• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative in Halo Nightfall is just...weird, the characters really jump off conclusions pretty fast to lead the viewers what is happening on screen like if the viewers dont know a damm about the Halo universe.

RowdyReverb

Just played SWAT CTF on Pitfall in H4...

That's some surprisingly intense shit with close matched teams!

SWAT gets my heart pounding. I know that it's a silly game type because TTK is essentially instantaneous, but it's completely reliant on your map awareness because you have no radar and if you are in a positional disadvantage, it's over. Forces you to always look over your shoulder, check your corners, and avoid getting flanked.

SWAT gets my heart pounding. I know that it's a silly game type because TTK is essentially instantaneous, but it's completely reliant on your map awareness because you have no radar and if you are in a positional disadvantage, it's over. Forces you to always look over your shoulder, check your corners, and avoid getting flanked.

Unless you are playing Halo 3, where the BR is projectile, a hitscan weapon that kills in one shot isn't just essentially instakill, it is instakill.

Jrm6609

Neo Member
Hey guys first time post here ,have lurked for some time .But to put an answer to the question about Halo5 beta being delayed I think they might have to as I would think that it's MM is entirely based on using Dedis and if they can't get them online now and stable , H5s matchmaking will be in a world of hurt. As it is now they look to be struggling with them to get them implemented .As they seem to go backwards 2 steps for every step forward. But that is just my observation.

Hey guys first time post here ,have lurked for some time .But to put an answer to the question about Halo5 beta being delayed I think they might have to as I would think that it's MM is entirely based on using Dedis and if they can't get them online now and stable , H5s matchmaking will be in a world of hurt. As it is now they look to be struggling with them to get them implemented .As they seem to go backwards 2 steps for every step forward. But that is just my observation.

I'm sure Guardians will run just fine, on dedis and everything. Why? Because 343 actually gives a shit about that game working. It's "their" game. Guardians won't be Halo but it will be functional.

Impala26

Swat CTF?

That sounds awesome.

It was! :-D

I was actually getting into SEVERAL OBJECTIVE SWAT matches last night including Midship Oddball, Colossus KotH, and Skyline CTF. Let me just say, you never feel as bad of cannon fodder as you do playing SWAT Objective. I was rag-dollin' all over the place, but DAMN if it wasn't fun as hell.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Last night was a bad night for me in MCC. I think it was a result of the server-side upgrades they did. I was waiting in lobbies for quite a while, much longer than the usual 30 seconds it was taking last weekend.

Couple of things I noticed:

1. It would find 7/8 players and then just sit there hanging like it was trying to find that one last person but it would just sit there and cycle through the text "joining game", "players found", etc. I would back out completely and start the search all over, but it kept doing this.

2. Other times it would find 8/8 players, then it made the teams 5v3 once the game started, I quit out, I'm not playing that crap.

3. I quit out of the game entirely from the home screen and tried to see if that would resolve the issues of hanging in the lobby, but it kept repeating what I said in number one above.

All in all, I was bummed, two hours went by and I only got to play a few games of MCC. I resulted in playing Madden and NHL.

:(

I hope it works better tonight and this weekend. Really bummed.

Mdot

I played SWAT KOTH on Abandon last night and we won 200 - 199 on the very last zone. We were down 199 to 178 or something and came back to not allow them one point in the last area. Pretty intense and I went in thinking it would be lame.

More importantly, the game ran perfectly.

Mdot

It's so weird that the issues vary from player to player as much as they do each night. Not sure the reasoning for this but I had a perfect experience and then Vapor and daedalius above had a terrible one. So strange.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It's so weird that the issues vary from player to player as much as they do each night. Not sure the reasoning for this but I had a perfect experience and then Vapor and daedalius above had a terrible one. So strange.

Well you were in the SWAT playlist, I didn't touch that one.

I was trying H2A ranked and Team Slayer. I didn't go into any other playlists. :(

What frustrates me the most is the time I'm wasting to play maybe two or three matches.

My time is very valuable to me, so when the game doesn't work, it's very difficult to sit there and think...well maybe if I do XYZ, it will work, or maybe I'll give it another 10 mins or maybe I go play something else for a bit and come back to it...only it still doesn't work.

I think from now on, if the game can't find me a match within one minute, I'm moving on to another game that works because I can't keep wasting hours on the hopes of MCC finding me a few matches.

;(

DJ Gunner

Last night was a bad night for me in MCC. I think it was a result of the server-side upgrades they did. I was waiting in lobbies for quite a while, much longer than the usual 30 seconds it was taking last weekend.

Couple of things I noticed:

1. It would find 7/8 players and then just sit there hanging like it was trying to find that one last person but it would just sit there and cycle through the text "joining game", "players found", etc. I would back out completely and start the search all over, but it kept doing this.

2. Other times it would find 8/8 players, then it made the teams 5v3 once the game started, I quit out, I'm not playing that crap.

3. I quit out of the game entirely from the home screen and tried to see if that would resolve the issues of hanging in the lobby, but it kept repeating what I said in number one above.

All in all, I was bummed, two hours went by and I only got to play a few games of MCC. I resulted in playing Madden and NHL.

:(

I hope it works better tonight and this weekend. Really bummed.

This. Whatever they did, it broke the team balancing stuff they worked on earlier. Had a match with six players in (we were a party of three) and it started 2v4. Also swapped party members in a 4v4 match.

At this point I'm seriously beginning to question whether the folks actually working on these "fixes" have any fucking idea what they are doing. This stuff was invented by Hoberman et al over ten years ago and has worked near flawless with every subsequent release (with regards to parties and team balancing). It is simply beyond comprehension how this could even happen at launch- let alone STILL be happening one month after release.

/rant

m23

Wouldn't halo 5 networking stuff be separate from MCC? Why would MCC instability cause issues for 5?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I only played that one SWAT game though. The rest were in H2A ranked and TS as well.

Oh...well poop.

Guess you were in the category of "we are noticing the game is working better for some people..."

I was in the "but others are still having issues..."

"Thank you for your patience as we continue to update MCC..."

I have no more patience. I've depleted it.

-Ryn

Banned
From what I can see it's not the dedicated servers that are the problem so much as it is getting them to work with the ports. I could just be talking out of my ass but I don't see them having trouble with Halo 5 on dedis.

Welcome to HaloGAF dude

I'm sure Guardians will run just fine, on dedis and everything. Why? Because 343 actually gives a shit about that game working. It's "their" game. Guardians won't be Halo but it will be functional.
Alternative proposal: It'll probably work better because it was designed by 343 (as far as we know) with the One in mind as opposed to being from multiple different console generations with ports of each game handled by a different studio and crammed into a single package.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Pretty much sums up the whole experience so far.

Official Christmas song for MCC:

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you, yeah.

I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day

I just want you for my own
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
And I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe

I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click

'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do?
Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Oh, all the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air

And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need?
Won't you please bring my baby to me?

Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door

Oh, I just want you for my own
Make my wish come true
Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

All I want for Christmas is you, baby

Alternative proposal: It'll probably work better because it was designed by 343 (as far as we know) with the One in mind as opposed to being from multiple different console generations with ports of each game handled by a different studio and crammed into a single package.

If 343 really cared about MCC, they wouldn't have outsourced the entire game while they worked on the project they really care about.

-Ryn

Banned
If 343 really cared about MCC, they wouldn't have outsourced the entire game while they worked on the project they really care about.
*sigh*

They have a deadline they need to meet for each of their games. They can't dedicate their entire studio to a remake when they have to worry about creating an entirely new game. The MCC is a massive undertaking. Probably the most ambitious remake I've seen.

Now I don't know whether 343 knew about the issues or not. Even if they did though, it wouldn't have changed anything because there's no way they could've gotten the release date changed. Not with a major title like this (though you'd think it would be the opposite).

So to conclude that they don't care is misguided at best. If they didn't care they wouldn't of even bothered to release it. They could've just as easily gone with a basic remake of Halo 2 and been done with it.

Official Christmas song for MCC:
Beautiful

*sigh*

They have a deadline they need to meet for each of their games. They can't dedicate their entire studio to a remake when they have to worry about creating an entirely new game. The MCC is a massive undertaking. Probably the most ambitious remake I've seen.

Now I don't know whether 343 knew about the issues or not. Even if they did though, it wouldn't have changed anything because there's no way they could've gotten the release date changed. Not with a major title like this (though you'd think it would be the opposite).

So to conclude that they don't care is misguided at best. If they didn't care they wouldn't of even bothered to release it. They could've just as easily gone with a basic remake of Halo 2 and been done with it.

A studio with hundreds of employees, founded for the sole purpose of creating Halo games, didn't have time to make a Halo game? Cool. Why does Halo 5 HAVE to come out when it does?

A studio with hundreds of employees, founded for the sole purpose of creating Halo games, didn't have time to make a Halo game? Cool. Why does Halo 5 HAVE to come out when it does?
Their main project is Halo 5. We don't know any of the details regarding how and when the idea to do the Master Chief Collection even came about. Was it 343's idea or Microsoft's? When did they start on it? Imagine being a studio like 343, working on your first major next gen Halo and then having the master chief collection plopped on your lap, which needs to be finished at the end of the year. Doesn't matter how big of a studio you have, that would be a major undertaking for anyone. Of course, I tend to think it was something that they started on at the last minute and had to finish the game in a crunch. Does that excuse the game for being a broken mess? No. But the ongoing soapbox slandering toward 343 isn't helping either. I can hand out "biggest complainers of the year" awards though if people would like. :3

-Ryn

Banned
Some know it as Microsoft.

What do you think those hundreds of employees are doing right now?

"Here random studios, make this Classic Halo bullshit so we can focus on developing CoDsis." -343
Ah...

You do realize that Halo 5 looks more Halo than Reach or 4, and could potentially be an even better sequel than 3?

klodeckel

Banned
"Here random studios"

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

If you don't find it personally fucking insulting that MCC remains broken while the VAST MAJORITY of 343 works on Guardians then I don't know what to say besides you are a shitty consumer.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
If you don't find it personally fucking insulting that MCC remains broken while the VAST MAJORITY of 343 works on Guardians then I don't know what to say besides you are a shitty consumer.

At the end of the day, what in the hell are we going to do about it? Nothing.

Best we can do is wait for them to fix MCC; ask for a refund from MSFT; trade the game in and get the best value while you still can; vote with our wallets and do not pre-order or buy Halo 5.

jem0208

Please show us where you're finding all this information about 343's development. How exactly do you know that the vast majority of 343 are working on Halo 5?

For all we know they could have their entire network team working on the MCC.

Just stop spouting off crap like this and that Halo 5 is CoD...

-Ryn

Banned
I could give you a list of reasons.
Especially if ADS becomes something we can toggle.

Or maybe I have a realistic idea of what to expect.

I'd be insulted if they put fixing it on hold to work on another game. However I'm not so stupid as to think that it is anywhere within their ability to stop everything and focus on the MCC. They're fixing it and have outright confirmed they will not stop until it is working.

I think they are working on their new game while a handful of employees focus on finishing the game I already paid for.
They have a team dedicated to fixing the game you paid for. They can't afford to stop everything to work on it though. It's called managing resources.

They are on a schedule that they need to adhere to. If Microsoft decides the game needs to be released by x date, 343 needs to get it released by that date. That's how publishers do. Some publishers are more lenient and may change it of the studio thinks it's not ready, but Halo isn't a game that gets that luxury. Especially considering that the publisher in this case owns the studio.

klodeckel

Banned
Please do. Thanks.

• Strong Competetive Focus
  • True Tier Ranking System
  • Automatic Weapons are viable
  • Viable pistol it seems
  • De-scope
  • Lower aim assist
  • Equal Starts
  • No ordinance
  • No AA's
  • No streaks
  • Changes adding to the core gameplay instead of fluff
  • Grenade indicators are out
  • Kool Armorz
  • Emphasis on Map traversal
  • Emphasis on map control
  • In game Spartan call outs (can be poaitive or negative for some)
Much more. Like all we know so far is about the Arena part. There will be a different BTB, too.

• Strong Competetive Focus
  • True Tier Ranking System
  • Automatic Weapons are viable again
  • De-scope
  • Lower aim assist
  • Equal Starts
  • No ordinance
  • No AA's
  • No streaks
  • Changes adding to the core gameplay instead of fluff
  • Grenade indicators are out
  • Kool Armorz
  • Emphasis on Map traversal
  • Emphasis on map control
  • In game Spartan call outs (can be poaitive or negative for some)
Much more.

Lol. The majority of that list is just the removal of a bunch of stupid shit that THEY added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom