• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for someone to THRUST away from a Ground Pound in one of these vids. Bunch of SCRUBS.

I know Frank must be thinking this too, "None of these losers understand you have THRUSTERS.. I'll wait for UNKNOWN to spew truth bombs on these fools."

I got you.
H5 Beta code?
<3

jem0208

Dimensional Separation

Forward positioning

Pro: Gain advantageous positions
Con: Expose flanks

Lateral strafing

Pro: Harder to hit
Con: Remain in one area

Upward jumping

Pro: New available paths
Con: Vulnerable transition

Don't we have enough trade offs already?
What is wrong with trade offs?

I assume you're talking about sprint again, and whilst I can see the point behind some of the complaints people make against it. I really don't understand this trade off complaint.

Also, I hope you realise that almost everything has trade offs. That's how balancing works. The BR deals out more damage per shot than the AR but has a much slower fire rate. Crouching reduces your size and removes you from radar but reduces your speed. Everything has a trade off of some kind, it's how balancing works.

Cow

Looking at that ground pound, the sprinting, everyone dashing everywhere, the constant chatter, clambering, aim down sights (even if it is just an animation)... that's just not Halo. Thanks 343.

dwells

>tfw Halo 1 pistol actually works well enough to triple kill scrubs

>tfw matching FUNKNOWN and crushing his team of randoms

EvORU9o.jpg

Just kidding, good game man. Your teammates were just letting me have top control and I was enjoying it, haha. I'm just shocked to have played against someone from HaloGAF, it's the first time I've seen any of you guys.

Looking at that ground pound, the sprinting, everyone dashing everywhere, the constant chatter, clambering, aim down sights (even if it is just an animation)... that's just not Halo. Thanks 343.
That's why I'm almost giving up on Halo.

But I'm still interested to see what 343i will do with the beta feedback.

Still waiting for someone to THRUST away from a Ground Pound in one of these vids. Bunch of SCRUBS.

I know Frank must be thinking this too, "None of these losers understand you have THRUSTERS.. I'll wait for UNKNOWN to spew truth bombs on these fools."

I got you.
H5 Beta code?
<3

What if there's no radar and you're back is turned against the player?

rest in rip

dwells

You should watch my stream and see what I was talking about/doing during this match lol

Hit me up for some Custom Games. Meteor never played CE before and I was afc for some of that match as I was eating a hot dog.

I'll have to hit you up sometime when I can actually get on mic and focus for a game. I've got this whole loft with an open floor plan thing going on which is really cool, but it also means that there's no quiet place for my girlfriend to go study and no way for me to talk when she's asleep without waking her up. Lots of gaming with headphones and no mic for me. :(

Or you could notice them speeding towards you and thruster out of the way and proceed to kill them because they left themselves completely vulnerable.
this is a pretty dumb post. it isn't always going to be predictable and what happens when you get pounded on (lol) from above as you didn't expect nor seen it before? /dad

What if there's no radar and you're back is turned against the player?

rest in rip
I try to make sure my back is always in a position where I know for certain the enemy isn't there (ie: walls, teammates behind me, etc.), so I don't think it would be so bad.

EDIT:
I'll have to hit you up sometime when I can actually get on mic and focus for a game. I've got this whole loft with an open floor plan thing going on which is really cool, but it also means that there's no quiet place for my girlfriend to go study and no way for me to talk when she's asleep without waking her up. Lots of gaming with headphones and no mic for me. :(
No problem about the mic, you can join and play with us if you want.

I try to make sure my back is always in a position where I know for certain the enemy isn't there (ie: walls, teammates behind me, etc.), so I don't think it would be so bad.

Breh, even pro teams with god like communication have players sneak behind them at times.

What about objective game types?

rest in rip

I'm surprised at how open the maps are. Yeah, I get they have to account for sprint and all, but I feel like I haven't seen truly open maps in Halo multi since, like, Halo 2. With Halo 3 they started taking out a bunch of sightlines for whatever reason.

RowdyReverb

I got you.
H5 Beta code?
<3

Technically, all the footage we've seen has been from H5 noobs. I look forward to seeing how people play in the last week of the beta.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I just did an edit. Interesting change. Wonder what the trade off will be.

No idea what the tradeoff would be, but I think the change to the firing might be acquiescing to reality. Despite the fact that scoped-in the LR was the fastest kill time, no one used it, compounded by the fact that there was no ammo for it on the map (since people weren't using it.)

I think 343's attempt to get people to use alien weapons by making them more conventional ultimately didn't work.

Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying that it might not be a huge problem.

Yeah I doubt it will happen all the time, but it must be a frustrating way to die. It will happen a lot more in objective game types where you're running the flag or trying to plant the bomb and all the chaos that comes with trying to score.

H1 pistol definitely working lol. From earlier in my stream

http://youtu.be/ugkKKVijYdM

Ogre 2 was playing CE and he thinks shooting is much easier to shoot now compared to normal CE perhaps due to hitbox changes to compensate for lag.

Yeah I doubt it will happen all the time, but it must be a frustrating way to die. It will happen a lot more in objective game types where you're running the flag or trying to plant the bomb and all the chaos that comes with trying to score.
Speaking of Objectives, this is why I think it's important that the carrier runs faster than normal.

That gun is OP. Should be a power weapon that spawns every 3 minutes.

It's not, he was just playing really bad players. One of the players (his teammate) opted to use the AR from a range he shouldn't use it at, and a couple of others missed so many shots. They also could easily have thrown grenades which are much more powerful in CE.

Ogre 2 was playing CE and he thinks shooting is much easier to shoot now compared to normal CE perhaps due to hitbox changes to compensate for lag.

Really? That's a bit of a shame but obviously far more preferable to what we had before, which was unplayable. It did feel easy earlier, I played three games of CE and destroyed with ease in those matches.

Dimensional Separation

Forward positioning

Pro: Gain advantageous positions
Con: Expose flanks

Lateral strafing

Pro: Harder to hit
Con: Remain in one area

Upward jumping

Pro: New available paths
Con: Vulnerable transition

Don't we have enough trade offs already?

Are you an alt of that dude not named Wahrer that got banned for posting all sorts of fanwank conjecture about Halo sandbox flow and where it should go in the future including omnidirectional spatial holo-glides and shit?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Still think GP target should be set on initiation,
and moved off the fucking crouch button.

Madness

In that leaked vid the sword is an energy sword? did they rename it back again from the prophets bane? or both in?

They have both. Prophets Bane is a special energy sword, supposedly belongs to the Arbiter, that allows for faster movement and greater lunge to whoever is carrying it.

Madness

Shouldn't they distinguish it in color? Classic energy sword pinkish and the bane white.

Prophets-Bane-1.jpg

They kind of do. It looks wavy and different in game, at spawn point, has a different color etc. Plus I doubt they'll have both on map in the same game. I think some levels will just canonically have these special weapons. For example, the Midship/Truth level has it, it probably wouldn't have a regular energy sword, whereas a random UNSC level might have some special human weapon and energy sword lying around.

Zoolader

They have both. Prophets Bane is a special energy sword, supposedly belongs to the Arbiter, that allows for faster movement and greater lunge to whoever is carrying it.

I think they should have made a new visually distinguishable weapon entirely if that's the case, especially if the hammer doesn't come back. If the Arbiter does use a sword called the Prophet's Bane in the H5 campaign then it will be less confusing. It would be interesting to see the covenant honor guard energy stave in Halo multiplayer, could be a fine substitute on that map atleast.

H2-EnergyStave.png

Woorloog

Banned
Thanks for posting.

LightRifle re-design:

1u7u8c.gif

The LightRifle is a really nice looking weapon. And feels damn great in Halo 4, the sound aside.
Can we hear the Lightrifle's sound effects for Halo 5 anywhere yet?

How ironic it is 343i changes the Covie plasma sounds as they were "toy-like", yet their Forerunner weapons sound far, far more toy-like than the Covenant Plasma weapons ever did!

RowdyReverb

Thanks for posting.

LightRifle re-design:

1u7u8c.gif
See how the orange light on the scope beautifully shines on the rifle? I wonder if that's a dynamic light. Like, if the player stood by a wall, would there be orange light cast on the wall as well? Or is the player themself partially illuminated by that warm glow?

So I wonder if 343 will confirm Australian Azure servers in use for MCC? According to Xbox Australia it's open for business as of today with a range of titles confirmed and MCC being one of them.

I'll try later tonight but it would nice to hear from 343 officially on Aussie dedis.

Source IGN/Xbox Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom