• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yinz are happy to join myself, Mix, whoever/whenever. GT is same: Impala26

I gets the feeling more Halo 2 Classic and CE shenanigans are expected to go down tonight. I'll definitely be pushing Mix for some Objective gametypes though. Hang 'em High CTF was the GOAT gametype for my buddies back in the day.

EDIT: (RE: "Yinz"-- Yes, I'm from Pittsburgh)

I may be able to hop on and do Customs tonight around 10pm EST or a little later. We'll find out. Who should I friend request to get in on this if I'm available?

Madness

6KisK.jpg

QbjYofg.jpg

This is something I've been bummed about with Halo 5 too. Just having this massive iron sights/scope cover half the screen. This is what Booshka was saying earlier. Just to appease the CoD kids who'll never leave CoD and the moronic reviewers who need sprint and ADS for the 4 days they'll play before the leave the game and move on.

Woorloog

Banned
Just wait for the thumbs up from us beta testers and then get it. Halo 5 is a great direction coming off the heels of Halo 4. That might not be saying much, but at least it's far and away a large improvement.

That round based game mode has a ton of potential for being incredible.

Unless they're getting rid of ADS and Sprint (and until i know how BTB works), i'm not interested. They are that big issues for me.
(Well, i'm not interested in paying for this anyway, or paying much. Used Xbone plus used game, perhaps? But that's over a year into future at very least, perhaps more.)

---

Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes have some issues. The Elites are terribly thin, especially their shoulders, almost human-like in their proportions. Pretty sure original Halo 2 Elites had considerably wider shoulders. I take it these CGI animations are motion-captured? It would explain this new stature. Overall pretty minor thing but annoying nonetheless. There are also seemingly some timing issues with dialogue and events (Cortana starts saying "Largest fleet" almost before the fleet has appeared on Delta Halo outro), and Hood's hesitation before he says "Green Light..." in the Metropolis outro has vanished (this does subtly change the scene actually).
The cutscenes are good overall though, and the addition of Another Day at the Beach is wonderful.

Omni

6KisK.jpg

QbjYofg.jpg

This is something I've been bummed about with Halo 5 too. Just having this massive iron sights/scope cover half the screen. This is what Booshka was saying earlier. Just to appease the CoD kids who'll never leave CoD and the moronic reviewers who need sprint and ADS for the 4 days they'll play before the leave the game and move on.

This is actually the least of my concerns for Halo 5. IIRC I've even suggested a cosmetic ADS several times in the past. Though I do have to wonder why they don't just make all the scopes holographic. Like just have it appear when you zoom in and be somewhat transparent... so you avoid this.

The shoehorned RDS on the BR bothers me a lot.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
http://i.imgur.com/6KisK.jpg[img]

[img] [url]http://i.imgur.com/QbjYofg.jpg[/url][img]

This is something I've been bummed about with Halo 5 too. Just having this massive iron sights/scope cover half the screen. This is what Booshka was saying earlier. Just to appease the CoD kids who'll never leave CoD and the moronic reviewers who need sprint and ADS for the 4 days they'll play before the leave the game and move on.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that scope in particular really bothers me. I'm cool with the other ones we've seen, though.

[quote="Rev3rb, post: 138731125"]I'll be on tonight for customs. Looking forward to playing more "YYYY"[/QUOTE]
Or as I like to call it: whyyyyyyyy

Madness

got the refund, xbox one returned next week

maybe I'll see ya'll in December/January, maybe not

*shrugs* Halo

Probably a smart idea. Others won't agree but the only reason to get Xbox One was for Halo, if it's not working, you don't really have much use for the console. I feel like doing the same, but as I'd already gotten it so discounted, and the fact that when it works, it's great, I'm going to hang onto it.

Hopefully see you back soon. At least after this, the game will be easy to find used on Craigslist or Gamestop after trade ins etc.

Pretty worrying that a lot of Halo fans are asking for refunds or returning the game, imagine what people new to the series are thinking/doing.

jem0208

This is actually the least of my concerns for Halo 5. IIRC I've even suggested a cosmetic ADS several times in the past. Though I do have to wonder why they don't just make all the scopes holographic. Like just have it appear when you zoom in and be somewhat transparent... so you avoid this.

I actually quite like the look of the RDS on the BR. I wish they'd make it so it looked more integrated with the rifle rather than an attachment though.

I really like how it doesn't actually connect at the top.

The new BR is ugly as sin.

giphy.gif

Omni

I actually quite like the look of the RDS on the BR. I wish they'd make it so it looked more integrated with the rifle rather than an attachment though.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "you can customise your weapons" bomb for every other game mode that isn't the single Arena playlist at launch. I look at that BR and that's all I see here.

belushy

Banned

I actually like the RDS, too. I don't like it more then the scope, but I don't think it looks that bad.

Woorloog

Banned
I like the look of Halo 5 BR, the RDS aside (prefer boxy scope). Also the sound isn't good.
The new sword (the special one?) is great looking as well, though it takes too much space on the screen.
The SMG looks really meh, but then so does the Halo 2 Anniversary one (the Halo 2 MP Anniversary SMG looks good).

Computer

My guess would be there are unlockable scope attachments that are just cosmetic. Maybe they will have a scope that makes it look like default Halo.

darthbob

Honestly, these guys really dropped the fucking ball with the UI. It kinda just looks okay and that's it. I still am annoyed that not everything lines up like it should and the roster is literally just tacked on, though.

Functionally? It's pretty awful.

Has that studio done anything this big before? Can't open that link here

They developed Sleeping Dogs, and the HD port of Tomb Raider for the Xbone.

Woorloog

Banned
My guess would be there are unlockable scope attachments that are just cosmetic. Maybe they will have a scope that makes it look like default Halo.

That's what i figure. I mean, with ADS, they're a very logical extension to the armor customization, they're highly visible customization options.
As long as they're purely cosmetic, they don't matter unless some options offer better visibility compared to others.

jem0208

I've been saying we should have cosmetic customisation of weapons for ages. The skins in 4 were awesome. Stuff like scopes, putting your emblem on the weapon etc. would be great.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "you can customise your weapons" bomb for every other game mode that isn't the single Arena playlist at launch. I look at that BR and that's all I see here.
Yeah, I am a bit worried they're going to drop that on us at some point. I don't think it would be that bad if it was only for social and non-competitive playlists. If they were to implement it, I'd only want side-grade customisation, no straight up improvements with no penalties.

I'd still rather they didn't.

Impala26

I may be able to hop on and do Customs tonight around 10pm EST or a little later. We'll find out. Who should I friend request to get in on this if I'm available?

Message/Look up either me (GT: Impala26) or Mix (GT: MIXMASTERCHLEF). Yes Mix's GT is spelled that way, lol.

And Jem, we'll try to arrange something this weekend earlier in the day so that UK folks can play together with stateside folks.

:)

Rev3rb

Update:

11.13 1:28PM Update
We are aware that while some users are reporting improved Matchmaking experiences, many users have not seen an improvement. As a result, we are temporarily moving to a limited playlist layout that will allow for players to find games faster.

We’ll temporarily be removing the following playlists:
Team Hardcore
Rumble Pit
Halo 4
SWAT (rotational)

The updated playlist layout will be:
Team Halo 2: Anniversary
Halo Championship Series
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Halo 2 Classic
Halo 3

This concentrated playlist layout will allow players to get into matches faster, and improve overall match times. While we anticipate that concentrating our players into fewer playlists will have an effect on match times, it will not solve all Matchmaking issues. We are currently investigating CUs and server side tweaks over the next week to address matchmaking issues. To read more, see our latest update here: Additionally, we have a Content Update going live tomorrow that will address fixes for scoring and stats. This update does not include in-progress Matchmaking fixes, outside of a minor fix for team skill matching. The patch notes from this update will be posted tomorrow morning when the update goes live. For more info, see the latest update from the team: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...te/10e177f9-50ce-4c73-95bf-bbadd2cc6fe7/posts
Lastly, back-end data is showing that the majority of successful Matchmaking matches are found within 2-4 minutes of searching. When searching, if you do not find a match within 5 minutes, please return to lobby and restart the search, as this will reset the search parameters and increase the likelihood of finding a match within the aforementioned range.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to post regular updates as we work to deliver fixes.

Fracas

#fuckonami
^As a long-term player I like that, but man this would look just awful to a casual person that just picked the MCC up.

Omni

"see you in a week"

(not trying to be salty. Nice that they've addressed this so quickly and are working on a fix)

Madness

^As a long-term player I like that, but man this would look just awful to a casual person that just picked the MCC up.

Even to long term Halo fans it's nothing to cheer about. My eyes registered one simple thing in that update, "over the next week". This seems like it's a much bigger problem than anticipated and it seems it'll easily go longer than this week and the next to fix. That's inexcusable.

Mix

Anyone else having a problem where the Halo Channel will force quit when trying to collect the terminal on Gravemind? It won't play it from in game and when I try to view it in the Halo Channel it tells me I still have to find it.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Please let me know if things are improving for you all with these latest updates.
Ill do my best to stopwatch my matches and see how long it takes and record results and paste them here, after i get off work today.

Infact, if everyo e has a smartphone, you shod ha e a stop watch, try timing your matches and jot them down on paper, and paste the data here, wod be intereti g to see results, as well as your locale.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After reading Dan's press release, this shit may continue well into next week. This is bad.
That shouldn't be surprising considering how deeply broken the game is.

lol, the game just kicked me to the dashboard as I was typing this

jem0208

Message/Look up either me (GT: Impala26) or Mix (GT: MIXMASTERCHLEF). Yes Mix's GT is spelled that way, lol.

And Jem, we'll try to arrange something this weekend earlier in the day so that UK folks can play together with stateside folks.

:)

Awesome, it'll be really good to actually consistently play. I will warn you though, I am rusty.

Omni

Ill do my best to stopwatch my matches and see how long it takes and record results and paste them here, after i get off work today.

Infact, if everyo e has a smartphone, you shod ha e a stop watch, try timing your matches and jot them down on paper, and paste the data here, wod be intereti g to see results, as well as your locale.
tumblr_n0fxrraj311rg3383o1_500.gif

Madness

That's a smart idea. Post your location too. Just in case it's worse in UK, or etc. I'll stopwatch from the time it takes to click search to the time it takes for match to load start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom