• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

Found a lot of matches with even teams and no crashes so far. Even played a few btb games. I haven't tried with a party yet.

-Ryn

Banned
yFcLu5U.gif

Glad everyone was okay

CliQ

It's better but still has a lot of issues. I don't see this game getting completely fixed until some time in January maybe later.

It's better but still has a lot of issues. I don't see this game getting completely fixed until some time in January maybe later.

I really hope it does get fixed, instead of ending up along with the plethora of other shooters that end up half working.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I really hope it does get fixed, instead of ending up along with the plethora of other shooters that end up half working.

We are not going to stop making improvements until it's acceptable. Today was significant but we will be doing more significant improvements.

I don't know if its 100% turbo update. I don't really use BR in H4, I use the Carbine. Also the armors that were added in the later updates for H4 arent here and the new tactical package and the two support upgrades arent in.

I don't know if its 100% turbo update. I don't really use BR in H4, I use the Carbine. Also the armors that were added in the later updates for H4 arent here and the new tactical package and the two support upgrades arent in.

I'm probably the only one that's gonna say this. I love that survivor perk. It is the most broken thing in the world but boy is it fun to get blown out of your banshee and land on someone elses for the jack. SO satisfying.

CliQ

We are not going to stop making improvements until it's acceptable. Today was significant but we will be doing more significant improvements.

Not sure if this was addressed but when you have a large party (16 people) and try to play Halo 3 the game will always crash. We tested this last Saturday for about half an hour.

Also on Halo 3 if you try to play a custom game it will migrate everyone to a new host and the party gets put into a new lobby (sometimes splitting everyone up into several lobbies). Not sure if this is just with large parties or not so take from it what you can.

Thanks for all the work so far this is a massive game and I can't wait to see it in it's final form!

Think of it this way: You have been given an extra month of your life before you and the rest of us start living on crumbs since we can't get away from Halo long enough to make real food.

Nope. I basically don't give a shit anymore. I've got Geometry Wars 3 and other games that already work and aren't a waste of my time.

I did get duped out of $60, though. From my understanding, a digital refund would go to your rewards account or some shit? No thanks. I don't want to give MS that money anymore, period. And I didn't use a credit card for the purchase, so I'm fucked in that regard.

Rockyrock

Think of it this way: You have been given an extra month of your life before you and the rest of us start living on crumbs since we can't get away from Halo long enough to make real food.

point is though, population is decimated and it will never recover.

aka less people searching, less playlist variety, less balanced matches, longer search times (even if/when its 'fixed')

Basically its such a large blunder the game will never recover at this point and we'll never get to enjoy what we were expecting.

Sure we still have customs which were great the first nights when everyone was still online, but im lucky to find a single friend online anymore and who could blame em?

I refunded my digital copy of the game and got $60 in store credit back. I rashly spent it on CoD and think that game is much worse than broken Halo :(

Yeah, that's what I figured. My point is, I don't want MS to have that money at all anymore because I was essentially duped into a purchase, but I fully recognize that that isn't possible and I have no recourse, so like I said "I'm fucked" and "I don't give a shit anymore".

I'm not going to waste time and effort switching funds around in MS's coffers to make some other purchase that I didn't in fact want.

IHaveIce

Banned
Most retail stores also only give you a gift card with the refund on it as credit, at least where I live..

That is a common practice, no?

i wonder how quickly the population will sprint away when the new CoD or Titanfall or BF comes out.

probably fast considering those OPTIONS.

best check my loadout of dew and doritos and stock up on some 3v4 matches until i have to #quitthebuild

the Beta will be played by top men and they are artistically zooming in on our feedback.

and i'd like some actual answers as to what went wrong on the MCC and how removing Halo 4 will fix everything.

TCKaos

Nope. I basically don't give a shit anymore. I've got Geometry Wars 3 and other games that already work and aren't a waste of my time.

I did get duped out of $60, though. From my understanding, a digital refund would go to your rewards account or some shit? No thanks. I don't want to give MS that money anymore, period. And I didn't use a credit card for the purchase, so I'm fucked in that regard.

I used a credit card. What can I do to get a refund for my physical copy?

I used a credit card. What can I do to get a refund for my physical copy?

Depending on where you bought it, and whether you still have your receipt (note to you kids out there, keep your damn receipts), you just bring the game and the 'ceipt in with the credit card used to purchase and there are quite a few places that will credit your card back. I know of at least three stores within a couple miles of here that do that.

Deception

This update vastly improved matchmaking for me. Me and a buddy played 7 games together with no party splitting, no uneven teams and no disconnects. All in one hour. It was glorious.

In CA they typically don't give refunds for games, only exchanges (sometimes store credit). Don't know if that's true in other states. That's why I only use Amazon for game purchases. They'll refund any item.

That's how Walmart is here. Usually the rule applies to "software purchases". If it's opened, you get credit or whatever. But we have a few other local stores that are Amazon levels of customer-friendly, so couldn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom