• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A combat evolved 2 woulda been great.
Depending on how Halo 5 is received, 343 may have no other choice than to begin development on
Combat Evolved 2
so that game can do for this franchise what Modern Warfare did for CoD. Or just give me a team, some resources (basic survival) and let's make it happen.

The true ace in the hole.

jem0208

How's the matchmaking working for everyone atm?

I seem to be getting games pretty quickly now. Shame most of them have been quite laggy :/

Fuchsdh

OG Incubus track was better. Though the fidelity of the new Misha Mansoor track is pretty fantastic. I think I prefer the original because it had a more consistent minor key driving tempo vibe.

However, I was finding switching back to the classic that the music track seemed really quiet. Was it always that quiet respectively to the sound effects, or is this an unfortunate byproduct of this MCC H2A package?

In general I think the music in H2 OG was mixed a little bit further back, and so in comparison it generally seems quieter than the anniversary music. However I'd have to break out my original copy to check that it's not some funkiness on the part of running the new engines.

jem0208

Depending on how Halo 5 is received, 343 may have no other choice than to begin development on
Combat Evolved 2
so that game can do for this franchise what Modern Warfare did for CoD. Or just give me a team, some resources (basic survival) and let's make it happen.

A FUNKNOWN developed CE:
Grenades don't actually cause damage when they explode, instead a shower a pistols fly everywhere.

;)

I just had my first non-laggy H2A MP match, got a rampage and went 22 for 1. This game is so good.

OG Incubus track was better. Though the fidelity of the new Misha Mansoor track is pretty fantastic. I think I prefer the original because it had a more consistent minor key driving tempo vibe.

However, I was finding switching back to the classic that the music track seemed really quiet. Was it always that quiet respectively to the sound effects, or is this an unfortunate byproduct of this MCC H2A package?

I was thinking the same about the volume. There is no way a lot of the music was THAT quiet in the original.

I don't like H2A BR. It's just strange. Kinda like H2C BR
(=OP as fuck)
but not as responsive or fun to use.

I mean, I like the classic BR the best...but I thought the H2:A BR was extremely responsive... A lot of pros love it because they can 4 shot someone from BR3 in Lockout to the back of snipe tower quite easily. I wonder if your games were laggy?

You just suck, don't you? ;)

AlStrong

Combat Evolved 2

"Palmer goes insurrectionist as she's fed up with her boyfriend, Capt. Lasky, continuing to defend Master Chief and saving Halsey.

You play as Agent Locke sent to take her out and everyone associated.

Meanwhile, an unexpected birth complicates things."

:p

Tawpgun

Getting out of them is my problem.

Finish a game and the game just locks up and I have to force close it from the dash.
Happened to me once but not anymore.

I am having a really game breaking bug where I keep getting in games with smg or ar starts. Should be fixed IMO

People in Halo 2 are fucking dumb bros. Two flag CTF and I was the only one on my team of 5 ever going for the flag. Three constantly stayed back and played defense, the fourth roamed around dying every three seconds.

The three "defenders" allowed the other team to take the flag probably 10+ times, of which I stopped probably 8 or 9 personally. I was the only one who grabbed the other teams' flag and even then I only got it a few feet away from the thing before dying, because I had no support.

Oh, and with two minutes left my teammates know they can't quit without getting a penalty so they just go AFK on purpose.

What a fucking joke.

AlStrong

People in Halo 2 are fucking dumb bros. Two flag CTF and I was the only one on my team of 5 ever going for the flag. Three constantly stayed back and played defense, the fourth roamed around dying every three seconds.

The three "defenders" allowed the other team to take the flag probably 10+ times, of which I stopped probably 8 or 9 personally. I was the only one who grabbed the other teams' flag and even then I only got it a few feet away from the thing before dying, because I had no support.

Oh, and with two minutes left my teammates know they can't quit without getting a penalty so they just go AFK on purpose.

What a fucking joke.

It's possible they didn't know where the flags on the map were. 343i should look into adding some sort of text indicator on-screen at all times for future endeavours.

;)

dwells

And now I just had a 3v3 slayer on Beaver Creek. My team donged on them 21-2 before the other three quit. Scrubs, I tell you.

aJv2Xfp.jpg

Impala26

Incubus stuff was great, I mean, just listen to the guitar and tempo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bJ1l4xd9zs

I'm probably showing my age here, but I freaking LOVE Incubus. S.C.I.E.N.C.E is amazing album and is my personal favorite of theirs. I'm really sad none of the songs really get any radio play from it because pretty much every track is better than most of what passes as "alt rock" these days...

Here's a Live version of "Follow" with lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQRVCjteXsY

Team slayer playlist. 4v4.

5 people vote for Halo 1 classic slayer on hang em high

2 people vote for team brs on the Pit Halo 3

Halo 3 wins.

Halo.

EDIT: AND ITS 5v3 343 COME THE FUCK ON

tootsi666

I mean, I like the classic BR the best...but I thought the H2:A BR was extremely responsive... A lot of pros love it because they can 4 shot someone from BR3 in Lockout to the back of snipe tower quite easily. I wonder if your games were laggy?

You just suck, don't you? ;)
There is probably nothing wrong with H2A BR. 50 matches later it'll probably feel perfect.
Of course I suck

TheXbox

Team slayer playlist. 4v4.

5 people vote for Halo 1 classic slayer on hang em high

2 people vote for team brs on the Pit Halo 3

Halo 3 wins.

Halo.

EDIT: AND ITS 5v3 343 COME THE FUCK ON
I like that people are actually voting for CE, though. Part of me was afraid CE and classic H2 would be negelected. Kids must know what's up

HaleStorm

I like that people are actually voting for CE, though. Part of me was afraid CE and classic H2 would be negelected. Kids must know what's up

It will get worse in December. The people buying now played HCE and H2 back in the day, and have real jobs to buy things with. The H3, H4 generation will be getting their stuff from their parents and be on soon enough.

Lazslo

Last night around 11pm EST I started to get matches in Classic h2 pretty quickly (5-10 min wait time), I guess everyone else in the world gave up. I can't express how much I love Halo 2. I was 17 when Halo 2 came out and I totally had that nostalgia experience. Just being able to play Halo 2 again is totally worth all the bugs for me. Halo 2 to me is the perfect Halo, no bullshit abilities or perks, just skill and fun. I would love to get some customs going tonight around 7pm Est -I doubt it will work but I'll try it anyway. With all the bugs and failed match making, playing 1bomb on Ivory Tower again was so fun and worth all the waiting. I guess I'm a sucker but Thank you 343 for all the hard work- I know you guys are doing your best.

Tawpgun

Fuckin everytime. I get like 20+ kills and it's sill a nail biter. I go +14, teammates go -2 and -11.

Managed to get the win though. Smg starts are laughable. I got a br on midship and just donged on everyone. Got a rampage before my teammates accidentally betrayed me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hopefully skill matching kicks in soon. I played like 5 games last night and in all of them, I was either donging hard or getting donged on.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fuckin everytime. I get like 20+ kills and it's sill a nail biter. I go +14, teammates go -2 and -11.

Managed to get the win though. Smg starts are laughable. I got a br on midship and just donged on everyone. Got a rampage before my teammates accidentally betrayed me.

This is me.

I apologize.

jem0208

Hopefully skill matching kicks in soon. I played like 5 games last night and in all of them, I was either donging hard or getting donged on.

I've had this a couple of times. One match I went -4, the next I got a rampage and was +21.

I'm not sure how much lag is effecting things though...

really glad to hear you guys are getting matches! Hopefully we can all get a circle of friends on so we always have someone to dong with.

Oh yeah, and 4v6 brs on blackout is so much fun thank you based matchmaking

EDIT: I have gotten five solid Ls today so far because matchmaking can't even do the basic task of making teams even.

Sofa King

This has got to be the biggest screw up at the worst time. The supposed system seller that needs to breathe life into both the franchise and console and this crap happens. Just so unbelievably bad that I fear that people will lose jobs over this. How is this level of screw up even possible? I'm not sure if what I feel is anger or sadness, but my faith is definitely shaken in this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom