• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Today is the final episode of Halo: Nightfall, isn't it? Oh boy...

The ending is pretty much set up already.

Locke and Macer survive, evil guys get their comeuppance, Randall realizes that since he's a Spartan he's got the Halo Legends clause in his contract, and must die.

The whole discussion on the BR and bullet refunding and random spread is why so many pros were hating on Halo 3 during MLG days. The game wasn't consistent and people can tell pretty easily.

LAN or online, Halo 3 was bad compared to Halo 1 and 2.

Not gonna lie, seems like each release of Halo got progressively worse. I like Halo 2 as much as Halo 1, but if it weren't for button combos and trick jumps I wouldn't like it nearly as much as Halo 1.

Ramirez

After a great night the patch hit, last night sucked ass. Took much longer to find matches, the lag was just as bad as ever, and I even got a nice 5v1 in the H2A playlist, that was when I turned the Xbox off.

I seriously cannot express how deflating this whole experience has been, and it's pretty much killed my will to want to play anything. The MCC was supposed to reignite my love for gaming, and instead, it's practically killed it.

-Ryn

Banned
Mantis 2.

It can boost, jump, and is equipped with a lock on explosive shotgun.
I've actually always wanted to see the Prototype suit or something like it become a thing. If it replaced the Mantis I would be happy with that. Balancing it would be a bit tough though.

Wonder how much I can get for my XB1.

Franklinator's moved on. I should too.
The first NeoGaf post I ever saw was by that dude. Where is he anyway?

Please don't leave :(

I've actually always wanted to see the Prototype suit or something like it become a thing. If it replaced the Mantis I would be happy with that. Balancing it would be a bit tough though.

The first NeoGaf post I ever saw was by that dude. Where is he anyway?

Please don't leave :(

The Prototype suit in game would be the bee's knees.

I'm really disappointed in the MCC. I just turned on my Xbox took forever to get into a BTB and when it finally did the only voting options were team slayer.

Maybe I'm just fooling myself with the path this series is on.

But then I play a game of 1 flag on Sanctuary and I'm like...

t3evzz4gbm7gql9u3x2t.gif

I'm really disappointed in the MCC. I just turned on my Xbox took forever to get into a BTB and when it finally did the only voting options were team slayer.

Maybe I'm just fooling myself with the path this series is on.

But then I play a game of 1 flag on Sanctuary and I'm like...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--tGYFoB5u--/t3evzz4gbm7gql9u3x2t.gif[img][/QUOTE]
I'm hoping we have reached a turning point with updates and that any future ones significantly improve the remaining problems. At that point, I think we'll get some legit changes to the playlists and stuff like that.

-Ryn

Banned
The Prototype suit in game would be the bee's knees.
conan-up-high.gif

Just gotta balance its abilities

Super thruster pack
Grenade Launcher
Jump Jets
Chain Gun
Power Punch
Bubble Shield (sort of)
Nuke (might want to leave that out)

Am I missing anything?

So, remember the HaloGAF Civil War radio drama thing on Soundcloud? Wouldn't it be way better set to Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes?
My sides

Nice job dude. That was a good laugh.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The whole discussion on the BR and bullet refunding and random spread is why so many pros were hating on Halo 3 during MLG days. The game wasn't consistent and people can tell pretty easily.

LAN or online, Halo 3 was bad compared to Halo 1 and 2.

Not gonna lie, seems like each release of Halo got progressively worse. I like Halo 2 as much as Halo 1, but if it weren't for button combos and trick jumps I wouldn't like it nearly as much as Halo 1.

For some reason, Bungie felt a need to design the BR to be random so that its role was purely to ping people out of scope from a distance. This is why AR starts are so easy for casuals to pick up and play, the BR can't do its real job at mid to long, it allows for careless players to roam at free will on the map without much fear of death.

I'm very curious to know if the H2A bullet refunding is happening purely because it's peer to peer or does it also happen on dedicated servers?

Do we have confirmation if the dedicated servers are actually in operation?

Ramirez

Good bye Fracas

MP working fine over here and finished another campaign mission. Damn good here.

Define fine...it's sad that you still have to worry about a match of 5v5 on small maps a month after release.

BTB wouldn't work at all last night, and like I said, parties still took forever to find even on match. This game isn't fine, unless your standards are in the dumpster.

-Ryn

Banned
Do we have confirmation if the dedicated servers are actually in operation?
From what I've seen they are sometimes on but it's up in the air how long it'll be before they are on universally. Frankie confirmed they will eventually be working though.

It's seriously still mindblowing how badly Microsoft needed a win this Christmas.

So much so they exploited us Halo nerds into picking up their console.

They did that by sending their biggest brand to die. Halo is still in cryosleep, somewhere.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
From what I've seen they are sometimes on but it's up in the air how long it'll be before they are on universally. Frankie confirmed they will eventually be working though.

So we literally can't tell when we're in a dedicated server versus a peer 2 peer connection.

-Ryn

Banned
So we literally can't tell when we're in a dedicated server versus a peer 2 peer connection.
Not really sure.
Some people have said it shows a "connecting to server" message when your on dedis or something like that. It'd be nice if they implemented some kind of notification that you're not connected to the dedis though.

It's seriously still mindblowing how badly Microsoft needed a win this Christmas.

So much so they exploited us Halo nerds into picking up their console.

They did that by sending their biggest brand to die. Halo is still in cryosleep, somewhere.
I know i'm in the minority, but I don't feel exploited and I certainly don't think the brand is about to die. Call me crazy, but I'm predicting good TMCC numbers in early 2015.

Akai__

The ending is pretty much set up already.

Locke and Macer survive, evil guys get their comeuppance, Randall realizes that since he's a Spartan he's got the Halo Legends clause in his contract, and must die.

I won't be surprised if this is true.

Impala26

I am a friend of Robbert's, I read this thread from time to time.

image.php

Don't care WHO you are, but you win the GAF avatar contest in my book!

I know i'm in the minority, but I don't feel exploited and I certainly don't think the brand is about to die. Call me crazy, but I'm predicting good TMCC numbers in early 2015.

I'm surprised that TMCC twitch streams are still pulling in some good viewers despite how "everyone's given up on Halo".

Mdot

Any progress today after the update has spread a bit? I had moderate success last night but still ran into a game where it felt like I was being standbyed (is this still possible??)

Any progress today after the update has spread a bit? I had moderate success last night but still ran into a game where it felt like I was being standbyed (is this still possible??)

If it's peer to peer hosting I wouldn't doubt it. I have experienced similar things.

Either way, the netcode is just horrible.

I think H4 is going to surprise people, either through population numbers being higher than we expect or people liking its gameplay. More and more I see people opening up to Halo 4 without all the fluff and issues it launched with.
haha it's no biggie. I probably still have the clip saved. if i really wanted I could go back and edit it down.

Sorry Funknown. I got your invite right before shutting down the xbox. I've got to be at work in less than an hour and it takes me 20 minutes to get there. But i'm not even close to being ready for work lol.
No problem :b

Dub117

Non Halo related, but I just got spoiled big time for tonights SOA. I've been watching since the first season episode 1, and some douche nozzle just spoiled it! Also warning, the book came out a day early and contained full spoilers and some people think that means they have to put it all over twitter and facebook.

Non Halo related, but I just got spoiled big time for tonights SOA. I've been watching since the first season episode 1, and some douche nozzle just spoiled it! Also warning, the book came out a day early and contained full spoilers and some people think that means they have to put it all over twitter and facebook.

Spoiler warning: in tonight's thrilling episode, he either defeats a bad guy or adds another waifu to his cyber-harem

Im on The Storm in the The Master Chief Saga playlist and I forgot how good the back to back levels of Tsavo Highway and The Storm were. So good. For as much flak as I give various aspects of H3, most of the levels are actually a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom