• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Hasn't been confirmed, no. We'll see how it goes. I'm half expecting there to be scope customization, with "no sights" as one of the options. Make everyone happy.

Frankie confirmed that it is a possibility that the full game will have the option to go back to classic zoom. However it's (at least mostly) dependent on feedback from the beta.

Most likely no then. 343 aren't exactly known to give us options. It seems if you want to zoom, you have to have the scope/iron sights pop up then. I wonder if you'd be at a disadvantage or an advantage using classic zoom instead of iron sights as well.

Blueblur1

Cross-posting this from the gaming side thread:

Aside from the silly justification for sprint, I'm fine with what he said. I appreciate that he took the time to sit down and address one of the Halo communities. I'm sure that everything they've designed thus far will stay in the final game but I hope they really do listen to fan opinions during the beta and adjust the game as needed. I'm fine with more mobility options but they will likely have to be tweaked before launch.

-Ryn

Banned
Most likely no then. 343 aren't exactly known to give us options. It seems if you want to zoom, you have to have the scope/iron sights pop up then. I wonder if you'd be at a disadvantage or an advantage using classic zoom instead of iron sights as well.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get the option in H5, and what with Frankie talking about how one of the lessons they've learned is the importance of customization, I'm hopeful. However I'm not going to expect it. Just gonna keep emphasizing in the beta feedback how important an option for it is.

Trey

lol at y'all running in there to tell that dude he's wrong for liking Halo 4. He didn't even say anything really objectionable.

spootime

I would love to eat my own words on this but I think that the chances of them putting in a classic scope option is pretty much zero. Its way more likely that 343 is lying and just trying to mollify the fan base. edit: lying is probably too harsh. I really do hope I'm wrong and they add in classic scope.

Like hell it does. Quality does not equal either breadth of appeal or sales. AAA games are, quite simply put, too big to be developed in a vacuum. They need to consider potential demographics, because otherwise they'd just be too risky to fund.

How's that been working out for them? The last two halo games have tried to appeal to wider demographics and halo 4 was completely dead only a few months after it launched.

The best multiplayer games of all time have never been focused on the casual consumer. Dota, quake, starcraft, cs 1.6, street fighter etc all had incredibly high skill ceilings with nothing in the way of tutorials. And guess what? They're still the most popular games in the world. If you provide a solid matchmaking experience, dedicated servers, and other features like file share, people will want to play for the sake of ranking up and getting better at the game.

I find it pretty hilarious that 343 seems so focused on pushing the esport aspect of their games while simultaneously forcing sprint and armor abilities onto people, something the competitive community never has and never will ask for. And now aim down sight? Cmon...

All of these games are still so popular even a decade after they were made (except quake rip). You can keep popping out stinky turds like reach and halo 4 but eventually people are just going to decide that buying an xbox for halo just isnt worth it these days.

Booshka

There are better ways to handle criticism than manbaby shitfits. I never thought I'd see the day where we had a poster exemplifying one of my .gifs 1:1, and yet, here we are:

http://i.imgur.com/rOXiUkz.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

It took a "manbaby shitfit" for an exhaustive and honest response though. Especially when it's coming from Lukems, who made a career out of it on 1UP Yours, I don't really see the problem with it.

Halo 3 is babby's Halo 2, so it deserved that level of maturity when it comes to criticism.

Oh, what's that? Can't find a game in 10 minutes of searching in H2A? Better go check SWAT.

Get dumped into Warlock. And destroyed by a terrible spawn system where you die seven times in a row without pushing your thumbstick forward.

Then get put into SWAT CTF on Pitfall with a team of three split-screen guys who think it's death match and don't know how to defend.

Fucking ridiculous. I didn't want to play any games tonight anyway /sarcasm

-Ryn

Banned
I find it pretty hilarious that 343 seems so focused on pushing the esport aspect of their games while simultaneously forcing sprint and armor abilities onto people, something the competitive community never has and never will ask for. And now aim down sight? Cmon...
*sigh*

I agree that changing or adding things because they are popular is dumb. I think that if you change something it should because you think it'd be a really great thing for your game to have.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
What kind of beer?

You won't like it.

Busch Light because I'd rather spend less money on beer that's basically the same taste as Bud Light, it's brewed by same brewer. Before that Busch Light tonight, I had six Texas Alamo beers, it's brewed in Texas, and oh so good.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
There are better ways to handle criticism than manbaby shitfits. I never thought I'd see the day where we had a poster exemplifying one of my .gifs 1:1, and yet, here we are:

rOXiUkz.gif

I know you read the Bnet weekly update about the BR, and obviously you know my past posts on Bnet (probably MLG too, and maybe even listened to my Gamers Corner Podcast) about the fucking H3 BR crap...so I really do not care that you want to ignore my posts. If you're going to deny Halo 3 was a shitty designed game with Bungie outright acknowledging it...then knock yourself out.

EDIT: by the way, my argument was with Lukems, had nothing to do with Stinkles. So pleas don't bring him into this.

Omni

Do Halo Reach stats on Waypoint just not work any more? Does anyone have a link to the stats page?

It's saying I haven't playing a single game

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It took a "manbaby shitfit" for an exhaustive and honest response though. Especially when it's coming from Lukems, who made a career out of it on 1UP Yours, I don't really see the problem with it.

Halo 3 is babby's Halo 2, so it deserved that level of maturity when it comes to criticism.

Thank you Booshka. Someone see's the light.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
G'night folks. The BR spread is real. The bullet refunding on all projectile-based weapons is real in H3 and in H2 Annv.

Sprint is in Halo 5 because..."everyone expects it."

At least we have HCE in MCC on Xbox Live, for the first time ever...when it works.

;) Cheers!

Mix

You won't like it.

Busch Light because I'd rather spend less money on beer that's basically the same taste as Bud Light, it's brewed by same brewer. Before that Busch Light tonight, I had six Texas Alamo beers, it's brewed in Texas, and oh so good.

Texas is a great place for beer.

Wurstfest here in town (New Braunfels) was a ton of fun this year.

Since it seems like Elites might be playable again. I hope they'll aesthetically be more like Reach's, I liked them.

While I know those were splinter rejects in H4, they still looked like GeOW rejects.

If Elites aren't playable, surely we'll egg someones house.

-Ryn

Banned
you know what i mean :p
As long as you know the difference ;)

Halo is so good. Some of my fondest memories are Halo memories.
A lot of my best friends were met through Halo. It's one of the greatest series ever.

I miss when Bungie was cool :(

Posting this from the Josh Holmes thread because it honestly made me laugh.

You won't like it.

I'll check out the Alamo beers thanks :)

Madness

I love that I'm still finding little tidbits here and there.

Yeah. Can't wait for release actually, just from beta testing standpoint. It's one thing having their internal studio playing. Quite another once over a million have 3 weeks to mess around, learn tricks, basically use and abuse all the new mechanics. I hope it goes off without a hitch, because I'll probably be on every day playing.

Mix

Yeah. Can't wait for release actually, just from beta testing standpoint. It's one thing having their internal studio playing. Quite another once over a million have 3 weeks to mess around, learn tricks, basically use and abuse all the new mechanics. I hope it goes off without a hitch, because I'll probably be on every day playing.

I'm honestly super interested in seeing how it affects MCC numbers and population. I'm sure we'll see a big spike then because of Christmas anyway, but I'm still excited.

Madness

I'm honestly super interested in seeing how it affects MCC numbers and population. I'm sure we'll see a big spike then because of Christmas anyway, but I'm still excited.

If it's working separate from MCC and the issues are not something studio/server related, I expect probably almost 90% to move to Halo 5. Look how many of us still have issues with joining, rosters not showing up, crashes etc.

If I can jump into Halo 5 with a friend or cousin, and it's dedicated servers, I'd probably not touch MCC once in those 3 weeks. That time will go by quick too. I hope with the PR and articles leading up to Halo 5, they do some MCC advertising, get some people back. Naturally we'll see a huge increase in users for holidays and Christmas. I don't know about once beta is over, especially if issues persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom