• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klodeckel

Banned
It changes the spread of the weapon when in Smart Scope. This might not make it to the final game, but the mechanic of a tighter, more focused reticle is clearly shown in multiple videos.

Launch Halo 3. Get the BR.

Fast fire against a wall when zoomed in - with 30 metres distance.

Walk 1 metre to the right.

Fast fire against a wall when not zoomed in - with 30 metres distance.

Compare the result. Tell me what you see.

Hint: the result you will see is just natural. The not-zoomed in shots will be a bit more spread. When you zoom, your reticule and the area where a bullet could impact it will get smaller. This is the effect of the zoom function. The effect is minor tho in comparison to ohter games. I expect it will just work exactly the same in H5.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys you're not listening.

You're not PUNISHED for using hip fire on the automatics.
Instead you're REWARDED for using Smart Scope with AR / SMG.

See - it's not hard. No punishment.

Your logic is flawed.

If you are rewarded for doing something, then inherently you are being punished for not doing it.

If I study for my calculus final I will be rewarded with a decent grade. If I don't study, my punishment will be a failing grade.

Got SWAT on Ivory Tower 3v3 and we go up 4-0 in the first ~30 seconds so one scrub quits. Then I realize another scrub isn't even playing so it is effectively 3v1, and the 1 is just going around trying to hide the entire time.

Slowest game ever. And we only got to 30 kills before time ran out. I had 15.

Got SWAT on Ivory Tower 3v3 and we go up 4-0 in the first ~30 seconds so one scrub quits. Then I realize another scrub isn't even playing so it is effectively 3v1, and the 1 is just going around trying to hide the entire time.

Slowest game ever. And we only got to 30 kills before time ran out. I had 15.

Check behind the crates on bottom shotgun (the double lift side). That's where players would hide back in the day.

-Ryn

Banned
Uhhh... I thought this WAS the case though?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it is too.
It's just since there still seems to be some doubt about how it works I figured I'd ask straight up. There seems to be confusion on how much of a difference there is between the two.

I couldn't care less to be honest. I'll rarely use a full auto weapon in the first place. But the AR in those videos seems to act like a generic COD AR.
This is essentially my stance on it.
I wouldn't ever zoom in to begin with. The boost in accuracy doesn't seem to be enough of a benefit to make it worth it anyway. I just hope there's a toggle FFS. I want the helm cam zoom back.

I'm assuming he's referring to the visual aspect.
Essentially

Baby_laugh.gif

Seriously that was great. Thanks man.

Played a match on Hang Em High a few nights ago and it was the best 8 min of my recent life.
I've been loving the Halo CE matches i get into. If only it wasn't the far right map option or I'd get into even more...

My K/D ratio is all over the place. Sad times lol. I may or may not have quit out of snowbound.
QEjn0U5.jpg

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm not kidding when I say this, it took me nearly a YEAR after release to discover the Carbine spawned behind those boxes on Ivory Tower.

I never knew that Master Chief's helmet was the zoom on the HCE pistol. I actually thought there was a scope of some kind...even though the weapon didn't phsyically have one lol.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
He's been around - just not in HaloGAF.

He lurkes. So we must be careful what we say

#butts

EDIT: By the way, since we obviously know matchmaking is hit or miss most of the time, custom games work for the most part, why dont we gather some gafers and have some good ol BR-starting customs 4v4s??

woodland

Having such shit hit registration with the Halo 2 sniper really blows. Feels like if I'm farther than Midship bases apart that nothing registers on the head.

Mdot

Do we know if or of any rumors that there will be more H2A maps done? I know, this should be a low priority until everything is ironed out, but it would be nice as some compensation for the shit this game has been since launch.

Granadier

Do we know if or of any rumors that there will be more H2A maps done? I know, this should be a low priority until everything is ironed out, but it would be nice as some compensation for the shit this game has been since launch.

CA has confirmed that they are not working on any more maps, nor would they want to.

-Ryn

Banned
CA has confirmed that they are not working on any more maps, nor would they want to.
Which does indeed suck. I guess 343 could potentially do it after they're working H5. Though that also depends on what they're working on after the release. Hard to think of any other studio that would be able to do it. At least not any that I know of.

So... Never thought I'd see my roommate show up on NeoGaf... odd.
How serendipitous

Omni

We heard anything about this beta yet? Comes after Christmas, yes?

Unless it has some kind of surprise BTB element, I won't be playing it for long. Kinda like the MCC. Without working BTB the game might as well be dead to me. Arena stuff doesn't interest me much

Omni

Comes December 29th
Lasts for 3 weeks
9 Maps
3 Modes
No BTB (unless they're gonna surprise us)
Weapon Starts will be rotated per week
4 Armor Types (maybe 5 if the Recruit is in)

Uhh

Are we testing all of the maps or something? That seems ridiculously high. Of course it's early days but unless we get like 20 maps (lol) on release then I can see myself being a little disappointed if we're experiencing all there is so long before release.

Kinda like with Destiny's Alpha/Beta

Granadier

There will be 3 maps available to test during the beta.
OMGWTFBBQ, not enough maps. 343 failure. Give us more maps. Beta is boring!

There will be 9 maps available to test during the beta.
Wow, seriously? Just giving us all the maps during the beta. What is there going to be left for release? 343 better make like 20 maps or something or this game will be trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom