• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what the hell is going on over there.

CBUTT said Xbawks won by 7-10K units. GAF goes nuts. Amir0x declares it a Pyrrhic victory. Lots of MS is doomed.

Come to find out, Buttman lied. Out of his teeth. XB1 bested PS4 by some 300K units or so. Queue Bish soaking the banhammer in Cboot's blood.

It's been a good night.

Madness

What's really shocking is the MCC numbers. There is no way this shouldn't have been top 5, top 3, especially with 1.2 million Xbox One sales in November. Instead it barely charts at #10, probably won't even chart next month.

Doesn't matter what 343 says, that's a failure in MS eyes. Even if the game is already profitable, it's probably a fraction of what they expected.

I guess we can all stop complaining about why there is ADS and Sprint and killcams in Halo seeing as how CoD outsold everything else with the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions outselling PS4.

Random17

Call of Duty's numbers however also represent a 1.5 million decline on Ghosts, and with Destiny's rough start, Activision has it rough.

Accordingly, I see this as an indication that 343i will continue the current strategy, as opposed to aggressively push even more towards COD.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yes. Though it speeds up as soon as they load.

This along with NPAPI's being removed is putting a really bad taste in my mouth in regards to Chrome......but at this point I'm afraid to switch.

CBUTT said Xbawks won by 7-10K units. GAF goes nuts. Amir0x declares it a Pyrrhic victory. Lots of MS is doomed.

Come to find out, Buttman lied. Out of his teeth. XB1 bested PS4 by some 300K units or so. Queue Bish soaking the banhammer in Cboot's blood.

It's been a good night.

NeoGAF needs a reality show.
Neil Druckmann can host.

Madness

Halo MCC basically did between 600k-700k in November in the US. No wonder this games multiplayer is basically fucked.

Most of it coming within the first week too. By black Friday, it was like 27th in UK, behind even Destiny and other old games. Forward momentum basically dead for the game. Maybe they can pack it in as a new digital bundle SKU for January to keep the playerbase high.

I wish they'd patch in population counters.

Random17

BF4 and Driveclub enjoyed some later sales success IIRC, so it's not all doom and gloom for MCC.

However, don't expect anything more than 2 million units overall, which would put it less than CEA IIRC.

Fuchsdh

On a side note, the last issue of Escalation was actually pretty good. Art still is below what I'd say is acceptable for what Microsoft should be able to pull (Palmer looks nothing like Palmer!) but it's drastically better from where it was with the early issues, and the scripting is better too.

Looks like the next issues are going to be what woulda' been Spartan Ops season two...

Tawpgun

Ascension still has a Banshee in Swat.

GG!

Is this stuff really rushed out that much? I know we want fixes and we want them now... but its such an EASY thing to catch and what I think SHOULD be an easy thing to fix.

idk.

They should hire someone knowledgable in Halo, to manage maps/gametypes/settings/and playlists.

Either get Tashi to do it or simply #HireJuices

Side note: Halo 2 Anny soundtrack is SO GOOD. Best Halo Soundtrack out to date. I loved Halo 2's the best and this is like the Halo 2 soundtrack but better

Haruko

4v4, vote goes to Team BRs on Gemini. 3 teammates quit as countdown concludes.

I tried to suffer through it but I bailed out 5 minutes in. 1v4 with constant spawns in the side hallways blows. :(

-Ryn

Banned
Amazing

Big enough to release a non-broken game?
It's not the size of the ship that matters.
It's the motion of the oc- hmm... Not sure this actually works here.

Gonna get laughed at for this, but for many, many years, probably leading up to the Star Wars Episode 1 release, I thought the light sabres were actual beams of light...did not know they were metal bars they used for the fight scenes and then went back over it with the light in post-film editing.

#gullible
Wait they AREN'T?

I tried to suffer through it but I bailed out 5 minutes in. 1v4 with constant spawns in the side hallways blows. :(

You obviously watch bleach so I have a question... My wife and I loved it until the bount saga. It was, in our opinion, written poorly and paced badly with the previously smart characters being utterly stupid.

Does it get better after that saga or would I not like it? What's your take?

They really need to get quitting punishments in. Should probably be first priority after matchmaking fixes and playlist settings.

EDIT: So... third priority. Hmm. Not as rhetorically punchy.

You obviously watch bleach so I have a question... My wife and I loved it until the bount saga. It was, in our opinion, written poorly and paced badly with the previously smart characters being utterly stupid.

I don't watch Bleach, but I heard from several friends how that show never recovered. They were big fans too.

IHaveIce

Banned

It gets worser for every arc after assault on soul society

What was the arc with those dudes who
got Ichigo's powers back after he lost them beating Aizen
? That's the last I read.

Pretty sure that's the middle bit during the soul society raid. That arc dragged on but was decent.

After that arc I was struggling to get through an episode.

-Ryn

Banned
Pretty sure that's the middle bit during the soul society raid. That arc dragged on but was decent.

After that arc I was struggling to get through an episode.
Ah. Yeah I never watched the anime actually. Always read the manga. Hell I used to spend my lunches just reading through the series whenever a new chapter came out (catching up was the hard part). I've considered rereading the series again but... Not sure if it's worth it.

Ah. Yeah I never watched the anime actually. Always read the manga. Hell I used to spend my lunches just reading through the series whenever a new chapter came out (catching up was the hard part). I've considered rereading the series again but... Not sure if it's worth it.

Yeah. I don't have the motivation to go back... Especially now.

I want to watch attack on Titan, death note and Hunter x Hunter. Heard great things about all of them.

Halo?

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah. I don't have the motivation to go back... Especially now.

I want to watch attack on Titan, death note and Hunter x Hunter. Heard great things about all of them.
Attack on Titan and Death Note are damn good.
I haven't seen HxH yet but I've also heard its great. Have you seen Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop?

Halo?
halo-legends-anime.jpg

Attack on Titan and Death Note are damn good.
I haven't seen HxH yet but I've also heard its great. Have you seen Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop?

halo-legends-anime.jpg

Gurren Lagann is the GOAT.

Halo Legends was... not. Some good stuff there, but a lot of it took on my least favorite Anime space-opera tropes.

Haruko

I watched the anime for a while, but that arc was filler that was not in the source manga. The anime actually stopped a year or two back, presumably to let the manga finish out to prevent needing more filler.

I enjoy the manga but there are many that consider the Soul Society arc to still be the best. The arrancar arc after the bounto filler is pretty good at least. After that, YMMV.

There are other series I enjoyed more, that are far shorter. Samurai Champloo, Kill la Kill, Eden of the East, etc. Attack on Titan was decent but the manga has much better pacing.

-Ryn

Banned
Gurren Lagann is the GOAT.

Halo Legends was... not. Some good stuff there, but a lot of it took on my least favorite Anime space-opera tropes.
Gurren Lagann is in my top five all time super star tag team anime.

My favorite episodes of Halo Legends were Prototype, that two part thing where Cortana talked and stuff because I love the Forerunners design in that, and Odd One Out (which is canon dammit!). The rest was okay but Prototype and Odd One Out were top notch. I wouldn't mind seeing another Halo anime preferably animated by either Studio Trigger or Khara. I'd certainly prefer it to the live action stuff we've been getting.

There are other series I enjoyed more, that are far shorter. Samurai Champloo, Kill la Kill, Eden of the East, etc. Attack on Titan was decent but the manga has much better pacing.
Currently watching Kill la Kill and loving it.

tumblr_nc9lxs809z1rum2olo8_500.gif

Also part of my top five

zlatko

Banned
Is Halo 5 beta still a go for Dec 29th and going to run 3 weeks?

I hope 343 can make the beta run smooth...going to be hard to trust a purchase or pre order before a week+ in the wild with Halo 5 now after MCC issues.

I watched the anime for a while, but that arc was filler that was not in the source manga. The anime actually stopped a year or two back, presumably to let the manga finish out to prevent needing more filler.

I enjoy the manga but there are many that consider the Soul Society arc to still be the best. The arrancar arc after the bounto filler is pretty good at least. After that, YMMV.

Thanks man I appreciate your input. Sorry to get the thread off topic! lol

-Ryn

Banned
This looks like so much fun... I NEED A ONE.

How likely is it that this little snafu is cutting into Halo 5 dev schedule?
Very unlikely

Haven't seen any of those! Thanks bud for the suggestions! Time to get busy lol
tumblr_inline_n8f9sag3Xv1rbpimx.gif

Glad to be of service!

Real quick
IMPORTANT
tips:
Evangelion is currently being remade into a 4 part movie series (it is fucking amazing). However I recommend watching the original series first followed by End of Evengelion (a sort of epilogue movie). Just so you know, this was one of the most emotionally taxing series I have ever seen. Watched the whole thing in one go. You may end up not liking it, but I urge you to try and get through it to the end. It's one of those series that need to be watched even if you end up not liking it.

Also the Japanese dub is much better. English one is okay. GOD LUCK!

Is Halo 5 beta still a go for Dec 29th and going to run 3 weeks?

I hope 343 can make the beta run smooth...going to be hard to trust a purchase or pre order before a week+ in the wild with Halo 5 now after MCC issues.
Halo 5 beta schedule hadn't changed so far.

Current consensus is that the beta will run better than the MCC.

Gurren Lagann is in my top five all time super star tag team anime.

My favorite episodes of Halo Legends were Prototype, that two part thing where Cortana talked and stuff because I love the Forerunners design in that, and Odd One Out (which is canon dammit!). The rest was okay but Prototype and Odd One Out were top notch. I wouldn't mind seeing another Halo anime preferably animated by either Studio Trigger or Khara. I'd certainly prefer it to the live action stuff we've been getting.

Prototype was... eh. Still a little Mildly Military for my tastes, though it wasn't nearly as bad as the one with the Spartan sniper. Odd One Out was great. I also really liked the one detailing the Arbiter's personal history, mostly because of the gorgeous visuals.

Any news on sales figures for MCC?

I think I heard something around 600-800 thousand, which isn't good for a Halo game but is fairly impressive for a game that launched more or less entirely broken.

Deception

Prototype was... eh. Still a little Mildly Military for my tastes, though it wasn't nearly as bad as the one with the Spartan sniper. Odd One Out was great. I also really liked the one detailing the Arbiter's personal history, mostly because of the gorgeous visuals.

I think I heard something around 600-800 thousand, which isn't good for a Halo game but is fairly impressive for a game that launched more or less entirely broken.

That's pretty bad. I would expect anything less than 1 million is a disappointment for 343.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Players found...
Joining session...
Failed to connect...

For about 20 minutes now.

I don't get how things can be okay for a day or two and then completely break

Players found...
Joining session...
Failed to connect...

For about 20 minutes now.

I don't get how things can be okay for a day or two and then completely break

When this happens, try switching your Xbox One power settings from Instant On to Energy Saving and then turn off and back on your Xbox One. This tends to help this problem

Madness

How likely is it that this little snafu is cutting into Halo 5 dev schedule?

Probably not much, if at all. Most of 343 didn't even work on MCC. And at this point, it's probably just the networking, matchmaking, sustain teams working on fixing the problems working with people on the xbox live side, maybe contacting certain affinity, ruffian or United front games for any issues. The rest are probably working to make sure the beta launches and to get the game ready for launch in 2015.

-Ryn

Banned
Really? I thought it was fairly well done in its military aspect. Then again maybe I'm just not familiar enough with it to really notice.
The Arbiter one was really interesting (though I felt some of the Japanese culture in there got a tad on the cheesy side a couple times). The Hunters were HUGE. The animation seemed fairly hit or miss. I thought it was pretty cool. Though I wouldn't want an entire series like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom