• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i.imgur.com/E0s2Noz.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
It would be cool if they let you sprint with the bomb/flag. Could be interesting, and maybe once you're sprinting a visual flare will indicate where the Objective carrier is, similar to the KILL waypoint except less obtrusive.

I'm full of ideas 343, but I can't keep giving them away for free.

It would be cool if they let you sprint with the bomb/flag. Could be interesting, and maybe once you're sprinting a visual flare will indicate where the Objective carrier is, similar to the KILL waypoint except less obtrusive.

I'm full of ideas 343, but I can't keep giving them away for free.

How would allowing objective carriers to sprint be beneficial to Halo gameplay?

Deception

So, what do you guys think about having 1 Flag on Stonetown every weekend? I think it's been some of the most fun for everyone. I'm going to tweak the spawns and add a second loadout with a Carbine for people looking for a single shot weapon.

Also, we can't do Halo 3 customs with 16 people the game just wants to change hosts and splits us all up. So we are stuck with H4, H2A/C, and H1. Anyone here good at Forge? We could use some good H2A Forge maps focused on 8v8 combat.

The only bad thing about Stonetown is the FPS drops, takes away the fun sometimes.

How would allowing objective carriers to sprint be beneficial to Halo gameplay?
Do you find Objectives in Halo fun as they are? I don't like walking slower than normal while carrying an objective. I don't enjoy having to be the guy to take the bomb across Stonetown because no one else wants to do it; I'd rather want to do it because it's fun to help out without feeling like a chore. I don't enjoy Objective gametypes taking 15-20 minutes and ending in a tie. I don't enjoy motion tracker, but we're going to get it anyway so if the objective carrier is to be exposed by movement, they should have the option to sprint IMO. Halo 5's sandbox looks more powerful, so having a slow-walking objective carrier would probably lead to boring gameplay scenarios of "Should I stay or should I go?" far too often. Trying to think of some way to make carrying the objective fun, and the best way might be enhancing their movement options since you're taking away their ability to shoot and throw grenades, two pillars of that "Golden Triangle" everyone talks about. Also, having to rely 100% on your team is just not fun and why you see people leaving the bomb behind, etc.

What I would like is for the objective carrier to walk faster than normal, but seeing as how there is sprint in the game maybe it would be interesting to provide them with that option. You despise sprint, I know, so there's no use convincing you, but maybe you could see where I'm coming from if you understand how much I dislike the slower sides of Halo.

would like to see some elites in h5 wearing traditional armor for ex. this:
KtnJMLn.jpg

I keep finding games quickly in ranked H2A ans TS but his game is so frustrating, host advantage has never been this huge....

Most of the time someone too far away is the host and hits are not registering properly and grenades take some time to be thrown. Ennemies kill me with two or three visible BR shots, but me, if it looks like I hit them 5 of 6 times with the BR and even an grenade, they even can't lose their shield.

Some rare times I'm the host and I can really see it, I can kill players very quicly and grenades are thrown right away and finish games with 20+ frags because it's too easy.

Come on promised dedicated servers, where are you ??

+100

Do you find Objectives in Halo fun as they are?

What type of objectives are we talking about?

Objectives that don't take away your ability to attack like KOTH, Plots, or Territories?

Objectives that take away your ability to attack but can be quickly juggled like CTF or Stockpile?

Objectives that take away your ability to attack and can't be juggled like Ball or Bomb?

Objectives is a pretty broad term.

Rev3rb

Just got prompted for a patch in MCC - 1gb

Patch Notes

MATCHMAKING & PARTIES
Made improvements to matchmaking team balance
Made an update to improve matchmaking search times and success rates, specifically expediting the “Players Found” and “Connecting Session” search phases
Made improvements to prevent a player’s rank from resetting unexpectedly
Made an update to resolve an issue that allowed players to be placed into an incorrect lobby after a matchmaking game
Made improvements to prevent the party from being disbanded upon returning to lobby
Made an update to ensure that players are sorted by team in the “Match Found” screen
Resolved an issue where Team Slayer matches in Halo 3 could separate players onto individual teams
Resolved an issue where players could be placed into a group of 7 players and unable to find more
Made improvements to ensure that the party-leader is prompted to “Bring Party” when leaving a lobby
Made an update to ensure that split-screen players cannot be divided onto different teams
Made improvements to ensure that clients are not kicked from parties at the end of matchmaking games with a “failed to connect” error
Made an update to ensure that Halo 2: Anniversary matches do not continue indefinitely after entire opposing team quits
Made an update to ensure that parties are not separated when the party leader navigates through multiple titles
CUSTOM GAMES
Made improvements to prevent manual team selection from getting reset after a Custom Game match
Made an update to ensure that the “Make Party Leader” command functions correctly
ACHIEVEMENTS
Made an update to ensure that the “Too Close to the Sun” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
Made an update to ensure that the “Monopolized” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
Made an update to ensure that the “Devastating” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
Made an update to ensure that the “You’re Joking” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
GAME-SPECIFIC
Made improvements to Halo 2: Anniversary objective pickup, specifically in regards to objective “juggling”
Made an update to Halo 3’s movement input, specifically to resolve a deadzone issue which affected moving in a straight line
Made additional improvements to Halo: CE fall damage scenarios
Made an update to resolve a Halo 2 Classic campaign issue where a black screen could overlay the gameplay screen
STABILITY
Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
Matchmaking
Custom Games
Halo 4 Campaign
MISC.
Made an update to ensure that clan tags appear in the post-game carnage report for all players
Made an update to ensure that players are sorted by team in the post-game carnage report
Made an update to ensure that emblems are displayed correctly in the post-game carnage report

I just signed on to play and am stuck getting this update. Hope it works a bit better than the last few ones. I've only been able to play <10 games since launch, and I used to play a couple of hours every day. :(

What is this the 4th patch? And I'm...queued in it?

I'm not ungrateful for them fixing their game at all but I've had as many updates as games I had in the Halo 4 playlist before it was taken out. I've managed to have quite a few fun games and actually get enjoyment out of this game so I'm not trying to be too salty about something that's fixing it. But man I've seen a lot of update screens.

Better than a safe to reboot screen I guess.

Booshka

Kinda dumb to release this patch right in the middle of the first HCS Online Tournament. Completely stalled the whole tournament, every team is staring at updates, games are getting dropped to update, then nerds try to claim a win if someone on the other team drops.

GavinGT

Banned
What is this the 4th patch? And I'm...queued in it?

I'm not ungrateful for them fixing their game at all but I've had as many updates as games I had in the Halo 4 playlist before it was taken out. I've managed to have quite a few fun games and actually get enjoyment out of this game so I'm not trying to be too salty about something that's fixing it. But man I've seen a lot of update screens.

Better than a safe to reboot screen I guess.

Like all Xbox One issues, do a hard reboot.

Rev3rb

Still not having any luck staying with my party when backing out of matchmaking...

...and my first game was 5v4. Maybe we're still pending a server-side update to go along with this patch?

willow ve

So what's the total size of Halo MCC now? - trying to calculate my download time on Christmas Day.

Also - are any of these patches redundant? Like with BF3 - after a new update you could delete the older updates because they weren't used anymore.

Ghazi

So what's the total size of Halo MCC now? - trying to calculate my download time on Christmas Day.

Also - are any of these patches redundant? Like with BF3 - after a new update you could delete the older updates because they weren't used anymore.

You can't delete individual patches on the One. They are added to the base game. As for redundancy, I couldn't tell you for sure.

So Kamp had no fucking idea what he was talking about.

Pretty much.

Unless it had nothing to do with Halo and he just decided to pop back here to update us on his life.
Well the dets I was suppose to post didnt really happen back then. At the time I only knew that Sprint was in and basically what the "Leak" was from the italy site. It wasn't enough for gaf. I only told like 2 ppl in gaf about it before the monday H5 beta reveal. When there's actual dets I'll post or share via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom