• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot people are bugging about MM, but I'm curious: are the campaigns running well in solo and co-op?
Played through CE solo and didn't run into any serious issues. There are some weird audio glitches that I don't remember from anniversary on 360 and at one point I was on 343 Guilty Spark but when I quit and came back the game skipped over that mission and brought me to the library. Most recently I was doing a co op play through and we didn't run into any problems, although actually joining each other beforehand was a pain.

What playlist is everyone going on? We're sat as a group of 4, and we've been waiting for other 10 minutes now in H2:A.

Any HaloGAF people want to play a team of 4 for some competitive customs?

Message me on XBL if you have a team that wants to play.

Madness

Frank/Tashi:

Team H2A: 4 minutes 23 seconds no match
Team Slayer: 4 minutes 5 seconds no match
Big Team Battle: 4 minutes 8 seconds no match
Team Halo 2 Classic: 4 minutes 3 seconds no match.

Nothing has improved for me. I'm sorry that's all I can stomach right now. Even the menu music is now irritating.

#WeSearching...

Frank/Tashi:

Team H2A: 4 minutes 23 seconds no match
Team Slayer: 4 minutes 5 seconds no match
Big Team Battle: 4 minutes 8 seconds no match
Team Halo 2 Classic: 4 minutes 3 seconds no match.

Nothing has improved for me. I'm sorry that's all I can stomach right now. Even the menu music is now irritating.

#WeSearching...

UK?

Omni

Is there a reason why we're posting search times? I thought we were just being sarcastic... Obviously 343i has the tools to find out how long people are searching for. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to report on it in the update.

Seems just as useful to say "a long fucking time", no?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After playing H2 and H2A, Halo 3 MP feels so terrible. I'd rather play Halo 4.

jem0208

Is there a reason why we're posting search times? I thought we were just being sarcastic... Obviously 343i has the tools to find out how long people are searching for. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to report on it in the update.

Seems just as useful to say "a long fucking time", no?

I was doing it more out of curiosity really. Bit boring staring at "Searching for player"

Madness

Nope, beautiful British Columbia Canada.

I don't know, Rosso does have a point. They have the tools to see that we can't search etc. But Frank said it'd be nice if people posted anecdotes of what's working and what's not and Tashi did say he's scouring the Internet seeing what people are saying. Just gives them some kind of reference no?

Defect

This guy in my game is talking about how CE was unbalanced and broken. He also said that there were button combos. I never heard this before. I tried to explain how the pistol is not overpowered but he just doesn't get it.

Halo 1 4v4 is just absolute chaos, awful spawns on small maps. Halo 2 4v4 is great if you get BR starts. Halo 3 4v4 is amazing, given a good connection. Standoff is one of the best maps in the series.

Bungie really just kept getting better until Reach came out.

Halo CE was always better for 2v2s where as Halo 2 was the best for 4v4s.

I hated Standoff. So many games ended up over after the first 15 kills or so due to one team gaining control of the laser. The laser enabled a team to use their warthog and once they have that rockets are easy to get. The only hope is for the opposing team to somehow gain control of camo. A lot of games ended with a 25 kill difference.

MaGlock

Halo 1 4v4 is insane but I love it. Got a killtac and a few triples in the games I've played. When your on with the pistols and catching some nice nades it's the best feeling

This guy in my game is talking about how CE was unbalanced and broken. He also said that there were button combos. I never heard this before. I tried to explain how the pistol is not overpowered but he just doesn't get it.

Bad kids will never understand it breh

A FUNKNOWN developed CE:
Grenades don't actually cause damage when they explode, instead a shower a pistols fly everywhere.
"Palmer goes insurrectionist as she's fed up with her boyfriend, Capt. Lasky, continuing to defend Master Chief and saving Halsey.

You play as Agent Locke sent to take her out and everyone associated.

Meanwhile, an unexpected birth complicates things."
I'm the funknown train after last night's custom. Combat Evolved 2 needs to be a thing.
All of this sounds so hawt.
I don't like H2A BR. It's just strange. Kinda like H2C BR
(=OP as fuck)
but not as responsive or fun to use.
I'm not sure if I like how it sounds either.. Need more time with it.
F0HodXt.png

I'm wondering how they are calculating the damage dealt stat. If it is overall damage, or just damage that resulted in a kill, whether or not you scored the kill. Shadowrun goes with the latter calculation, so a lot of the time, the Damage dealt stat gives more information than just how many kills you got.
So glad to see shots fired / hit % back. Two of the most important stats finally return.
After playing H2 and H2A, Halo 3 MP feels so terrible. I'd rather play Halo 4.
The BR is painful, but it's at least better than it was in 2007 with that netcode lol. Had some fun on the few Halo 3 games I've had.

antigoon

once you have that scrub mentality it's hard to shake bruh

Aw hell nah!

Halo 3 feels/looks so damn good. So glad to have it back.

I always played MLG because of 3 reasons. The movement speed was slightly increased to Halo 2 levels, the radar was turned off, and the br starts. The reason why I like the radar turned off is because it promotes movement around the map. You can sneak up on teams from behind and it prevents campers from being effective. Players with shotguns crouch and the radar tells them when there is a player coming from behind, front, or sides. It's a huge advantage having a power weapon and a radar.

Madness

What playlist are you guys doing? Just wasted the past 50 minutes trying to get into anything. Not working, even Halo 2 Classic. I'm actually starting to get choked now.

Woorloog

Banned

He is probably mixing it with Halo 2, when it comes to button combos. I mean, both games are decade+ old, so mixing them up is easy for someone who hasn't played Halo for long enough.

My issue with CE is that most weapons feel underpowered next to the pistol. I'm the guy who prefers action up-close, AR charges, smartly executed, no mere run-forward-firing-and-die most seem to be doing with automatics. Though i have to admit usefulness of these is largely tied to map design, and as i'm a BTB player, i often play(ed) on bigger maps where the AR and other non-Pistol weapons lost effectiveness, but this is fault of the bad maps more so than the specific stats of the weapons. EDIT Seriously, in retrospect, Halo PC's BTB maps weren't that great, they were clearly designed for heavy vehicle use. Ice Fields was probably the best, with significant amount of cover.

And i never cared for Halo CE's pistol acting like a rifle. I admire the fact it is useful weapon, compared to many other games' pistols (usually pointless emergency weapons and they perform that role poorly usually). I like useful pistols but their role should not be that of a rifle (Reach beta did get close to good balance, with the DMR being long range weapon and the pistol was powerful close range utility weapon).

I admire the simplicity of Halo CE's sandbox, each weapon is largely unique with clear purpose, though i think it is too small a sandbox as well, it lacks some brilliant and/or simply fun weapons like Brute Shots, Carbine, Pro-Pipe.

Tell him that the key is to consider the CE pistol as the game's sole utility weapon. All others are either niche or power.

So I'd like to have a bunch of people over this weekend and play split-screen, likely system link.

How do I system link two consoles?

Which games are playable in split screen? Which games are unplayable?

MaGlock

Damn, this game is just so much fun when you can actually play...

When it works it's the best thing of all time.

I might have missed it but what's the concensus on what we've seen of the halo 5 beta? I'm cautious on a few things (AR and SMG effectiveness chief among them) but looking forward to trying it

MouldyK

Found my first game today:

- Was 1 Flag H2 on Terminal.

- 5 vs 5.

- We won, but the other team ended up with 2 players at the end.

- ...i'm counting it as they were sick of being killed by my team-mates. My 7 kills and 7 deaths mighta helped.

-...but they probably crashed.

Madness

Keep in mind killtacular is 4 and a fortuitous spawn at the end but 4 non the less

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...eezy&vid=cc4d3edc-df88-4a37-94eb-f5bef03a15e3

Thanks. Yeah I just wanted to see it. Most CE content on the Web is now nearly a decade old etc. Seeing great new CE clips is always fun.

On a related note, after 3 minutes 42 seconds of searching was put in a Halo 2 Anniversary Lockout 4v3 match where the guys on the other team are somehow ranked 9 and I'm rank 1. I'm going to give it another day. I'm really not enjoying this at all. I'd rather not play than have to go through this. Just killed all the hype and momentum for me.

Why even have the HCS championship playlist up still when the matchmaking is barely functioning.

jem0208

When it works it's the best thing of all time.

I might have missed it but what's the concensus on what we've seen of the halo 5 beta? I'm cautious on a few things (AR and SMG effectiveness chief among them) but looking forward to trying it

It really is, would be my GOTY if it weren't for the matchmaking issues. If they get it fixed soon then it still will be.

Surprisingly, the general consensus is actually quite positive.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Does the ads in h5 actually slow down your aim? If it does not, then its purely cosmetic. If it does slow down your aim, the its an intentionally accessibility thing.

Fact, its harder to aim in halo ce thru h4 than any cod game. The moment ads comes i to play, aimi g becomes god awfully easy.

So I'd like to have a bunch of people over this weekend and play split-screen, likely system link.

How do I system link two consoles?

Which games are playable in split screen? Which games are unplayable?
I don't know of anyone who has done it yet. Maybe try HBO or the Waypoint forums?
Maybe Tashi or someone from 343 can shed light on how it works?

willow ve

6KisK.jpg

QbjYofg.jpg

This is something I've been bummed about with Halo 5 too. Just having this massive iron sights/scope cover half the screen. This is what Booshka was saying earlier. Just to appease the CoD kids who'll never leave CoD and the moronic reviewers who need sprint and ADS for the 4 days they'll play before the leave the game and move on.

This comparison needs to be on every single page.
ADS is not functionally the same - it's also not something Halo needs.

Please let me know if things are improving for you all with these latest updates.

Started up MM in Big Team, got a match in approximately 1-2 minutes, which was great.
Dropped into the game to discover it was 5v4 and my party was split.

Game ended and we were almost immediately thrown into another game with the remaining people from game 1. This time teams were 4v3 but I wasn't party split...so that's good. At the end of the game MCC froze and I called it a night.

So matchmaking times are vastly improved for me, but the quality of everything else is still bad. Keep at it. Thanks for busting your ass on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom