• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Haha.

Nah, I'm just teaching her the ropes. She's kind of helpless in campaign sometimes so I help her learn how to strafe, maneuver and shoot.

I pick'em good.
That's adorable

*sips diet coke*
Lol. Coke Zero >
Diet Soda > Diabetes
693.gif

coffee > soda

fuck soda

except ginger ale

and apple cider

if those count
I don't think they count.

water tho
Look at all of this knowage!

Fuckin sugar in coffee gtfo out of here

And Dunkin is better than Starbucks
First coffee I ever drank was straight black...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I made the mistake of just quickly cleaning out the old coffee grounds that had been sitting all day from the machine before grinding a new batch. Bad choice.
Should have taken the time to clean more so I'd get tasty coffee.

edit: Aww hell fucking no. I leave for an hour and you people are dissing coffee. Nope!
i78FCqr.jpg

belushy

Banned
I like lemon-lime sodas like Sprite and Sierra Mist. I can drink Mountain Dew, but I don't really care for it and would choose Sprite or Mist over it. I like coffee but I don't really drink it enough, nor do I get it special from places like Dunkin or Starbucks. I went to a place a few times for Ice Coffee. I do like that stuff. Oh and I'm a Pepsi > Coke guy. I just like it better, don't know why.

Water > all of them though.

I made the mistake of just quickly cleaning out the old coffee grounds that had been sitting all day from the machine before grinding a new batch. Bad choice.
Should have taken the time to clean more so I'd get tasty coffee.

That's because you are in college. College demotivates you to do even the most simple things in life properly.

Like wiping your butt.

Granadier

That's because you are in college. College demotivates you to do even the most simple things in life properly.

Like wiping your butt.

Thankfully I didn't wipe my butt with the coffee filter and then use it.
Although it probably would have tasted the same.

Fahz, Sub, and Tawp know what's up with coffee. Although I'm worried that Tawp feels that Dunkin is > Starbucks.

Starbucks > Caribou > Dunkin > Tim Horton's > Piss > Folger's

This shit though, got damn!
XIn4UhE.png

Tawpgun

I can dig it.

I usually put milk or cream in my coffee unless its some really good stuff. Then I'll try it black first.

But sugar in coffee? ew.

Starbucks just burns the shit out of their coffee. They make decent sweet white girl fluffy drinks. But straight up coffee? Dunks has the mass market coffee chain thing down.

RowdyReverb

Something something Halo something BR starts sprint DMR 4-shot descope skill gap clamber ADS overpowered

Diet Coke is bad, but I like most diet sodas better than their regular counterpart. Just grew up drinking the former and now the regular ones taste too sweet. And +1 for Dunkin coffee.

Starbucks is for people that like to think they are coffee enthusiasts. Also for people that wear a mix of JCrew and H&M clothes and own a copy of Final Draft/Celtx.

I can dig it.

I usually put milk or cream in my coffee unless its some really good stuff. Then I'll try it black first.

But sugar in coffee? ew.

Starbucks just burns the shit out of their coffee. They make decent sweet white girl fluffy drinks. But straight up coffee? Dunks has the mass market coffee chain thing down.

I said I like coffee. Never said I'm good at coffee. It's like me and Halo!

Second, I'm absolutely a white girl so no lies detected ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

forgot to mention i usually put milk in my coffee as well beeteedubs.

I can dig it.

But sugar in coffee? ew.
I like sugar in coffee, but at least you're not one of those black coffee diehards..

They're just evil.

EDIT:
I said I like coffee. Never said I'm good at coffee. It's like me and Halo!

Second, I'm absolutely a white girl so no lies detected ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The only person I've ever seen use that face is this white girl I know who constantly makes sarcastic jokes about not lying when she's deliberately lying lmfao..
MY MIND..

Oh and she constantly makes fun of herself too. Coincidence??

I like sugar in coffee, but at least you're not one of those black coffee diehards..

They're just evil.

EDIT:
The only person I've ever seen use that face is this white girl I know who constantly makes sarcastic jokes about not lying when she's deliberately lying lmfao..
MY MIND..

Oh and she constantly makes fun of herself too. Coincidence??

the lenny face is a tumblr thing. she blogs tumblr confirmed.

and yeah, people who drink straight-up black coffee with nothing else are the worst. Like, I get you're trying to be cool and all, but there are easier ways to do it than drinking pure liquid hell.

Sweet white girl fluffy drinks or get the fuck out.

Yeah, all my drinks are sweet white girl fluffy drinks. I'd say I like my alcohol fruity, but I don't like alcohol yet, so girly coffees it is.

-Ryn

Banned

They're just evil.
and yeah, people who drink straight-up black coffee with nothing else are the worst. Like, I get you're trying to be cool and all, but there are easier ways to do it than drinking pure liquid hell.
It's like drinking from Satans butthole

Yeah, all my drinks are sweet white girl fluffy drinks. I'd say I like my alcohol fruity, but I don't like alcohol yet, so girly coffees it is.
When it comes to alcohol, I usually start off with the girly fru fru drinks and then start drinking harder stuff when I'm tipsy. I like to enjoy the ride.

Sweet white girl fluffy drinks or get the fuck out.

I still can't drink coffee straight. I tried to like it. I need the coffee mate, but lately i've been using
xmNhqUY.jpg

It doesn't upset my stomach for some reason.

Your good people.

If it isn't alcohol it's water only. Daily drinks of carbonated garbage? Nah.

Ice cold coke every once in a while is god tier though.

Can't trust a man who doesn't drink alcohol though. No fluffy wuss drinks.
haha alcohol is such a foreign taste to me. I have to mask it somehow if I'm going to drink at all. I'm all over the girly stuff. Amaretto Sours. Frozen Margaritas. Swirls. Rum in Coke. Screwdrivers. Otherwise, give me some unsweet iced tea lol.

VinFTW

drinking for me has become lame as fuck, literallyvodka and coke. I guess as i get older i drink just to get drunk, which you'd think it would be the opposite.

Tawpgun

To bring it back to Halo a bit...

For anyone with nothing going on on some night (and potentially nothing going on the next morning)

There is a very fine sweet spots in Halo (might be gaming in general) where your skills increase at a certain drunk level. I have tested it myself. If you wanna have some fun grab a few beers, play some Halo/Destiny/whatever and see if you get better.

Just be warned, there is a STEEP drop off after peak performance.

Granadier

haha alcohol is such a foreign taste to me. I have to mask it somehow if I'm going to drink at all. I'm all over the girly stuff. Amaretto Sours. Frozen Margaritas. Swirls. Rum in Coke. Screwdrivers. Otherwise, give me some unsweet iced tea lol.

A nice dark stout beer for me. Can't do hard liquor anymore.

For anyone with nothing going on on some night (and potentially nothing going on the next morning)

There is a very fine sweet spots in Halo (might be gaming in general) where your skills increase at a certain drunk level. I have tested it myself. If you wanna have some fun grab a few beers, play some Halo/Destiny/whatever and see if you get better.

I like how you linked Halo with drinking to stay semi on topic.

Welfare

Sounds like me when I get tired. Peak "tired" and I do amazing, then it as time goes on, I drop. HARD.

I can corroborate these findings.

Water is for scrubs. I roast my coffee by the bean over a Bunsen burner with a pair of tweezers then crush the beans with my teeth, letting it brew from my own saliva.

------------

I can also confirm the existence of the drunk sweet-spot in Halo.

willow ve

This is absolutely 100% truth. Y'all should try it.

Try to stay on topic here, please.
;)
Hehehe! Yeah... apologies. .. been finding games really constantly. New patch makes you leave the roster you last played with to restart the search. Its working well. Now, just gotta find even skills matches... pros everywhere... i'm getting owned big time

Cow

Will we eventually get the dedicated servers promised for the MCC? I'm yet to play on one it seems. I understand that there is a message saying "connecting to dedicated servers" at the start of the game that some people have seen. Is there any truth to this?

RowdyReverb

If I'm playing Saturday night, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be in that drinking sweet spot. Craft beers are my poison of choice though. I've still got fall seasonals to burn through to make room for winter.

The right weed can make you a better player at fast paced shooters.

When I smoke and play BF4/Titanfall, similar to alcohol there is a sweet spot where I'm a lot better.

With drinking it's harder to maintain that sweetspot so that huge drop off is enough to make me go to bed.

Booshka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM

FyreWulff

not from being drunk but my skill in halo was always higher when I was on the verge of going to sleep

I bet when you get to a state like that you start having less inhibition about your choices in firefights and play harder.

The right weed can make you a better player at fast paced shooters.

When I smoke and play BF4/Titanfall, similar to alcohol there is a sweet spot where I'm a lot better.

With drinking it's harder to maintain that sweetspot so that huge drop off is enough to make me go to bed.

Yeah but that sweet spot usually does not last for long. Then its all "wait... this is going too fast for my eyes..."

"Yo! Pros! Go play in the championship playlist and leave us scrubs in the regular playlist...
says the guy with a Perfection medal as his avatar... man this so so tough. I feel like I'll be a level 1 forever.

"Yo! Pros! Go play in the championship playlist and leave us scrubs in the regular playlist...
says the guy with a Perfection medal as his avatar... man this so so tough. I feel like I'll be a level 1 forever.

its okay, your rank will increase. you just gotta apply yourself. I believe in you, you can do it.

Granadier

If I'm playing Saturday night, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be in that drinking sweet spot. Craft beers are my poison of choice though. I've still got fall seasonals to burn through to make room for winter.

What are you favs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom