• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im on The Storm in the The Master Chief Saga playlist and I forgot how good the back to back levels of Tsavo Highway and The Storm were. So good. For as much flak as I give various aspects of H3, most of the levels are actually a lot of fun.

Funny. Those are my least favorite levels.

IHaveIce

Banned
Define fine...it's sad that you still have to worry about a match of 5v5 on small maps a month after release.

BTB wouldn't work at all last night, and like I said, parties still took forever to find even on match. This game isn't fine, unless your standards are in the dumpster.

The only times in the last 3 days I had uneven matches was because of dickwads quitting when their choice wasn't voted.

I didn't have to worry about 5v5 H2A and Team Slayer lists for days.

BTB I didn't test, though yeah it is known this still doesn't work and that is trash, I just said the game is running fine for me, which it is.

Be aware fine is far from perfect or as intended/promised.

Impala26

g3qLGLW.gif

lol

Incubus' S.C.I.E.N.C.E. album is my jam, so it's more that than anything.

jem0208

Whose idea was it to have AR starts on Bloodline in BTB Slayer?

One good thing about 4's loadout system was that you were never stuck with fucking AR starts.

Booshka

Those random cortana and gravemind scenes in Halo 3 sure are annoying and look bad now cuz they are low res still.

It's too bad smart, confident, and sarcastic Cortana only lasted a game and a half. Gravemind turned her into a kidnapped hostage in late H2 and all of H3, then rampancy in H4 turned her into a desperate waifu.

I think H4 is going to surprise people, either through population numbers being higher than we expect or people liking its gameplay. More and more I see people opening up to Halo 4 without all the fluff and issues it launched with.

See? Im not crazy there really is a good game in there. I just wish they could make all legendary slayer gametypes have thruster. Keep it all the same just include thruster for everyone.

I also noticed last night the glare from the sun on wreckage, never saw it before but that is really annoying. But besides that it was good fun.

jem0208

H2A's netcode is a complete mess.

http://xboxclips.com/Il+MeanBean+lI/34332e17-4769-42e2-a6ed-529950f5af83

http://xboxclips.com/Il+MeanBean+lI/96da1b1d-1d57-4f59-89e9-9264beac92b2

http://xboxclips.com/Il+MeanBean+lI/0bf4acc0-b11a-4622-a2d4-73aa7d5e3b64

Every single game I play is filled with this. Rubber banding, multiple host migration screens, grenades not being thrown, rockets not being shot, hits not being registered. It's just awful.

It's really hard to admit this but nearing a month of this nonsense, I've really lost all the excitement I once had about the Master Chief Collection. This has just been a bummer of epic proportions.

Yup.

I'm still mildly excited for the Halo 5 beta though.

To each their own! Got any reasons?

IDK really. More superficial reasons than meaningful ones. I always thought vehicle combat in that game was frustrating and I don't particularly like the setting of both levels (especially the storm).

They are good levels, but I prefer the exotic locations that I became accustom to from Halo 1-2. I felt that the earth levels in Halo 3 weren't as good as Halo 2 for some reason. Too many hangers and boxes and dingy work buildings in Halo 3. Just bores me. Every time I play earth levels in Halo 3 I'm reminded how well done they are in Half life 2.

antigoon

It's really hard to admit this but nearing a month of this nonsense, I've really lost all the excitement I once had about the Master Chief Collection. This has just been a bummer of epic proportions.

IDK really. More superficial reasons than meaningful ones. I always thought vehicle combat in that game was frustrating and I don't particularly like the setting of both levels (especially the storm).

They are good levels, but I prefer the exotic locations that I became accustom to from Halo 1-2. I felt that the earth levels in Halo 3 weren't as good as Halo 2 for some reason. Too many hangars and boxes and dingy work buildings in Halo 3. Just bores me. Every time I play earth levels in Halo 3 I'm reminded how well done they are in Half life 2.

That'll do it. Halo 3 for me is basically what they promised when Halo 2 was about "Defending Earth." Halo 2 had 2 great Earth levels and then every other mission was back on Delta Halo. Halo 3's story feels like the actual final act of Halo 2 for me. Halo 3 gave me the rest of what I wanted out of "Defending Earth" and then it gave me 2 of the best levels in the series (The Ark and The Covenant) but then they messed up with Cortana. I can see if you don't like the vehicles, why the vehicle heavy Halo 3 might disappoint you in that aspect.

at what point do the 343 defense force finally stop defending 343? day 40 of broken MCC? Day one of beta that works better but is Halo with stuff on top? after watching Halol:nightfall?
when do the goal posts stop getting pushed forward?

belushy

Banned
at what point do the 343 defense force finally stop defending 343? day 40 of broken MCC? Day one of beta that works better but is Halo with stuff on top? after watching Halol:nightfall?
when do the goal posts stop getting pushed forward?

When are you gonna change your avatar back? It is horrifying.

Fathead

All 3 halo 3 scarab encounters are great. Different strategies for each with different ways to approach the encounters.

I actually found Cortana a lot easier to deal with than I remembered.

Akai__

Nightfall is over. Don't read Fuchsdh prediction, because it was spot on.

FUD > Nightfall

Watched all episodes and it says 7/8 rewards. Last one missing is watching all 5 episodes. Not that it is important, but it kinda sucks...

FUD > Nightfall

Watched all episodes and it says 7/8 rewards. Last one missing is watching all 5 episodes. Not that it is important, but it kinda sucks...

To be honest, saying from the get go that "Nightfall is Agent Locke's origin story for players to grasp before going into Halo 5" pretty much gave away the entire plot once you understand that they were going to be in great peril on the Halo ring chunk.

Who survives in this epic adventure?

Rubbish.

Madness

FUD > Nightfall

Not reading what you wrote but it was pretty obvious what the story would be from ep2 onwards. Just from the dialogue you knew. And then last week, the preview basically confirmed it for me because there is a two second shot that gave away who gets off.

Not reading what you wrote but it was pretty obvious what the story would be from ep2 onwards. Just from the dialogue you knew. And then last week, the preview basically confirmed it for me because there is a two second shot that gave away who gets off.

Yup. That's such a stupid way of story telling. Not that there was going to be any question about who lives in the first place...which completely ruined any sort of emotional attachment or empathy toward any other character.

They were just plot fodder.

FUD was definitely a better series.

FUD > Nightfall

Oh shit. Totally forgot about nightfall haha.

I'll watch 3+ later this week.

Akai__

The Halo Channel app is also pretty bad... I like how you can't skip the video that auto-plays after you've watched the video you actually wanted to watch. It literally forces you to restart the app, so you can navigate through the "main menu" again.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
and nightfall is more dud. The characters were at least more compelling in FUD. I actually kind of cared about them.

Even the janitor.

They gave plenty of time too as well with all the slow-mo used.

For real though, the acting of Lasky and Chyler wasn't bad.

I will contribute $100
for 343 to hire FyreWulff for a couple hours TO FIX THESE STUPID FUCKING SETTINGS.

Seriously, SMG/AR starts in 2014 is nothing but bullshit.. What's the reason for it? Is it a design choice or a glitch? Have they commented on this? Is this just a big "F--- YOU" to all the fans? What's it going to take to get some answers/fixes? They throw in the Turbo update and fix other things, but they leave this BS despite years of complaints?

I'm considering a visit to a hypnotist to rid myself of this franchise from my damn memory..

I will contribute $100
for 343 to hire FyreWulff for a couple hours TO FIX THESE STUPID FUCKING SETTINGS.

Seriously, SMG/AR starts in 2014 is nothing but bullshit.. What's the reason for it? Is it a design choice or a glitch? Have they commented on this? Is this just a big "F--- YOU" to all the fans? What's it going to take to get some answers/fixes? They throw in the Turbo update and fix other things, but they leave this BS despite years of complaints?

I'm considering a visit to a hypnotist to rid myself of this franchise from my damn memory..

its like 343 only cares about their baby Halo 4 and their baby going forward.

Nightfall was... idk. Not much of an origin outside of one mission.
We don't get a recruitment moment for the Spartan program, we have no idea what becomes of Macer, hell the final shot is just Locke walking around the market in slow mo with a voice over. We don't even get a shot of him in armor? Wtf?

I'm also showing 7/8 unlocked for rewards, might be a glitch, might be something that unlocks once the H5 beta goes live (although the helmet unlocked last week...), someone tweet Bravo.

EDIT: oh, and I saw a Navy ad play instead of a bump (those vids that say "[Blank] More"), which is pretty gross. I get you need to pay for everything, but God, I feel gross now...

Nightfall was... idk. Not much of an origin outside of one mission.
We don't get a recruitment moment for the Spartan program, we have no idea what becomes of Macer, hell the final shot is just Locke walking around the market in slow mo with a voice over. We don't even get a shot of him in armor? Wtf?

I'm also showing 7/8 unlocked for rewards, might be a glitch, might be something that unlocks once the H5 beta goes live (although the helmet unlocked last week...), someone tweet Bravo.

EDIT: oh, and I saw a Navy ad play instead of a bump (those vids that say "[Blank] More"), which is pretty gross. I get you need to pay for everything, but God, I feel gross now...
Thats kind of ironic since the Spartan Program was under the Naval branch of the UNSC

willow ve

I will contribute $100

How any of the games launched without updated matchmaking settings and maps is beyond me. It feels like no one that works there actually plays Halo.

Welp, those new "story" missions in destiny from dumb kid edition

:|

Don't spend $20 on it

Sigh. I own the dumb kid edition, and I wish I was surprised. I was hoping they'd take the opportunity to up their game on the story, but I suppose that realistically, the DLCs were probably 90% done before launch. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom