• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the same areas you've been to a bunch of other times, except this one tiny new area, and shoot stuff for reasons.

That makes the fact that Playstation has exclusive content when there's so little content look even worse. You pay the same price, but you're missing 25% of the content! You're also paying 1/3 of the original price, but you won't be getting 1/3 of the original game's content, which wasn't much to begin with, if you don't like the unbalanced multiplayer, then it's even worse. This is the worst DLC in terms of value that I've seen in a while.

To be fair, neither does anyone here.

MCC pushed me back into CSGO.

It works, it's cheap, it's competetive (probably even more), and it uses mouse and keyboard.

Win.

Halo is still king

Sigh. I own the dumb kid edition, and I wish I was surprised. I was hoping they'd take the opportunity to up their game on the story, but I suppose that realistically, the DLCs were probably 90% done before launch. Ugh.

Yep. There are already plenty of YouTube videos of people getting into the "new DLC" areas all finished up and pretty looking before the DLC was released. All they do is place enemies there and tell you to go there.

Bungie has been made into a COD chump company.

Nowise10

Finished Nightfall. I liked Forward Unto Dawn more. The only thing interesting in the final episodes was the girls cleavage in every other shot.

Welp, those new "story" missions in destiny from dumb kid edition

:|

Don't spend $20 on it

The new story missions were 3x better then the original campaign missions. Felt unique rather then the same old crap in the old missions.

I think its dissapointing that their was only 3 missions. Expected five.

Computer

Finished Nightfall. I liked Forward Unto Dawn more. The only thing interesting in the final episodes was the girls cleavage in every other shot.

Was literally about to post the same thing. Forward Until Dawn is miles better then Nightfall in every way. Better music, better acting, better cgi, and better story. I watched the FUD about 5 times. Will not watch Nightfall again. I could not even force myself to watch the second stories.

Seriously, SMG/AR starts in 2014 is nothing but bullshit.. What's the reason for it?
Halo 2 has always had SMG starts except in special/MLG playlists, and I think it was the same for Halo 3 with ARs.

It's so bizarre seeing people on here wanting BR starts 24/7. That shit is boring as fuck. No wonder Halo is dying.

RoKKeR

Friend and I trying to crank through mission 8 in Halo CE for probably the 5th time now after weeks without trying due to technical issues.

Game froze and crash within 3 minutes.

Good show 343.

Halo 2 has always had SMG starts except in special/MLG playlists, and I think it was the same for Halo 3 with ARs.

It's so bizarre seeing people on here wanting BR starts 24/7. That shit is boring as fuck. No wonder Halo is dying.
When a good player picks up a Sniper or BR, what are your choices against a team that has positions on lock? You spawn and die, over and over again with no chance at any weapons or defending yourself.

I hate the BR, it's a boring weapon so I agree with you there. Unfortunately though, spawning without one in Halo 2 and 3 is terrible game design dude, how don't you see that? This isn't just some small pocket of fans complaining on a forum, this is something that's been discussed to literal death for the past 10 years.

The problem isn't them allowing you to spawn with a BR, the problem is the game not giving you weapons to drop your BR for, something that's impossible* to change at this point. Sure, it may be upsetting that you'd never have a reason to use an SMG or PR or Magnum if you spawn with a BR in Halo 2, but the game is horrid when one decent player understands the dominance of having a BR/power weapon in a game with SMG starts.

Thanks, was Nightfall or the Spielberg thing the big budget one?

Nightfall had a bigger budget than FUD, but the Spielberg tv series will probably have slightly more
but not much

Honestly, if the tv series will be like Nightfall, where nothing has any impact on the main canon, why bother? All the EU stuff has been just filler between games. I want something more tied to the games. I want shit to matter. =/

Woorloog

Banned
I actually don't like the CE Magnum's automatic function. Makes it too easy / coddly to time shots and encourages spamming.

Doesn't the autofire cause bloom in the weapon? Pretty sure firing single shots is a better idea unless one is in close combat.

Honestly, if the tv series will be like Nightfall, where nothing has any impact on the main canon, why bother? All the EU stuff has been just filler between games. I want something more tied to the games. I want shit to matter. =/

Halo 4 and the Forerunner Saga, lol.

Nightfall had a bigger budget than FUD, but the Spielberg tv series will probably have slightly more
but not much

Thanks. I'd like to see some real Spartan action. Just bring Nylund type stuff to the forefront. You know Spartans doing Spartan shit. I'd happily pay to watch a Blur based series of the Fall of Reach or First Strike book in place of live action if that's what it takes. I've said it many times but blue team type stuff over the up close humanizing route taken that seems so Hollywood these days.

Computer

The Spielberg TV show should start from the beginning. Fall of Reach. It would need to for people that have no clue what Halo is. Get filled in on the story. Plus it would be awesome.

Madness

Was literally about to post the same thing. Forward Until Dawn is miles better then Nightfall in every way. Better music, better acting, better cgi, and better story. I watched the FUD about 5 times. Will not watch Nightfall again. I could not even force myself to watch the second stories.

I wouldn't say miles better. I think they're just vastly different stories. One follows young recruits at a military academy over a longer period of time in the early days of the war against the Covenant. This follows a group of adult ONI/Sedrans within a few hours (after first episode) on a bleak piece of the Halo ring.

I've said it before, but Nightfall would have worked better as just one long movie instead of being broken up like this. This just went by so quick, too many characters, hard to care about anyone really, somewhat predictable. Plus, it didn't even feel like something that was Halo, aside from a few nice shots of the broken ring rising off in the distance, and one elite zealot at start. At least in FuD you got elites, jackals, hunters, warthog, Chief, capture the flag etc.

Forward Unto Dawn just came at a nice time while the hype for Halo 4 was high.

The Spielberg TV show should start from the beginning. Fall of Reach. It would need to for people that have no clue what Halo is. Get filled in on the story. Plus it would be awesome.
Man an epic live action movie/show of Ghosts of Onyx would be awesome.
Seeing Kurt Ambrose from the OG S-IIs and then training the new blood S-IIIs.
I. would. die.

Computer

I wouldn't say miles better. I think they're just vastly different stories. One follows young recruits at a military academy over a longer period of time in the early days of the war against the Covenant. This follows a group of adult ONI/Sedrans within a few hours (after first episode) on a bleak piece of the Halo ring.

I've said it before, but Nightfall would have worked better as just one long movie instead of being broken up like this. This just went by so quick, too many characters, hard to care about anyone really, somewhat predictable. Plus, it didn't even feel like something that was Halo, aside from a few nice shots of the broken ring rising off in the distance, and one elite zealot at start. At least in FuD you got elites, jackals, hunters, warthog, Chief, capture the flag etc.

Forward Unto Dawn just came at a nice time while the hype for Halo 4 was high.

I agree about the predictability. It was a very drawn out story of just walking and talking mostly. The FUD started out slow but drops you straight into an all out war. No one knows what the hell is going on. There are aliens and super soldiers every where. I loved seeing Master Chief from that perspective. When they saw him it was like seeing a UFO landing. This thing cant be real.

Been wanting an adaption of Fall of Reach for years. Think it might be better suited for a movie (or movie-length episode); breaking up the Chief's early years seems like it'd be narratively awkward.

Computer

I thought they said it'd be out around the time of Halo 5, but since we haven't seen or hear a thing since, who knows.

Probably was just to hype up the e3 show. They hoped we would have forgotten about it by now.

Would have been cool if Nightfall tied into the story for Halo 5. Just a little teaser would have made it worth the watch.

CliQ

Just wanted to post on here that The MCC Throwdown is still on this weekend i've just been busy at work and also reimaged my PC and haven't uploaded this week's image yet. I'll get to it tomorrow!

Madness

Just got all my Done...Unlocking achievements pop. Maybe they're fixing them? They were pretty random Halo 3 coop playlists ones. Also a reminder to get a match of Halo 2 Classic in today for the 9th of the month, Back At It achievement. It didn't pop playing H2A like the description said, but it popped during a match of Ivory Tower Team BR's.

But Bungie made Halo Reach, the best game in the entire series!

-says scrubs on gaming side

I loved the shit out of Reach. But it was far from perfect and had some bad ideas in it. So anyone who expected Destiny to not be flawed (but fun to me) in some ways has too much confidence in bungie.

They don't make perfect games and after replaying the old games on the MCC thats more clear to me then ever. Every Halo has had its fair share of problems.

Nowise10

Just got all my Done...Unlocking achievements pop. Maybe they're fixing them? They were pretty random Halo 3 coop playlists ones. Also a reminder to get a match of Halo 2 Classic in today for the 9th of the month, Back At It achievement. It didn't pop playing H2A like the description said, but it popped during a match of Ivory Tower Team BR's.

Alot of my achievements are unlocking now as well. Not all of them, sadly.

I actually don't like the CE Magnum's automatic function. Makes it too easy / coddly to time shots and encourages spamming.

Holding the trigger down in MP drastically reduces consistent shot placement due to increased bullet spread when doing that. There is literally no advantage to holding down the trigger in MP. Only negatives.

-Ryn

Banned
If only there wasn't a ceiling. Would've loved to see you go into orbit.

Reminds me of the glitch with one of the Scarabs on "The Covenant". If you kill it while it's still in its "roar" animation you get launched out of the map so fast it literally broke my game. Which is actually how I discovered it.

lol I need to try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom