• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
This is about my feelings with this thread right now:

47153-gorilla-walking-away-nlqH.gif

It loads into that "Upload Studio" App. You can edit/trim it and then share it from there.

Can it be uploaded to youtube?

EDIT: #butts

klodeckel

Banned
More like the games that created the Halo brand and less like a CoD-Crysis hybrid with a Halo skin on it.

I expected that anwer. Very constructive feedback.

Halo 5 fits to your statement in my opinion. As does a Halo 2 map-pack. I already told you why. Maybe you should be more concrete.

It's easy to say "dis shit sucks".

Onikaan

Just played a 3v4 SWAT on Midship. Spawn killed about 14 times. The dudes on the other team weren't interested in the flag, they just positioned themselves for spawn kills and spammed away. It actually reminded me of back in the day when those hackers in the higher 40's would spawn your team in one position while raining down unlimited aimbot sniper fire.

Pure enjoyment.

Haruko

It's not fully functioning. I still have difficulty finding matches in BTB and occasionally the balance is off my one or two players. Although, I haven't really experienced any campaign bugs and my game has never crashed.

Every player seems to have varying degrees of success on what works and what doesn't.

No, see, If you ever gotten into at least one working matchmade game, you're a 343 apologist.
Y7Pdt3q.png

I expected that anwer. Very constructive feedback.

Halo 5 fits to your statement in my opinion. As does a Halo 2 map-pack. I already told you why. Maybe you should be more concrete.

How important is the high ground in Halo? Very important right? CE didn't take away a player's ability to fire his weapon while he was climbing a ladder. Halo 2 didn't take away a player's ability to fire while riding up a Grav Lift. Halo 5 takes away my ability to fire if I just want to move at full speed, horizontally, not even vertically. If gaining the high ground, which is objectively more important than any horizontal movement, didn't take away a player's ability to attack, how the fuck does Sprint fit into the Halo formula?

Impala26

I await the day we can live in love and peace.

Until then though, ETERNAL STRUGGLE IT IS.

Shit's too goddamn serious around here sometimes. So I apologize to anyone annoyed by my sometimes incessant GIF-ing, but I prefer to inject to brevity to situations from time to time.

This shit sucks with the state of MCC, how it launched, the future, etc. etc. I understand people's frustrations because I was deflated by it too. Beating dead horses and picking e-fights won't help matters. At the end of the day, this is a video game and it should pale in comparison to other life matters. Mix told us he just found out about a distant friend of his that took her own life and I just yesterday found out I'm being released from my engineering contract position at the end of next week. Yet despite these real issues that could knock us down, he and I are willing to remain optimistic moving forward.

Not trying to sound preachy, but damn the tone in here sometimes just reminds me of kids in middle school and it really just wears me out after awhile.

Sorry for the interruption, please continue with the Halo discussion... and butts.

Shit's too goddamn serious around here sometimes. So I apologize to anyone annoyed by my sometimes incessant GIF-ing, but I prefer to inject to brevity to situations from time to time.

This shit sucks with the state of MCC, how it launched, the future, etc. etc. I understand people's frustrations because I was deflated by it too. Beating dead horses and picking e-fights won't help matters. At the end of the day, this is a video game and it should pale in comparison to other life matters. Mix told us he just found out about a distant friend of his that took her own life and I just yesterday found out I'm being released from my engineering contract position at the end of next week. Yet despite these real issues that could knock us down, he and I are willing to remain optimistic moving forward.

Not trying to sound preachy, but damn the tone in here sometimes just reminds me of kids in middle school and it really just wears me out after awhile.

Sorry for the interruption, please continue with the Halo discussion... and butts.
What the hell are you even talking about. Community topics are supposed to stay on topic.

Halogaf had a history of going way off topic. We've been closed down before and told to stay on topic.

I say this with all due respect to both you and mix about your problems. But this is a video game like you said. And this is a forum to discuss video games. How is any of that relevant to how great you guys are for staying optimistic?

Everyone whose complaining about the salt overload, along with the people posting super personal shit are in the wrong here. Take that elsewhere.

This is a Halo topic and not a fucking clubhouse.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I have never understood why there has never been a BR start only Team Slayer playlist, ever.

Back in H2 days, Bnet's Shiska or whoever it was controlling the playlists said that a BR start only playlist would somehow disrupt the regular default TS list....well duh, wouldn't that mean that the majority of the community prefer to play BR start only Slayer???

No, see, If you ever gotten into at least one working matchmade game, you're a 343 apologist.
Y7Pdt3q.png

I must be the biggest 343 Apologist of all time since I still can reliably get into games after a minute or less of waiting!

(Oh and the Banshee is totally still on Ascension on SWAT!)

What the hell are you even talking about. Community topics are supposed to stay on topic.

Halogaf had a history of going way off topic. We've been closed down before and told to stay on topic.

I say this with all due respect to both you and mix about your problems. But this is a video game like you said. And this is a forum to discuss video games.

Everyone whose complaining about the salt overload, along with the people posting super personal shit are in the wrong here. Take that elsewhere.

It's a community forum. It's one part Halo topic, one part clubhouse. HaloGAF got closed down before for being overly insular and generally unwelcoming.

I'm inclined to agree with Impala. Everybody's got a right to their opinions, but when the negativity gets so rampant that everyone who goes against it is labeled as a shill and an apologist, that's a problem.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Have you guys been graced with this shill of a guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz53wLZtwQU

He's giving Greenskull a run for his money.

I watched that in mute (im at work) and just watching the ADS parts...I noticed the range/distance at which the player is shooter the opposition...he does the smart scope...

In otherwords, if this were any previous Halo game, no one would scope in at that range...so something tells me this ADS is doing something other than being a visual change, why else would someone scope-in at a medium to short range distance on someone?

It looks exactly how a COD player does when they're aiming in COD.

It's a community forum. It's one part Halo topic, one part clubhouse. HaloGAF got closed down before for being overly insular and generally unwelcoming.

I'm inclined to agree with Impala. Everybody's got a right to their opinions, but when the negativity gets so rampant that everyone who goes against it is labeled as a shill and an apologist, that's a problem.
Generally I agree with you. But people are clearly pissed about the broken game. Constantly telling people who are pissed that theyre just unlucky or the game works fine when clearly they're is huge fucking problems is dumb.

Being a clubhouse is what lead to us becoming too insular.

Just talk about Halo and we should be fine, that's not that hard.

-Ryn

Banned

Dude, don't worry about it.

Hell if anything the random GIFs are a help. It's good to laugh.
Thanks for trying to bring a bit of perspective to the melodrama.

Good luck with your job dude.
I'm personally looking as well. GameStop has been giving zero hours to seasonals for the past month so I'm hoping to find one soon. Luckily a friend of mine has been helping with rent.

so something tells me this ADS is doing something other than being a visual change, why else would someone scope-in at a medium to short range distance on someone?

I find all the "JUST VISUAL ADS" comments hilarious. Save this post from me. If ADS does not change weapons' behavior, I will never post my thoughts on Halo ever again.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I watched that in mute (im at work) and just watching the ADS parts...I noticed the range/distance at which the player is shooter the opposition...he does the smart scope...

In otherwords, if this were any previous Halo game, no one would scope in at that range...so something tells me this ADS is doing something other than being a visual change, why else would someone scope-in at a medium to short range distance on someone?

It looks exactly how a COD player does when they're aiming in COD.

It's improves the fire on the AR + SMG as far as I know.

The video is better with sound or at least subtitles. All the footage is filler for his bullshit PR script to be read over.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It's improves the fire on the AR + SMG as far as I know.

The video is better with sound or at least subtitles. All the footage is filler for his bullshit PR script to be read over.

Eh, I dont care to listen to some dude spout off crap. I just watched it again and there's clearly something postive with aiming down the sights with the weapons because the zoom from previous Halo games is gone, there's something allowing the player to aim his shots better in ads than not, otherwise, what's the point of it?

We zoom with a BR in previous Halos because it gives us a slightly more precision aiming speed and it zooms.

This doesn't seem the case in Halo 5.

The truth will be seen once we all get hands on with the beta. I'm surprised no one as actually dissected it verbally saying what ADS actually does.

If it gives no actual benefit of aiming (since it doesn't zoom like previous Halos), then why ever do it? Something isn't being disclosed.

klodeckel

Banned
So an AR battle could be decided by who smart scopes in first?

I think an AR smart scope duel will not work due to the constant and immediate descope.

I find all the "JUST VISUAL ADS" comments hilarious. Save this post from me. If ADS does not change weapons' behavior, I will never post my thoughts on Halo ever again.
We already know and it's been confirmed that there is no punishment for hipfire. Stand to your words now (you won't ...).

jem0208

Sooo...

The fact that it's been confirmed that it doesn't change the behaviour or precision weapons at all didn't really factor into this post I guess?

Granadier

I think an AR smart scope duel will not work due to the constant and immediate descope.

We already know and it's been confirmed that there is no punishment for hipfire. Stand to your words now (you won't ...).

Sooo...

The fact that it's been confirmed that it doesn't change the behaviour or precision weapons at all didn't really factor into this post I guess?

But....

It's been confirmed that it does effect the spread of the AR + SMG.

Sooo...

Nope. I don't think 343 knows how to make a Halo game but I also don't believe they are stupid. I don't think they are going to add a mechanic that does literally nothing. We'll see I guess.

jem0208

But....

It's been confirmed that it does effect the spread of the AR + SMG.
I did specify precision weapons in my post. However yes, it looks like it might affect automatics. It's not been confirmed though.

I'll wait until someone does a proper test or 343 confirms it first.

Nope. I don't think 343 knows how to make a Halo game but I also don't believe they are stupid. I don't think they are going to add a mechanic that does literally nothing. We'll see I guess.
It doesn't appear to be a proper mechanic though. It seems more like a visual redesign to appeal to the more casual audience.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

On paper, if you were to write the following:

Halo 2 BR scope has 2x magnification and slows down your aim speed to be more precise.

Halo 5 smart scope (is there magnification?) (does it slow down aim speed to be more precise?)

Honestly, I just want to know if when you scope in Halo 5, is it EXACTLY the same as scoping in Halo 2?

Mdot

Any news on the next patch? I this could be the one that finally fixes MM

It's been getting there, but I doubt we're just one step away from a fix-all patch. I lucked out last night with no issues, but plenty of people are still experiencing tons of bugs. One patch won't fix that.

But I have not heard of what this next one will specifically focus on yet.

Granadier

I did specify precision weapons in my post. However yes, it looks like it might affect automatics. It's not been confirmed though.

I'll wait until someone does a proper test or 343 confirms it first.

It doesn't appear to be a proper mechanic though. It seems more like a visual redesign to appeal to the more casual audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

2:17 and 5:15

Impala26

I say this with all due respect to both you and mix about your problems. But this is a video game like you said. And this is a forum to discuss video games. How is any of that relevant to how great you guys are for staying optimistic?

Look, maybe it was a forum no-no to bring personal baggage into the conversation, and if so, I'll take the heat for that. I was just trying to use it anecdotally because it seems like certain individuals and taking the debates in here far too personally and are relentless about proving their point.

My point about optimism is that arguing about the launch, what 343i should've done, what MS should've done, etc. etc. ad nauseum isn't going to somehow redeem or repair what has already happened. The launch sucked, there's no denying that even objectively. It was the most failed launch of a Halo game, and arguably ONE of the worst AAA video game launches to date. But endlessly debating that to me is the equivalent of people saying "such and such dudebro should've been elected instead." Great, awesome, yeah you might even be right, but life continues moving forward regardless. Because of this, if you can't at least TRY to be optimistic about the future going forward, you're just basically going to be a curmudgeon and bring everyone else down--salt for salt's sake.

I can't sit here and say, "hey guys let's go have a civil conversation with 343i about the future of the franchise" because that's not how the industry works (though it would be amazing if there was some sort of scheduled roundtable discussion like this). The best I'm trying to put forth is to focus people into constructive debates and such; even including things they don't like or not happy about. But there's a difference between that and just pessimism for the sake of pessimism, and it just seems like I see a lot of that around here these days.

Finally, on the note of being a "clubhouse", I disagree. As long as we can open, welcoming and civil, I can't see why HaloGAF can't operate this way towards the general populace and in so doing, avoiding being an insular "no girls allowed" type club you're alluding to.

The reason you see pessimism "lately" is because these issues have been discussed at length, constructively for almost ten years. We still have AR starts in 2014. We still have vanilla snowbound.

Impala26

The reason you see pessimism "lately" is because these issues have been discussed at length, constructively for almost ten years. We still have AR starts in 2014. We still have vanilla snowbound.

Point taken. I think the reason I've not been so bothered by this is that in the face of the litany of other issues MCC had and continues to face, it seems minor. Had the game shipped in a much more stable state, I'd be right alongside the folks here pushing this sort of debate--it's constructive, and frankly it's what got Bungie to make map/balance changes in the first place.

^Hey now, the silenced SMG is good!

Remember when the extent of our worries was Halo 1 won't have a playlist of its own at launch and how Halo 3 and 4's armor customization was scaled back? Good times!

Mdot

Remember when the extent of our worries was Halo 1 won't have a playlist of its own at launch and how Halo 3 and 4's armor customization was scaled back? Good times!

Played a match on Hang Em High a few nights ago and it was the best 8 min of my recent life.

-Ryn

Banned
So if the ADS worked exactly like Classic Zoom only now it benefits Automatics a bit as well how would you guys feel about that?

On another note, I just saw Maleficent. Was cool.

willow ve

Guys you're not listening.

You're not PUNISHED for using hip fire on the automatics.
Instead you're REWARDED for using Smart Scope with AR / SMG.

See - it's not hard. No punishment.

Mdot

Guys you're not listening.

You're not PUNISHED for using hip fire on the automatics.
Instead you're REWARDED for using Smart Scope with AR / SMG.

See - it's not hard. No punishment.

How is it a reward at all? I thought it functioned exactly like a classic zoom

willow ve

How is it a reward at all? I thought it functioned exactly like a classic zoom

It changes the spread of the weapon when in Smart Scope. This might not make it to the final game, but the mechanic of a tighter, more focused reticle is clearly shown in multiple videos.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So if the ADS worked exactly like Classic Zoom only now it benefits Automatics a bit as well how would you guys feel about that?

On another note, I just saw Maleficent. Was cool.

I couldn't care less to be honest. I'll rarely use a full auto weapon in the first place. But the AR in those videos seems to act like a generic COD AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom