• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belushy

Banned
You know, people were mentioning the outside Midship as being a "variant" of Truth, and I could kind of see it. I think there might be two versions of Empire, too. Look at these pictures that are from Waypoint:

It is night time, despite the map being during the day in all the videos/clips we've seen. Not only that, but he is going up a stair case that isn't in the map that we've seen from clips and videos.

3PfMuS5.jpg

They are in front of the blue base, but in the Empire we see, there is no ramp-way like the one they are running on in front of the blue base.

And compared to the pic above, no pipes next to the blue base.

Sorry for the "detective work." I'm super bored.

-Ryn

Banned
Slow it down and it almost sounds like Quake.

https://soundcloud.com/alex_persian/snipeltaneous
Well that was interesting

Get something like this in a Halo game as we explore a downed Covenant / Forerunner cruiser and I'll be a happy man. Bonus points if it's underwater and Chief gets to explore for however long his suit's oxygen will allow him to. Basically, Regret's underwater expository / sunken city segment in Halo 2 Anniversary, except walkable-through.

I can't english today.
Sounds awesome.

What'd you think of the Forerunner(?) ruins in Halo 2?

dwells

I wasn't always this way. There was once a wide-eyed young Halo fan whose hopes and dreams hadn't been so cruelly squelched.

Madness

I actually think it's smart. I mentioned it quite a few times having different times of the day, different skyboxes. This just takes it further. Rather than play Midship twice, you can play a Midship with the feel of inside the Covie ship, and then Midship with the feel of it being outside in a crashed and overgrown wreckage etc.

Reminds me of the Makin Night/Day from World at War. Also imagine places like Valhalla with snow etc.

IHaveIce

Banned
The middle of the map on the outside midship is different than truth's.

Though maybe the maps really change over the course of game or something? Imaging midahip is craahing during the game or something

It really seems like they're trying capture the ridiculous awesomeness that was the Quake announcer, the closer we get to that,the better, gives me vibes for playing CSS on the pc when i was younger.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We're leaving the uncanny valley of medal announcements and getting closer to so bad it's good.

"Pounda-licious" -double kill GP

"Got Good" -non ADS kill with AR

"Watson and Trick" -clamber close call

"Department of Defense" -defending flag/hill

"You Stink!" -stopped Stinkles' killing spree

"Usain Bolt" -sprint for 9.58 seconds

"Jay Jay What?" -first strike kill is charge kill

-Ryn

Banned

"You Stink! -stopped Stinkles' killing spree

I can vividly hear Steitzer announcing all of these. We need moar!

I will brainstorm.

Get Gud is my fav

Absolutely unpossible. Stinkles never gets a killing spree.

He's a scrub.
lol

Damn. That's pretty bad. Was the whole match laggy?

No, it was just the beginning that was bad. That match ended up being pretty fun actually. We were down 3-2 caps with 20 seconds left and I pulled the tie, then got the win in sudden death. I think it's safe to say that match wasn't on dedicated servers though. :p

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
These should go back in.

"Cheney-Mania" -shoot a teammate

"You Suck" -you suck

willow ve

"You Stink!" -stopped Stinkles' killing spree

I am surprisingly ok with this.

belushy

Banned
It might be this:

gamescom-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-concept-rooftops.jpg

Yeah it could be. Though I think it could also just be a forge variant because the pipes fit perfectly where the blue base opening is on the normal Empire map. If it is just forge, it could mean different skybox options and time of day :)

edit: edited because I was using my kindle and I hate type on that thing, so my post came out very confusing.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think 343 should make everything toggle for custom games and specific matchmaking playlists.

CODAW does it. e.g., the no exo movement playlists. It's just classic COD.

Everyone would be happy.

No different than there being SWAT playlists and classic slayer playlists.

Mdot

I think 343 should make everything toggle for custom games and specific matchmaking playlists.

CODAW does it. e.g., the no exo movement playlists. It's just classic COD.

Everyone would be happy.

No different than there being SWAT playlists and classic slayer playlists.

Agreed, but their response will be that they don't want to split the community and want us to "experience the new additions which will most certainly be better after excessive playtests with our internal pro team!"

They'll add classic lists later, which will never happen.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Agreed, but their response will be that they don't want to split the community and want us to "experience the new additions which will most certainly be better after excessive playtests with our internal pro team!"

They'll add classic lists later, which will never happen.

I don't understand how something like toggling splits a community. In fact, the sub-communities of Halo are what make the game so great, it offers something for everyone from fuck around grifball action sack, to SWAT to big team battle, etc.

I know you're being sarcastic though, and I agree that's a predictable excuse 343 would probably say.

Madness

You know how everyone now says why argue about sprint? It's staying, you're delusional if you think it's going away, why talk about it, every shooter has it. I think after Halo 5, they'll say the same for ADS. There's no going back I think from this. "Every game has ADS, you're delusional if you think they'll remove iron sights, get used to it".

Mdot

I don't understand how something like toggling splits a community. In fact, the sub-communities of Halo are what make the game so great, it offers something for everyone from fuck around grifball action sack, to SWAT to big team battle, etc.

I know you're being sarcastic though, and I agree that's a predictable excuse 343 would probably say.

Lol, yep. Truth veiled as sarcasm. I completely agree with you though. Options are always the best bet.

Side note: any word of this week's update, what it addresses and when it's hitting?

Mdot

You know how everyone now says why argue about sprint? It's staying, you're delusional if you think it's going away, why talk about it, every shooter has it. I think after Halo 5, they'll say the same for ADS. There's no going back I think from this. "Every game has ADS, you're delusional if you think they'll remove iron sights, get used to it".

Even though it's not a "true" ADS, I would have preferred if they just did an enhanced classic zoom. All the bells and whistles of the new reticles but keep the barrel of the gun out of it.

Madness

Even though it's not a "true" ADS, I would have preferred if they just did an enhanced classic zoom. All the bells and whistles of the new reticles but keep the barrel of the gun out of it.

It's a half ADS since automatics are better with smart scopes. I don't like it at all, because at best, it's equal to classic zoom. What is the net positive over the classic zoom? Honestly. Instead, a trade off is a massive scope in the middle of the screen, or blind spots in middle of visor. This was one thing an overwhelmingly large portion of any Halo community was against, and they added it.

Mdot

It's a half ADS since automatics are better with smart scopes. I don't like it at all, because at best, it's equal to classic zoom. What is the net positive over the classic zoom? Honestly. Instead, a trade off is a massive scope in the middle of the screen, or blind spots in middle of visor. This was one thing an overwhelmingly large portion of any Halo community was against, and they added it.

True, I forgot if the better aim for the automatics was confirmed. That completely borks the original Halo dynamic for scoping/lack of scoping.

Conformity FTL

Glass

Was pleasantly surprised to find out I was verified today, I thought I'd have to sit the Halo 5 beta out and lurk the entire time.

Despite primarily being a PC gamer, Halo for a second time has convinced me to purchase an Xbox console. The Xbox One is a Christmas present and seeing MCC's issues has definitely made the wait for the 25th easier then it should have been. We're due the weekly patch any day now if they carry on the same patch cycle, and I wonder if they'll push for another patch closer to Christmas, seeing as I won't be the only one unwrapping MCC that day. Anyhoo, happy to be posting in the Halogaf thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom