2014, is something I'm still trying to get verified.

They should make the boops optional. And also add an option to reduce the volume of the boops.

Everyone would be happy with that solution I think.
Yes. Yes. And more yes.
Added. I suck at the game so much though.
Nice, it's cool :]
preview of super duper top secret ultra forreal thing coming soon:

ckDLnQW.png
Where the wild things are cosplay
/Fanfiction
lol what in the world..
I'm ready.
If I Shoulder Charge into the side of warthog and it flips, that would be pretty badass.

I agree, more flipping of vehicles plz.

PP EMP + Throw all the stickies, is kinda lame in the scheme of things.
What? No, nillaaaaa nooooooooo........ Imagine everyone having the ability to do this? GG Warthogs, it's like Armor Lock all over again.

Vehicles need to be as OP as they were in Halo 3 because it seems like we're getting a beefy weapon sandbox. Nothing beats the cooperative element of effectively using a Halo 3 Warthog (needs an overheat mechanic though), and it would have been more exciting if people had a way to defend themselves outside of Power Drains and weak weapons.

Mdot

Didn't it say that games would start as soon as the minimum player count was reached to reduce lobby time? So if team slayer's minimum count is 8, you'll see more 4v4 or 4v5 games than 5v5.

Wouldn't you only have 4v4 games then since that minimum amount would always be reached first? (outside of parties of 5 obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom