• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwells

So not only is the game still crazy broken, the latest update has made SMG starts more common to make it even worse when it does work. Kids actually vote for SMG spawns on Ascension, which might actually be one of the single worst map and gametype combinations in Halo ever.

Goddamn, I can't believe I can't get a refund on this piece of garbage.

Finaj

So not only is the game still crazy broken, the latest update has made SMG starts more common to make it even worse when it does work. Kids actually vote for SMG spawns on Ascension, which might actually be one of the single worst map and gametype combinations in Halo ever.

Goddamn, I can't believe I can't get a refund on this piece of garbage.

Really? Most maps I've gotten after the patch have far more BR starts.

-Ryn

Banned
Predictions:

- UI will tank somewhere in development and give us a way worse product than the beta UI upon release, "why nix something that isn't broken"

- Arena segment will be a Reach situation where small maps have most of their map count from map variations, campaign locations, and in some cases repurposed zones from larger "battlefield" maps. Despite this, a universal "largest map total on launch in the Halo franchise" selling point will be established to hell and back on marketing. Does not clarify that most of these are either enviro-variants or Forge maps, like with Reach.

- Large-scale "battlefield" maps will all be unique rather than day / night or inside / out variations.

- Arena Forge is traditional Forge and focuses more on building blocks, gadgets, etc.

- Battlefield Forge is wonky as hell on launch, but focuses more on terrain stuff at the cost of losing some traditional small-scale Forge object functionality.
Who was it that had the idea for two different kinds of map editing tools? There was Forge which was more traditional editing and a more advanced mode called Anvil (pretty sure it was something else).

And more toggles. If they gave us the option for some of these things like ADS vs traditional scope and disabling sprint for Custom Games, etc., Halo 5 will be much better for it.
Options matter. Why take away when you could give an option instead?

Madness

The Bungie dilemma

Eh, they knew what they were getting into when they signed up for 343 Industries. Bungie is different because they were a separate studio, turned into an MS first party studio and then they bought themselves back. 343 was created solely to oversee and create new experiences in the Halo universe.

Plus, you can see after Halo 4 shipped, there was quite a bit of turnover for employees who probably used Halo 4 on their resumes to get jobs elsewhere. I assume those who don't want to make Halo after Halo 5, will probably do the same.

Booshka

That final snipe... goddamn.

Also Ogre 2 proving his goat status with his 19 kills that game. Great game by him.

Yea he closed out the Winners and Grand Finals series with huge performances. Cementing his GOAT status, that Snakebite snipe was so perfect, everyone watching felt it in their gut wanting that snipe to land, then it did.

darthbob

Anyone who applied to a place called "343 Industries" expecting the company to shift franchises over time has only one person to blame.

Obama.

lol

I'm just sayin' that after like years of working there I'd probably get tired of Halo and wanna move on to something else, like Bungie did. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see some of the higher ups at 343i move on in a few years.

belushy

Banned
Yea he closed out the Winners and Grand Finals series with huge performances. Cementing his GOAT status, that Snakebite snipe was so perfect, everyone watching felt it in their gut wanting that snipe to land, then it did.

In my head I was like "go for that shot! go for that shot!" because I saw the red dude up there. Instant gratification when all those medal popped up on screen. (is that wrong of me to feel happy about the medals lol)

Oh yeah, I played on Halo 2 Uplift for the first time today.

A bit disappointing. I found shotgun spawns and the rocket launcher. Couldn't get the sniper because some scrub kept grabbing it and wasting shots.

Not a good map, not bad either. Middle of the pack.

-Ryn

Banned
Eh, they knew what they were getting into when they signed up for 343 Industries. Bungie is different because they were a separate studio, turned into an MS first party studio and then they bought themselves back. 343 was created solely to oversee and create new experiences in the Halo universe.

Plus, you can see after Halo 4 shipped, there was quite a bit of turnover for employees who probably used Halo 4 on their resumes to get jobs elsewhere. I assume those who don't want to make Halo after Halo 5, will probably do the same.
Didn't Bungie just sell their studio into a 10 year contract? Or am I remembering that wrong? Or am I remembering that right but missing details? Mysteries...

This may be a bit idealistic but I like to think that the constant turnover will weed out the people who don't actually care much about Halo (or do but not in a way that they want to develop for it) and create a studio full of people actually interested in the series.

Or it could just create a series of schizophrenic games that can't decide on a pace or tone.

This pleasures me.
I bet it does

Imagine you boot up Halo 5 beta for the last day, to get in the last fill. You notice that "Play Arena Multiplayer" isn't there anymore... instead you see "Play Infinity Battleground." Instantly your hands begin to shake and you get goosebumps all over your body. You click the a button and begin searching for players.

Searching....
Searching...
Searching.....

"31 Players found!"

That'd be pretty sweet.
I've been creeping Stinkles the last while, he hasn't chimed in with the new interview.

Omni

"Dedicated Servers"

I'm not crazy, right? My bullets should have hit? eeeeeh. It's over a month after release and this shit is still happening. I can't even find a single game in BTB. And then you have things like being put in a 3v4 with two guests on your team. Or rosters not working. Or menus being buggy. Or hit registration being worse than it was 10 years and two generations of console ago. Salty as hell right now but come on. This is embarrassing. I'd just like to sit down and play a game of Halo multiplayer on this damn console that I bought to do so.

343i are a complete joke.

dwells

"Dedicated Servers"

I'm not crazy, right? My bullets should have hit? eeeeeh. It's over a month after release and this shit is still happening. I can't even find a single game in BTB. And then you have things like being put in a 3v4 with two guests on your team. Or rosters not working. Or menus being buggy. Or hit registration being worse than it was 10 years and two generations of console ago. Salty as hell right now but come on. This is embarrassing. I'd just like to sit down and play a game of Halo multiplayer on this damn console that I bought to do so.

Yep. It's a disaster. Honestly, it's so far from what was advertised and promised that it's pretty much fraud. Yet I can't get a refund and Microsoft continues to advertise and promote the game without revealing what a shambles it is. It's disgusting.

"Dedicated Servers"

Can't say I haven't had that same problem. Is Halo gonna be dad again?

"Dedicated Servers"

Dedicated servers don't fix shit netcode. Also, I don't think MCC is using dedis yet
(and I don't know if it ever will).
Titanfall runs great on Azure
I'm not sure why, but the Xbox One version has some huge problems for me - namely rubber banding and issues with shot registration. I never had those issues on the PC version. I don't think it's my connection since both versions use Azure.

I'm not sure why, but the Xbox One version has some huge problems for me - namely rubber banding and issues with shot registration. I never had those issues on the PC version. I don't think it's my connection since both versions use Azure.

Weird
Playing on the 360 and its been pretty flawless. 18ms to the closest data center...

LEUKKM7.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
That snipe-ultaneous shit is honest to god the worst thing I've ever heard in a Halo game

I'm literally laughing out loud while my soul crumbles.

"Dedicated Servers"

Shiiit. Reminds me of reach and H4 all over again..

-Ryn

Banned
I'm digging the outdoor map. It looks like it's going to have 3 levels (as in building levels). Sweet.

Looks like all the clips are being removed. Only three left on the page now.

edit: Also, Snakebite's snipe to win the tournament
They can never take what I have already saved. LIVIN ON THE EDGE!!

That snipe was incredible!

I hope the Wrecked Midship location means we get a Metroid Prime-esque Downed Frigate moment in Halo 5's campaign, if only for the music.
Exploring a downed and overgrown wreckage would be the shizzle mah rizzle.

Perhaps a location holding an ancient AI that may or may not have participated in a certain battle at the edge of the galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom