• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwells

This has got to be the biggest screw up at the worst time. The supposed system seller that needs to breathe life into both the franchise and console and this crap happens. Just so unbelievably bad that I fear that people will lose jobs over this.

I'd be on the curb already if I shipped code like this to a client.

clav

When people say getting matches, do they mean they find players? I don't understand the criteria for grading the time for getting a match. Do you start counting when you find players or what?

I haven't found anyone in over 24 hours. The menu just says searching.

This has got to be the biggest screw up at the worst time. The supposed system seller that needs to breathe life into both the franchise and console and this crap happens. Just so unbelievably bad that I fear that people will lose jobs over this. How is this level of screw up even possible? I'm not sure if what I feel is anger or sadness, but my faith is definitely shaken in this franchise.

Yeah it's a bit unsettling. Everything about online play (even customs and getting friends together) has been an extremely frustrating and an inconsistent task. It seems the whole multiplayer side of things is completely broken, while the campaign's framerate and performance is really inconsistent. Halo 2 Anniversary campaign looks great...aside from the terrible pop-in and texture dithering of objects right in front of you. I was walking up to a warthog and it was switching between levels of detail over and over, just flickering. They didn't fix the texture pop in in the other Halo games, and the Halo CE anniversary is absolutely hideous in areas...shadow cascade being extremely apparent.

Gametypes get changed at random, game rules are changed, saved games are screwed up and renamed without cause, can't get friends into a custom game lobby, friends aren't showing up on the roster list, games crash when the game ends...I could go on.

It's so broken and Halo was always a game you could count on for a solid online experience. This is extremely disheartening. If I wasn't such a Halo fan-boy, I would probably return this game and give it the proverbial middle finger.

Impala26

If people are STILL having matchmaking difficulty with Matchmaking and such, I would highly recommend joining Mix, myself and many other HaloGAFers tonight for customs again beginning around 9 or 10pm EST.

It was a BLAST last night, and I seriously can't wait for more!

Come dong (or bong) Ragnarok and my fat-ass Elite head! lol

It only borked for us 2 or 3 times last night, but because of the party system it was pretty easy to regroup.

clav

Team Slayer.

Minimum player count: 6

Game finds five people

Puts four on one team, one on the other.

Everyone votes for Narrows.

What the fuck.

In one of the few matches I played at launch, there was a choice between Halo 2 Lockout and Halo 3 Narrows.

Narrows won.

Who the fuck chooses Narrows over Lockout?

I really don't know why you guys are even trying to play multiplayer. You know it doesn't work. I know that I won't be touching that shit until it's fixed.

Welfare

If people are STILL having matchmaking difficulty with Matchmaking and such, I would highly recommend joining Mix, myself and many other HaloGAFers tonight for customs again beginning around 9 or 10pm EST.

Come shoot at Ragnarok and my fat-ass Elite head! lol

It only borked for us 2 or 3 times last night, but because of the party system it was pretty easy to regroup.

Invite me when you do customs. I have nothing to do besides campaign :(

The Flash

Banned
This has got to be the biggest screw up at the worst time. The supposed system seller that needs to breathe life into both the franchise and console and this crap happens. Just so unbelievably bad that I fear that people will lose jobs over this. How is this level of screw up even possible? I'm not sure if what I feel is anger or sadness, but my faith is definitely shaken in this franchise.

PvoAagU.png

jem0208

Come shoot at Ragnarok and my fat-ass Elite head! lol

:'(

Would it be possible to have some a bit earlier?

tootsi666

Just got my first Running Riot. Went 18/2 on Beaver Creek. Almost everyone just runs around with the AR. Scrubs should respect the pistol.

I didn't know this game's errors can cause your Xbox to hard reboot lol.. Is playing this game dangerous for the hardware? It just happened to me and a friend after finding a 4v4 TS match on Damnation ;'[

EDIT:
Damn.. that's some Twilight Zone shit.

you didn't destroy the oracles so your xbox got marked for negation.

Impala26

:'(

Would it be possible to have some a bit earlier?

I mean, I the earliest I can start at weeknights is around 7:30pm EST... and I know that's already after midnight UK time. What are you operating hours locally?

PS: I foresee marathon customs going on throughout most of this weekend regardless, lol.

Blackout is actually the worst.

Forgot how much it sucked until I played it again. Back in Halo 3 I always thought it was a decent remake and did not understand why it got so much hate.

Then I played Halo 2 lockout and the H2A remake and I see the light. Especially now after getting destroyed 50-19 after one of my teammates quit and it was 6v3.

In one of the few matches I played at launch, there was a choice between Halo 2 Lockout and Halo 3 Narrows.

Narrows won.

Who the fuck chooses Narrows over Lockout?

Dummies. Just really, really dumb people.

jem0208

Almost everything else > AR

AR >>>> SMG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 3 AR.

Almost everything else > AR

Everything is better than the Halo 3 AR. Except maybe the Halo 3 magnum.

I mean, I the earliest I can start at weeknights is around 7:30pm EST... and I know that's already after midnight UK time. What are you operating hours locally?

PS: I foresee marathon customs going on throughout most of this weekend regardless, lol.

Yeah, it's awkward. Bloody timezones. I can play anytime from about 4pm - 5pm onward. Latest I'd be okay playing would be ~ 1am although that would have to be a Tuesday as I have Wednesdays off.

Weekends I'm happy to play anytime, annoying I might be busy the next two weekends :s

Quoting this because you seem like a great fella.
>complains about cash grab
>goes back to destiny

And why not wait a week for the issues to be fixed? This launch is a disgrace and all but how can you be so high on your horse to return a game you know will be fixed in days? Hell, mm is working well for me now already and I'm sure he's gonna regret abandoning ship so soon. I was blunt and I'm a bit cranky atm at work but for gods sake why can't people wait a bit? Is the economy that freakin bad that people need their lousy 60 bucks? God damn.

/rant

Fracas

#fuckonami
>goes back to destiny

And why not wait a week for the issues to be fixed? This launch is a disgrace and all but how can you be so high on your horse to return a game you know will be fixed in days? Hell, mm is working well for me now already and I'm sure he's gonna regret abandoning ship so soon. I was blunt and I'm a bit cranky atm at work but for gods sake why can't people wait a bit? Is the economy that freakin bad that people need their lousy 60 bucks? God damn.

/rant

/banned

>goes back to work because I have better things to do than call someone retarded on the internet
>sips coffee, puts on shades

VinFTW

"I love him! I love him for the man he wants to be. And I love him for the man he almost is".

-->

"I love this game! I love it for the game it wants to be. And I love it for the game it almost is"

Fucking Jerry Maguire got it right 18 years ago.

I fucking love this game, I just wish the matchmaking was fixed, the lobbys weren't broken, the roster wasn't broken, and the crashes/freezes/lockups didn't exist.

Despite all that I love it, but I'm still sad and disappointed. It's almost like an overcast of depression that I want to shake. I want to be able to power it on, click a playlist, invite some friends, back out if we want to without lobby and invite issues, and join any hopper with instant matching, full games, even teams, and no juggling of groups (why must I have to dong on my friends when I join with them).

I am extremely, extremely forgiving, and if they can get this fixed by the weekend (MM at least) and fully functional by Black Friday, all is well for me. They just need to re-market it with a bundle pack-in and dropped price to make up for the refunds and bad-press this is causing.

A formal, out-right apology and some form of compensation (bite the bullet and make it big) will help their mind-share and image for sure.

I feel bad for 343i and I absolutely do NOT blame or misunderstand peoples outrage and decisions to get a refund or return the game.

This game in concept is the only game I will ever need. When it works, it will be the single greatest game I will ever, likely own.

I hope those of you who do leave us come back eventually and enjoy the good times ahead.

Welfare

>goes back to destiny

/rant

/account

HaloGAF

As good a time as any

civil_war.gif

Do we seriously not have this updated?

FyreWulff

SPEAKING OF WHICH - this is something I harped on all the time over on Bungie.net, but if you're going to update a disc/launch map for fuck's sake give it a version number in the map title. It makes it literally impossible to figure out what version of weapon spawns etc. are currently used in matchmaking when every single file is just called Guardian (for example). Really should start naming the updates Guardian v.01, Guardian v.02, et. al.

Version numbers in the map name were explictly banned in Halo 3 community maps and Reach / 4 CC submissions. I know at least for Reach though, Bungie put version numbers in the map's description (you can also tell a map is updated because "2-8 players" becomes "2-8 mans" in the descrip). I think Halo 4 did this too.

If a forged map had v2 or whatever in it, the map had to be renamed upon submission or they would strip it themselves.

jem0208

Version numbers in the map name were explictly banned in Halo 3 community maps and Reach / 4 CC submissions. I know at least for Reach though, Bungie put version numbers in the map's description (you can also tell a map is updated because "2-8 players" becomes "2-8 mans" in the descrip). I think Halo 4 did this too.

If a forged map had v2 or whatever in it, the map had to be renamed upon submission or they would strip it themselves.

... why?

Finally get a CE game and the other team quits after trying and failing to use ARs for a few minutes.

It's only my team left in the game and nothing is happening. The game is not ending.

The Flash

Banned
The war in 1984 is a pretty good analogy for HaloGAF civil wars. "We've always been at war about sprint". 5 seconds later. "We've always been at war with each other".

dwells

Thank God I'm almost never over at Gaming Side anymore then...

i-dont-care.gif

You're missing out, it's a great spectator sport. Grab some popcorn.

That said, that FordGTGuy reeled me in, I couldn't take it anymore. BR starts = scrub mentality apparently. It's straight-up Scrubbing Bubbles all up in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom