• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I'm honestly starting to think people are making shit up in the MCC thread just to shit on the game. I can't believe that there are such vastly different experiences going on between some of the posters in there.

/short rant

clav

I'm honestly starting to think people are making shit up in the MCC thread just to shit on the game. I can't believe that there are such vastly different experiences going on between some of the posters in there.

/short rant

There are some in this thread who are shitting on it and don't even own the game.

clav

I complained about Destiny's DLC practices, having not purchased the DLC, is that bad?

Didn't play Destiny after the beta, so I can't make a fair comparison.

The games do work, but they're not on dedicated servers so your experience may vary.

I think some people who have decent games are hosting them.

Do you really have to own a game to make fun of it for being fundamentally broken?

No, but I think there is borderline trolling in a community OT thread.

Some don't even own the console.

Ramirez

/short rant

lol, no one is making shit up with this game.

VinFTW

Can't say I really blame them.

Now that's bullshit.

Xbox One is a solid system. Can't say I regret playing FH2 and SO.

edit: despite biases or preferences.. the game is very flawed guys. Sure, there's plenty of hyperbole going around, but let's not play God on which complaints are real and which aren't.

If people are frustrated they have a right to be. Some people can deal with it for the sake of enjoying their favorite franchise. No judgement should be cast in either direction.

clav

Can't say I really blame them.

I suppose if they only view Xbox as a Halo box.

Game is in beta state. That I can admit. It's like the game is in Windows Consumer Preview mode.

A lot of us are disappointed, but when the stars line up in those few moments, we do have a great time.

Madness

In games emblems and logos are still pretty broken. Just earlier instead of 3v3 the match became 4v2, as for the rest there is still crashes and poor team management. I don't think anyone would necessarily lie. I mean on days it worked fine for me, it was broken for others. Other times people saying it's working perfectly and I can barely find a match. The game is much better that's for sure, but there is still a lot that needs to be done.

I haven't tried joining or playing with a party, so I don't know how much the roster stuff is fixed.

Blueblur1

I can't really see why anyone would want to tune in and support a tournament for a game that barely works a month after release. Shouldn't promote a product that isn't close to 100%, IMO.

I'm amazed they even bother with the bulletin. They're still making their weekly 10 minute fluff piece when they're flagship 2014 game isn't even working properly.

VinFTW

I'm amazed they even bother with the bulletin. They're still making their weekly 10 minute fluff piece when they're flagship 2014 game isn't even working properly.

I think damned if they do and damned if they don't, especially when their patches have largely been band-aid fixes.

The complaints would then be: wtf, 343 is so silent, they don't say anything and what happened to the bulletin? etc

Better than complete and total silence. Can't blame them for trying at least. Been averaging a major patch a week (despite them not really doing TOO much).

Blueblur1

Pretty sure the community guys that make the bulletin have nearly nothing to do with the game.

True. Personally, I would cool it on the self-promotion when my company just delivered a project that still isn't working though.

I think damned if they do and damned if they don't, especially when their patches have largely been band-aid fixes.

The complaints would then be: wtf, 343 is so silent, they don't say anything and what happened to the bulletin? etc

Better than complete and total silence. Can't blame them for trying at least. Been averaging a major patch a week (despite them not really doing TOO much).

I don't mean for them to be silent; they should definitely continue to talk about updates being made to MCC. But just as with the tournament I think its not right for them to be making promotional videos when the larger problem is still present.

Talka

So, this game is still a broken piece of shit, right? I haven't been following any recent developments, but I tried to do some split-screen single-player and multi-player over the weekend. Half my single-player games either froze while loading or glitched out mid-playthrough, and each multiplayer game took ~6 minutes to find a party and then had maybe a 50% failure rate.

This is a month after launch. How did they launch the game in such a broken state? How have they not fixed things yet? How have they been so uncommunicative throughout this process? How have they so utterly failed to manage this fallout or make even a half-hearted gesture to make things right?

I am 100% soured on the Halo franchise. Halo 5 was an absolute sure-thing pre-order for me, and there's just no way in hell I'm giving this franchise any more money after this. Such a complete clusterfuck on every front.

And shame on all the reviewers that have this sitting at 86% on Metacritic.

Madness

Probably want to deflect as much attention from the launch in the lead up to Halo 5 beta as much as possible. Watch how the PR kicks into high gear and most sites still praise what they tried to achieve with MCC and how sorry 343 is, and how they're working around the clock fixing it and how it'll be better for next time.

There were one or two slurpers who kind of jumped on me when I said that it was feeling like they over promised and under delivered in the lead up to MCC launch, especially when I heard no CE playlist. It definitely feels like that now. We're almost 1 month and 1 week from launch.

clav

Probably want to deflect as much attention from the launch in the lead up to Halo 5 beta as much as possible. Watch how the PR kicks into high gear and most sites still praise what they tried to achieve with MCC and how sorry 343 is, and how they're working around the clock fixing it and how it'll be better for next time.

There were one or two slurpers who kind of jumped on me when I said that it was feeling like they over promised and under delivered in the lead up to MCC launch, especially when I heard no CE playlist. It definitely feels like that now. We're almost 1 month and 1 week from launch.

There was also a lot of silence on online play interaction beforehand. I remember asking about it, and no one responded every time I posted about it.

Apparently people are still trying to play the MCC.

giphy.gif

Halo isn't Goku everyone. You can't expect it to come back to life.

Halo 3 has probably been the most intense matches for me so far. Even teams, no lag, things like BR's on Standoff, Team BR's orbital etc. Halo 2 classic has probably been the worst for me in this collection. Maybe I just need more time to get into it. Halo 4 is whatever. It's in so few playlists, I think I've had maybe two matches so far.

Orbital and Standoff? That sounds horrible.

Madness

Orbital and Standoff? That sounds horrible.

Yeah it does especially Orbital, hated that map back in the day. But for some reason the teams were halfway decent and with BR starts it got hectic pretty quickly. Can't explain it. Halo 3 with slightly faster movement, strafe speed and better netcode and toning down of equipment could play so much better. BR a little wonky and takes a bit to get used to again.

If I had to rank enjoyment so far in this collection, anecdotally, would be CE>3>H2A>Halo 4>Halo 2.

I feel like I'm the only one who dislikes Halo 3's MP.

Everything just feels off.

Ur definitely not alone. It's got really odd aim acceleration, movement speed is slow, the FoV feels horrible and the maps are at average at best besides a select few. Most of the equipment is stupid.

The BR without hitscan can be really bad, sometimes I feel like I'm fighting the game more than the opponents in Halo 3. Then the game can also feel great, hopefully dedicated servers alleviates these problems.

The BR without hitscan can be really bad, sometimes I feel like I'm fighting the game more than the opponents in Halo 3.

Oh yes, without dedis and solid regional matching it can be a real shit show. I just can't match players in H2Classic or BTB really so I go H3 playlist solo to get some games. Even still it's crashing out of games, ill-matching, tons of quitters and...

Gems like the end of this clip

It's quite sad as I had friends from H2 or H3 days back online around launch and easy parties of 4-12 people. Now it's quite a wasteland on the ol'friends list playing MCC. If it gets working and playlists improve to enable us to actually play what we want guaranteed then at least 5-10 of will play consistently but for now it's all Destiny this or The Crew that :(

CliQ

So not only does Halo:CE play a hell of a lot better online they also fixed it for custom games. I think the Throdown this weekend will be BG CTF with this new hotness. I'm so pumped right now!

ultimota

Apparently people are still trying to play the MCC.

giphy.gif

Halo isn't Goku everyone. You can't expect it to come back to life.

trying? i'm succeeding MM works 90% of the times for me (just not the H2C playlist or BTB :()

Goku always takes a while to come back anyways so keep the faith ;D

Chitown B

Does Theater in H3 not work? when I go to save a clip there is an option to Save Film to Game DVR. So I do that, and it goes to Preview it instead. I keep doing it, and always preview again. No save. So then I go to Game DVR and it's not there.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"MULTIPLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED
The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox LIVE settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox LIVE account and your Family Settings are turned off."

How does each update fuck something up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"MULTIPLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED
The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox LIVE settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox LIVE account and your Family Settings are turned off."

How does each update fuck something up.

I've hard resetted like 50 times and I still can't get rid of this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom