• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

DataLaughing_gif.gif

I disagree. 4, ODST and CE are worse.

*hides

"They" added 4 things from that list with Halo 4. 4 out of 15 isn't the "majority". At least not from my understanding.

"Strong Competetive Focus

Changes adding to the core gameplay instead of fluff

Emphasis on Map traversal

Emphasis on map control"

...and the rest is just subjective bullshit.

How do Sprint and ADS "add to core gameplay"?

klodeckel

Banned

Emphasis on map control"

What do you want to tell me now? That Reach had a competetive focus or even map control? I think we are done here.

It isn't even a functional ads mechanic. But whatever.

jem0208

Emphasis on map control"

How is a tier based ranking system, viable automatics reduced aim assist "subjective bullshit"?

-Ryn

Banned
Please do. Thanks.
Features
  • Beta a year ahead of release
  • Equal Starts
  • Focus on Map Movement
  • Focus on Map Control
  • Spectator Mode
  • Skill Based Ranking System
  • Strong Competitive Focus
  • Detailed Scoreboards
  • Enhanced Forge

Gameplay
  • No AAs
  • No Random Ordinance
  • No Grenade Hit Indicators
  • No Equipment
  • Significantly Less a Auto Aim
  • Balanced Weapon Sandbox
  • Fast MinimumKill Times
  • Thruster Pack
  • Toggles for how abilities work
  • In Game Call Outs
  • Deeper Gameplay with SAs (e.g. you can combine clamber with other abilities)
  • Faster base movement (still a bit slow)

This is all just based off of what we know so far. We haven't even scratched the surface of the game yet and we already have a lot of stuff people have been wanting in Halo.

-Ryn

Banned
What exactly did you mean when you said this then?
Well firstly Sprint isn't a "change" given that it's been in since Reach.

I'd assume he was referring to Spartan Abilities which are core abilities that everyone has as opposed to a selection of abilities players may or may not have.

-Ryn

Banned
Sprint is a base player trait in every Halo 343 created and none of the Halos Bungie created.
NEVER FORGET

edit
Whoops didn't see the "base" part there.
Even then though, we are talking about additions in Halo 5 that add to core gameplay. So sprint wouldn't actually count here.

Madness

Well firstly Sprint isn't a "change" given that it's been in since Reach.

I'd assume he was referring to Spartan Abilities which are core abilities that everyone has as opposed to a selection of abilities players may or may not have.

Sprint in Reach is vastly different than its implementation in Halo 4 and Halo 5. In Reach, it was an armor ability, meaning if you wanted it, you went without something else. Ergo, if you wanted jetpack or armor lock, you couldn't sprint.

Contrast this with the universal sprint present in Halo 4 and soon Halo 5. Now instead of the odd man with sprint, everyone can sprint. In Halo 4, a certain perk even allowed you unlimited sprint, meaning no cool down either. Couple this with other options and you could now sprint all map long, quickly jetpack somewhere else, sprint away and then bring up your hard light shield etc.

In Reach, it didn't last as long as you'd think, plus, there were very loud audio cues at the beginning and or end/cancellation of sprint to tell you someone just sprinted nearby etc. It all sucks in each version though. But as this point, it's useless to complain, they've basically said they're not going to listen to feedback on it, so it's whatever. The line in the sand has been drawn.

Nowise10

That "no Armor Abilities!" is crap to me. "Spartan Abilities" are the same thing as Armor abilities. It's just now, you can use all of them, and aren't limited to just one.
Playing Halo 4 with an entire enemy team using thruster packs, jet packs, whatever ability, was frusturating. Why is that going to change in Halo 5?

jem0208

That "no Armor Abilities!" is crap to me. "Spartan Abilities" are the same thing as Armor abilities. It's just now, you can use all of them, and aren't limited to just one.
Playing Halo 4 with an entire enemy team using thruster packs, jet packs, whatever ability, was frusturating. Why is that going to change in Halo 5?

The difference is that they aren't tied to a specific load out. In 5 you know exactly what each enemy is capable of doing. In Reach and 4 you had no idea what your enemy's AA was until they used it. Turning it into a bit of a guessing game.

"Xbox, record that".

How long does it actually record? I've never tried it lol
30 seconds.

Madness

I haven't touched Halo theater since Halo 4 launch. I used to go crazy recording fun stuff in Halo 3 or Reach, but when file share never worked in H4 for so long and the fact waypoint was garbage and required sign ins, I never used it much. I've had a lot of cool moments in MCC already, but what's the point of making fun videos now. Who will I share with? Where? Does anyone even care?

Can't believe we still have 343 apologists, this game is a fucking disgrace.

"It's not 343's fault. MCC was outsourced."

"It's not 343's fault. Microsoft forced them to knowingly release a broken game."

"Changes in Halo 5 add to core gameplay."

"ADS is just visual!"

"343 added ranks and descope. Can't you just be happy?"

"It's not 343's fault. Microsoft forced them to knowingly release a broken game."

"ADS is just visual!"

"the game is improving, there are listening to complaints."

Yeah, its gone from barely functioning to semi-functioning in a month's worth. Round of applause.

Maybe in month 3 they'll get rid of AR starts in 2015

-Ryn

Banned
Sprint in Reach is vastly different than its implementation in Halo 4 and Halo 5. In Reach, it was an armor ability, meaning if you wanted it, you went without something else. Ergo, if you wanted jetpack or armor lock, you couldn't sprint.

Contrast this with the universal sprint present in Halo 4 and soon Halo 5. Now instead of the odd man with sprint, everyone can sprint. In Halo 4, a certain perk even allowed you unlimited sprint, meaning no cool down either. Couple this with other options and you could now sprint all map long, quickly jetpack somewhere else, sprint away and then bring up your hard light shield etc.

In Reach, it didn't last as long as you'd think, plus, there were very loud audio cues at the beginning and or end/cancellation of sprint to tell you someone just sprinted nearby etc. It all sucks in each version though. But as this point, it's useless to complain, they've basically said they're not going to listen to feedback on it, so it's whatever. The line in the sand has been drawn.
Wasn't the fact that sprint was an AA a problem since it added to randomness?

There are 2 audio cues for sprint in Halo 5 for sprint. The thrusters burning at full speed and footsteps. As for the unlimited sprint, maybe that's something that can be changed in the Beta. A toggle for sprint in custom games probably won't happen though. If it does I'll be pleasantly surprised.

343 YOU HAVE TORN THIS COMMUNITY APART

ODDONE ISNT BANNED

THIS IS ALSO YOUR FAULT

#BUTTS
#thecurseisreal

Well for one, the main issue I've always seen was that Armor Abilities created randomness because you weren't sure who had what. That is no longer the case.

Jet packs aren't a thing.

What list of abilities are you even looking at?

• Thruster Pack
  • Ground Pound
  • Shoulder Check
  • Slide
  • Clamber
  • Hover
  • Smart Scope

Of those 7 abilities, 1 shouldn't even be considered an ability, 3 passively enhance movement, another is a sudden burst in movement, and only 2 have any offensive capability both of which are difficult to use.

jem0208

"ADS is just visual!"

Is it really that difficult to believe that some of us actually like the look of Halo 5? That doesn't make us "343 apologists"

Although defending the MCC is a bit silly.

klodeckel

Banned
So even I am just looking forward to Halo 5 and like so far what I've seen I am a "343 apologist"? Just because I'm not a mad-as-fuck on everything regarding Halo? What's wrong here?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Booted MCC up for the first time since launch week, said players were found about 2 mins in, waited another minute, "connection failed." Rinse, repeat for the last 5 minutes

Fuckin lol
I'm dead inside

Finaj

Yeah you're right. We gotta stop people like Biggy spreading propaganda about this perfectly functioning masterpiece.

It's not fully functioning. I still have difficulty finding matches in BTB and occasionally the balance is off my one or two players. Although, I haven't really experienced any campaign bugs and my game has never crashed.

Every player seems to have varying degrees of success on what works and what doesn't.

So even I am just looking forward to Halo 5 and like so far what I've seen I am a "343 apologist"? Just because I'm not a mad-as-fuck on everything regarding Halo? What's wrong here?

I think that if 343 said that SWAT would be replacing Team Slayer as the main playlist in Halo 5 you would be like" well that makes sense, the market has changed, halo needs to evolve, people just don't want to play 10 year old Team Slayer anymore."

klodeckel

Banned
I think that if 343 said that SWAT would be replacing Team Slayer as the main playlist in Halo 5 you would be like" well that makes sense, the market has changed, halo needs to evolve, people just don't want to play 10 year old Team Slayer anymore."

And you would be like "another H2 map pack or Halo is dad". About as senseless as your comment. Stating things the other never said. "You would be like ...". Lol. Where are we here? Kindergarten?

Honestly - you are just blaming everytime. How would your Halo 5 look like?

-Ryn

Banned

"ADS is just visual!"

I genuinely can't tell if you're a troll or simply live up to your name.

You cherry pick small arguments while ignoring everything about the context they were made in and then flanderize the hell out of them.

Can't believe we still have 343 apologists, this game is a fucking disgrace.
Who's apologizing?
Did ANYONE here even once say that nobody should be mad? Did anyone say that 343 are totally free of blame?

No.

Our latest topic of debate was in regards to the accusation that 343 don't care because they released a broken game and aren't putting everything on hold to fix it. This isn't hyperbole. TryHard is pissed that they aren't stopping EVERYTHING to work on this game and because of that they obviously don't care.

Are you telling me you think ANYTHING about that is a realistic, logical, or rational expectation?

Yeah we're the crazy ones here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom