• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

You want to make a point by showing how 343 is making similar mistakes with sprint and other mechanics? Great, that's your opinion and you have every right to do so.

But retweeting the most hyperbolic BS in the world was a joke and an embarrassment as a member of HaloGAF.

First, HaloGAF is a loosely connected group of people; its not some regal society. And second, its just a Twitter account. Retweets are not embarrassing; they'e just tweets which can be the equivalent of a mental fart. What's really embarrassing is the way some people behave in this thread sometimes (see the post with racial slurs at the top of this page for reference). And lastly, you still haven't told me what you would do. Let's hear it.

RowdyReverb

The messaging from 343 isn't exactly honest either, and this is for both MCC and Halo 5.

Josh said in a past tweet, no penalty for aiming from the hip. Well, then why are full auto weapons getting a positive for using ADS? Logically speaking, using the AR while not using the ADS is in fact a penalty. You're penalized with a larger spread of bullets.

I think the no penalty part refers to no bloom, recoil, decreased movement speed, and inability to jump, which are present in other modern FPS titles where firing from the hip is discouraged. Spread is bound to be decreased when aiming because zoom is increased. Can't really have one without the other. However, I don't see how this will affect Halo-style combat much because descoping is apparently in. Good luck using smart scope in an AR battle. Also, the AR zoom didn't look substantial enough to really affect the weapon's role in the sandbox.

VinFTW

First, HaloGAF is a loosely connected group of people; its not high society. And second, its just a Twitter account. Retweets are not embarrassing; there just tweets which can be the equivalent of a mental fart. What's really embarrassing is the way some people behave in this thread sometimes (see the post with racial slurs at the top of this page for reference). And lastly, you still haven't told me what you would do. Let's hear it.

I agree regarding racial slurs and embarrassing posts, especially as of late, which is why I haven't been around often if at all anymore. I feel like people have stopped posting constructively and started just posting whatever mean or random thing comes out of their mind. I can't blame them anymore though, it's not like any of us or our concerns are getting acknowledged anymore by Stinkles or anybody from 343. I'm sure they know we're unhappy and we know they know we're unhappy. Not much more we can do at this point.

And I would do what someone running a Twitter account representing a community would normally do:

Post meaningful posts from HaloGAF (tag important people)
Never retweet or tweet things based off personal opinion/preferences/biases - especially hyperbole and insanely twisted logic/insults
Try to attract people into the current discussion going on

Really not much to it.

Really my point was regarding what "not to do".

Keep HaloGAF twitter to game updates, good member posts, Halo related threads on GAF, etc. RT 343i staff, Halo communities, Halo tournaments if needed.

Personal thoughts and open mic jokes on personal twitter accounts.

This pretty much, Cyren is far more knowledgeable/professional than I am, so thank you for this post.

CyReN

And lastly, you still haven't told me what you would do. Let's hear it.

Keep HaloGAF twitter to game updates, good member posts, Halo related threads on GAF, etc. RT 343i staff, Halo communities, Halo tournaments if needed.

Personal thoughts and open mic jokes on personal twitter accounts.

TheOddOne

wow

what a fucking post
NAS+GIF.gif

Impala26

343 you fucking suck you had one job to do, stop hunting CoD faggots, you are all incompetent, stop posting your design philosophies I don't care, go work harder incapable and overpaid dick-riding faggots you love the attention, Queens niggas run you niggas ask Russell Summons. Ha, R-O-C get gunned up and clapped quick. J.J. Evans get gunned up and clapped quick. Your whole damn record label gunned up and clapped quick. Shawn Carter to Jay-Z, damn you on Jaz dick. So little shorty's getting gunned up and clapped quick. How much of Biggie's rhymes is gonna come out your fat lips? Wanted to be on every last one of my classics You pop shit, apologize, nigga, just ask Kiss #haloisdad #beingmadasfuckiscool #idontevenknowwhyimstillherethisfranchiseisdadanyway

Uhhhh......

80458-Im-Out-Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane-6Zf5.gif

EDIT: I know it was supposed to be a sarcastic post, but... wow. Klodeckel, do you need us to get you some Xanax?

RowdyReverb

Cyren, are you in Detroit? I know you're a Detroit fan, so I wonder if it's rolling out region specific?

I'm presently downloading it in Houston. Didn't you say you were from Texas, or am I imagining things?

HALO: CE
Made various changes and improvements to Halo: CE multiplayer hit registration.
Thank fucking god

The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update. This particular content update includes improvements for matchmaking, roster, parties, and more. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in today’s update:

MATCHMAKING
Made improvements to the reliability of Matchmaking parties.
Local split-screen players will now always be on the same team in Halo 2 Matchmaking.
Made an update to allow players to use Voice Chat during loading screens in Matchmaking.
Made an update to ensure that players are not forced into an incorrect party after encountering an issue in Matchmaking.
Resolved an issue where the “Winning Team Won” text was shown in the Carnage Report.
ROSTER
Made fixes to reduce the amount of time it takes to update the Roster:
Players will now be discovered sooner after starting the game.
Changes to the roster will be more immediate to better reflect friend activity.
PARTIES
Made several improvements to party joining and management.
Resolved an issue where players that were in a party could not join another party from the Roster.
Made changes to ensure that parties cannot exceed the maximum party size of a playlist.
Made an update to ensure that Party Leaders can assign a new Party Leader or Kick a player from their party.
CUSTOM GAMES
Made a change to ensure that teams selections are correctly carried over in Custom Games.
Made an update to ensure that player settings do not revert to a previous state after completing a Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer match.
Made an update to ensure that players do not disconnect after completing a Custom Game.
Resolved an issue in Custom Games where parties would disband if some players were playing in Split-Screen.
Made a change to ensure that Halo 3 Custom Game variants display correct author information.
HALO: CE
Made various changes and improvements to Halo: CE multiplayer hit registration.
ACHIEVEMENTS
Made an update to ensure that the “Legend Slayer” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
The “Pacifist” Achievement will no longer be awarded for resuming “Assault on the Control Room”.
STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
Matchmaking
Custom Games
Campaign Playlists
Main Menu
CONTROL SCHEMES
Updated the Halo 2 “Green Fingers” Button Layout.
Updated the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Recon Button Layout.
MISC.
Made improvements to stat-tracking.
Improved language support for Norweigan, Spanish, German and Japanese.

klodeckel

Banned
pposed to be a sarcastic post, but... wow. Klodeckel, do you need us to get you some Xanax?

Of course that was sarcastic. Cut the insults and you have a mirror of more realistic posts. I also don't like that somebody calls me an "arse kisser". It's obviously not compareable to the more dramatic sarcastic post by me, but that level of insult does not change an insult.

Cow

Lol still no dedicated servers. I really hope stability updates means no crashing loading maps... It's been over a fucking month. Get more people fixing this shit.

Akai__

Hopefully the Roster will finally work. I was also hoping for a Halo 3 sound channel fix, but sadly I don't see it on the list. :(

Keep the patches comming 343i. We want to play this damn collection without any issues and get our money's worth.

dwells

Oh wow that CE pistol hit detection. My god. 3sk

How different are we talking here? More consistent leading and registration between and in games? I hate games where it's so inconsistent that by the time I nail down a lead distance in a battle, I'm already screwed.

Booshka

Look at this hot pistol action!
Exhibit A
Exhibit B <--
Exhibit C

That looks promising, if every game can run like that or better, then CE has some serious potential in this collection.

BTW you can quick camo by shooting one round of the Pistol then switching to AR, you dont have to switch to AR then shoot. Having AR when you pick up camo then shooting for quick camo is the fastest way though. But the fire one pistol shot then switch to AR is really fast and works too.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Ok, found a BTB game in less than two minutes, but now they need to do something about those damn quitters, started 6vs6, then 2 left, and two more, ended 2vs6...

RowdyReverb

That looks promising, if every game can run like that or better, then CE has some serious potential in this collection.

BTW you can quick camo by shooting one round of the Pistol then switching to AR, you dont have to switch to AR then shoot. Having AR when you pick up camo then shooting for quick camo is the fastest way though. But the fire one pistol shot then switch to AR is really fast and works too.

Thanks for the tip. I knew it had something to do with AR but couldn't remember

Ok, found a BTB game in less than two minutes, but now they need to do something about those damn quitters, started 6vs6, then 2 left, and two more, ended 2vs6...
Maybe if they made matchmaking times longer, people would be less inclined to quit once they found a match. Somebody tell Tashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom