• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

I love how the only games I get are 3v4. Especially in objective gametypes. Either that or the latency is horrendous

Anyone having any luck in BTB? Surely it must be a population thing, right? 'cause I still can't find games in that playlist.

Chitown B

I love how the only games I get are 3v4. Especially in objective gametypes. Either that or the latency is horrendous

Anyone having any luck in BTB? Surely it must be a population thing, right? 'cause I still can't find games in that playlist.

yup. just got a full 16 player game. Got a laser spree on Sand Trap H3.

Madness

Yeah it's working surprisingly well aside from a few hiccups every now and then. I wish they'd just release all the playlists already, and give a breakdown on what the problem was, why it took a month to basically tackle.

Deception

Omg CE post patch is amazing. The first game I've played yet where I actually felt like my shots were hitting properly.

Also 16 player koth on hang em high is ridiculous lol

I've reading far too much positivity this last page...did the new patch fix shit?

Can I just play Halo with my friends without having to sacrifice a cat on the altar of Microsoft or waiting for the stars to align for optimum matchmaking luck?

Does Theater in H3 not work? when I go to save a clip there is an option to Save Film to Game DVR. So I do that, and it goes to Preview it instead. I keep doing it, and always preview again. No save. So then I go to Game DVR and it's not there.

Just another bug, bud. A way around it is to watch the preview until the end then wait a few seconds; the clip recorded badge usually pops after that (not always though!). There's another bug in H3 theatre in which the reticle will not render in the final processed clip so you're better off watching the clip real time in the theatre then recording the last 30 seconds with the native DVR feature.

The Henery noooooooooooooooooooo

:(

'ButtMcfist' and 'Camelpiglet' lol

willow ve

Ur definitely not alone. It's got really odd aim acceleration, movement speed is slow, the FoV feels horrible and the maps are at average at best besides a select few. Most of the equipment is stupid.

To be fair, most of the equipment was removed from matchmaking. I think end of life variants only had bubble shield, shield regen, and shield drain - and those were only allowed on certain maps.

I think some of the BTB maps still had trip mine.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
EpXI5Fp.gif

The real Juices.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I managed to play three matches of Halo CE slayer this morning, in a row! Couldn't believe how quickly people voted for HCE when the voting came up.

Connection was buttery smooth too.

Now for a fun-filled day of work.

jem0208

Damn I've missed quite a lot this last few days.

I've missed HaloGAFs salty goodness.

So has the patch done anything? Or are we still stuck with bullshit?

Hey guys, to celebrate MCC being 5 weeks old I decided to bring back picture stories! This is from a single session Sunday night when I had 90 minutes to spare.

So while I wait five minutes for the game to find players in BTB, I thought I'd have a look at the stats of the last game I played from 5 days previous

Ouch, a 3v2 AR start One Flag game on Highground. Bad memories :(

But let's not dwell! I've found even teams on H2C Coag!

I mean 6v6 is too small for Coag but whatev's. Let's get set up with snipe on cliffsi..

Oh, dang it, the game booted a teammate before the game started. We promptly go on to lose 3-0. All teammates go neg bar one. Here are the stats

Time to search H3

Let's see if the experience improv...

Arrgh dang it! An all AR vote again! No democracy for you in December 2014, no Siree.

So I check the scoreboard

And not only did the game start my team a player down, the two present haven't mustered a single kill between them. Bummer.

Hey Canned Tomatae, you're supposed to shoot the other team, not me! Get booted.

So, I tried that game but -26 is a burden too heavy to carry

Ok, my MM experience hasn't been great so far, let's try BTB again, maybe we'll turn a corner

*Anything but slayer on harvest* *Anything but slayer on harvest* *Anything but slayer on harvest*

No! Anyway, what happened next was, a match of Halo 4 was played on the map Harvest. No one needs a picture of that.

Time to re-roll

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I thought these mixed playlists were supposed to be, er, mixed? For the record I've never seen an all H:CE votescreen or an all H2C votescreen or an all Halo 3 votescreen. Anyway, what happened next was, a 6v8 match of Halo 4 was played on the map Ragnorok. Here are the stats

Four teammates combine to go a hot neg thirty eight. I guess, much like dedicated servers, the new and improved Xbox One trueskill algorithm hasn't been turned on yet.

Luckily for me, two friends came on after that game. Searching BTB... ... ... ... ...

Ah, a mildly decent selection! Let's play Standoff.

Ah, Doh Hoh 343, you've done another whoopsie! AR starts don't go in BTB, silly billies!

Fuck this shit, let's go get killtacs in Hog's

----------------------------

All of these events are sequential from a single 90 minute play session; I haven't cherry picked the worst stuff (twitch rebroadcast can confirm). AR start gametypes being the vast majority of MM voting options are nothing to do with botched codes and outsourcing to 3rd parties. Dear 343, please sort it out. Fin.

DJ Gunner

The game ran much better early on last night- but later in the night, my party of 3 ran into multiple pre-game crashes, a Foundry BR Slayer that ended 17-14 (Moonman was in that game I think) and twice getting stuck on 7 out of 8 players and waiting over 4 minutes for the last to join.

Based on this and prior observations, I'm wondering if population load has a detrimental effect on everything. Game always seems to run better for me during times that less people should be playing.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
All of these events are sequential from a single 90 minute play session; I haven't cherry picked the worst stuff (twitch rebroadcast can confirm). AR start gametypes being the vast majority of MM voting options are nothing to do with botched codes and outsourcing to 3rd parties. Dear 343, please sort it out. Fin.

Amazing!

I don't get the infactuation with AR start games. Even with Halo 5's gameplay they have been showing...it's an AR start. Why??

Halo CE gives you the pistol secondary at least.

I can't support a game mode that gives respawning players a handicap off spawn. Not gonna do it.

AR starts in 2015

Its kinda amazing how that's really a thing that's gonna happen. Like, even after the community complains every.single.Halo.release to stop spawning players without a good precision weapon, they do it anyway, and then act like they're listening to the fans when they change it in about a year's time when they get around to updating the hoppers.

FyreWulff

AR starts in 2015

Its kinda amazing how that's really a thing that's gonna happen. Like, even after the community complains every.single.Halo.release to stop spawning players without a good precision weapon, they do it anyway, and then act like they're listening to the fans when they change it in about a year's time when they get around to updating the hoppers.

I still don't understand why Throwdown or whatever it was, was hyped as the giant hardcore playlist.. then debuted with AR starts

what.

dwells

Oh I'm about to look like a huge hypocrite but I love Moscow mules. I seem to just pretend it has anything other than vodka in them.

Thanks for the advice on the scotch! I'm off all week so I may as well give it a shot.
Hah, that's actually pretty amusing. And sure thing, enjoy!

I wouldn't read too much into that interview, or buy anything Bonnie isn't talking about. It seems directly like a piece the reporter wanted to write, and crafted a story around (whether or not the facts aligned.)
Agreed. Sadly this type of agenda-writing happens pretty often. People who do it have no business being in journalism. Go into journalism because you want to present the facts and objectively inform people, not to tint things in a manner that best suits your preconceptions. It's sad.

lol, no one is making shit up with this game.
Honestly, you can just make stuff up and with this game there's a good chance it'll be true. "Yeah, it crashed to to like a weird black screen with red text and then it crashed again and made my console make a screeching sound and stuff." Any other game that would sound like BS, but those are actual common issues here.

True. Personally, I would cool it on the self-promotion when my company just delivered a project that still isn't working though.
No goddamn kidding. That pisses me off to no end. It's like Microsoft are plugging their ears and going "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU GO BUY HALO" regarding the major issues with the game. Shows they don't give a damn about their consumers.

Watch how the PR kicks into high gear and most sites still praise what they tried to achieve with MCC and how sorry 343 is, and how they're working around the clock fixing it and how it'll be better for next time.
None of the sites are going to call 343i out on the nonsense. One or tow might pretend to and then immediately revert back to praise, but no major outlet is going to really say anything. Gotta keep that cash influx healthy.

I feel like I'm the only one who dislikes Halo 3's MP.

Everything just feels off.
I'm there with you. I'd rather play post-TU Reach. The aiming feels bad, the movement feels bad, the shot registration feels bad. I don't feel "connected" to the game at all, it's almost as if it's input laggy. Add the non-hitscan BR and its spread in, and I have no confidence in my shots. Every time I land a shot on someone, I feel like I have no way of knowing whether the whole burst or just one round hit the target.

On the other end of the spectrum, Halo 2 definitely wins best in franchise for responsiveness and immediacy. It goes a long way for me in contributing to my love of that game. Everything feels so connected and sharp.

I still don't understand why Throwdown or whatever it was, was hyped as the giant hardcore playlist.. then debuted with AR starts

what.

"Halo 5 Arena is a very competitive focused mode"

"esports esports esports"

"a team of pro Halo players playtest every day"

"eeeeeeeesports"

*AR Starts*

TTUVAPOR

Banned

"eeeeeeeesports"

*AR Starts*

Yeah, that's a crock of shit.

I'm so glad I'm not a pro Halo player doing the play testing or doing these demo matches, I'd cringe at the AR starts. I just simply will not play it. I will always quit out if it's not a BR start game.

dwells

"eeeeeeeesports"

*AR Starts*
They still think we're some weird minority who are perverting Halo away from their vision. "We" being people who don't want to play the game with a useless starting weapon and get absolutely slaughtered if a competent team gets a better spawn wave and establishes an inkling of map control.

The eSports is there to keep us at bay and build hype. They'd be running Halo 1 style with Plasma Pistol spawns otherwise. It's what happens when all the developers are bad at the game, none of them seem to understand the fundamentals for balanced, effective gameplay. Sounds harsh, but how else do you explain GOD DAMN PLASMA RIFLE STARTS ON MIDSHIP STILL. I MEAN REALLY.

...ahem, sorry about that. But for real. That and SMG spawns on Ascension - one of the single worst game types and maps in any Halo game ever.

I'm so glad I'm not a pro Halo player doing the play testing or doing these demo matches, I'd cringe at the AR starts. I just simply will not play it. I will always quit out if it's not a BR start game.
Oh god, that would be great to be on the pro team.

"Hey why'd you drop out, build issues?"

"Nah, AR starts are for scrubs and I ain't playing that."

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Oh god, that would be great to be on the pro team.

"Hey why'd you drop out, build issues?"

"Nah, AR starts are for scrubs and I ain't playing that."

LOL! Yeah, unless they're paying me $100 an hour...no way would I put myself through that torture.

It's like being forced to play Up is Up and Down is Down...I play inverted...no way am I going to conform!

dwells

It's like being forced to play Up is Up and Down is Down...I play inverted...no way am I going to conform!
Wow, I think I just found the only other competitive player who plays inverted. It really feels like there's no one else.

I don't think I could ever switch, either. Goldeneye habits die hard.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Wow, I think I just found the only other competitive player who plays inverted. It really feels like there's no one else.

I don't think I could ever switch, either. Goldeneye habits die hard.

I also play with the arrows on the keyboard for Quake, CS, and basically any FPS.

Delete, end, pagedown are my reload/buy menu keys.

My jump is on my mouse thumb button.

My prone is on the other mouse thumb button.

Right Ctrl is my crouch.

:) Been doing this since Half-life in 1998.

Impala26

Get out of our game, you fuck!

You are in our game. Stahp

No furries in our lobby pls.

Meeeee on my other account...????

MCC working well?

Will play a few more games, but seems promising so far.

10 outta 10... Would HaloGAF again.

Good game night fellas, totes made my only 3 hours of sleep before work worth it!
:-D

Mdot

Played only two games last night, but both ran well. I got absolutely annihilated in one and then handed out the annihilation in the other. But they did run smoothly and matchmaking was fast.

AR starts in 2015

Thing is, I don't expect to play BR start every single game. I've seen enough posts on gaming side to convince me that there do indeed exist players that would rather everybody spawn with an AR. My point is that there has to be the option to vote on a BR start, every single game. If I go to the polling booth and there's only one party to vote for, that holds all the democratic principles of Sadam Hussein's Iraq.

In the H3 playlist, 66% of any one voting screen will be ALWAYS be offering an AR start gametype. Roughly half of the time a BR start option will not even be offered. 1 in 6 chance of a BR start over two matches. And still... posters on gaming side complain that all anyone ever votes for is BR starts. In my experience, when a BR start is presented, the votes dogpile onto it. So that means, generally, that more than 1 in 6 people want to play Br's, right? Yeah... 343 see's that and goes and reduces the weighting of BR starts in the last server side update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqE2oiiiruI

Chitown B

Just another bug, bud. A way around it is to watch the preview until the end then wait a few seconds; the clip recorded badge usually pops after that (not always though!). There's another bug in H3 theatre in which the reticle will not render in the final processed clip so you're better off watching the clip real time in the theatre then recording the last 30 seconds with the native DVR feature.

yeah I noticed the reticle thing too. seriously wtf.

I needed at least 60 seconds, but I had to settle for the last 30.

Akai__

Even if Team BR's is voted... Some people still switch to the AR and are spraying bullets from long distances. It's hilarious.

Madness

There is quite a lot of people who are anti-ice cold beer these days, especially with the craft beer market. A lot say that it lessens the taste, commercial makers use the cold temperatures to mask their poor taste.

I like my beer chilled in the fridge, and then left out for a little while on the counter before serving/drinking.

Ive been playing through H2A campaign. The first half of the game wasnt bad. The second half? Ugh.. a bunch of dark drab levels. i could never see the intended paths that i was supposed to take clearly. Kept causing me to miss par times. Thats more fault on the original level design and less to do with the H2A revamped look. And even on easy the brutes were taking several shots and melees to take down. Just reinforcing why halo 2's campaign is still at the bottom of my campaign rankings and only just ahead of Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom