• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

It will be interesting to see how people counter Ground Pound with the other movement sets. There does seem to be some lack of awareness of the tools people have at their disposal, at least that is what I get from the videos featuring Ground Pound kills.

Is Ground Pound borrowed from Destiny?

Whoosh!

Double Woosh!

iRKhiiYoqA673.gif

Madness

And is Waypoint the only place 343 will be collecting feedback?

I hope not. Frank and David Ellis are silent due to MCC right now, but I hope they start posting again and reading once beta is live. This is literally the make or break future of the franchise. They should be scouring every corner of the net, reading opinions, whether it's waypoint, GAF, twitter, Reddit, HBo, TeamBeyond, Bnet etc.

-Ryn

Banned
That lighting... it's gorgeous!

That lightning... IT'S THUNDEROUS!!

lmao

That was the FIRST internet meme I ever saw. My cousin showed it to me way back in the day along with Arby n' the Chief and Halo 3.

New H5 footage spotted over on Reddit, holy hell at the ground pound range.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxbnx5jIK9-IZWlyU094NHBPUDA/view
That babby didn't even try to thrust. They deserved death.

The pound definitely needs a bit more charge time tho. Or without more charge time it just knocks people back.

Would I be wrong in thinking that while from a technical (as in programming, designing) perspective a double jump is a poor man's Clamber, while from a gameplay perspective Clamber is just a poor man's double jump?
Nah. I wouldn't say so.

Is Ground Pound borrowed from Destiny?
Perform misdeeds upon Destiny's GLUTIUS MAXIMUS!!

Not likely since it's been in development since before Destiny's reveal.
No I'm not bitter

And is Waypoint the only place 343 will be collecting feedback?

Not sure. I think there was talk of a dedicated feedback forum (as in, something distinct from Waypoint). Plus, there's going to be weekly voting, so they'll probably take in some feedback that way.

I'd be kind of surprised if they totally screened out any and all other sources of feedback, though.

Not sure. I think there was talk of a dedicated feedback forum (as in, something distinct from Waypoint). Plus, there's going to be weekly voting, so they'll probably take in some feedback that way.

I'd be kind of surprised if they totally screened out any and all other sources of feedback, though.
If they do limit it to waypoint then whose feedback are they realistically listening to?

Zoolader

I'm sure I've read a few times on gaf that they will be looking at several different communities for feedback. That might not have been particular to the H5 beta but why would that change now?

I'm sure I've read a few times on gaf that they will be looking at several different communities for feedback. That might not have been particular to the H5 beta but why would that change now?

Until they specifically say "hey, we are listening to x,y,z community" they are probably only going to listen to greenshill and halo waypoint.

Its literally the same animations. Lel

-Ryn

Banned
Does the superman ground pound have that after shock thing the other ground pound does? I forget if that's default for all ground pounds in Destiny.

No. Not scum. Just different. And just a singular viewpoint on what halo should be.
A significantly less salty response than I expected.
You feeling alright? :p

I've got nothing against Waypointers. Though I don't really like the forums much due to the way they're handled.

I doubt they'll limit it to just Waypoint since that'd take away a lot of potential feedback and as Ragnarok pointed out, show a very narrow set of views on how it should play.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

What's with the names on those?

If they do limit it to waypoint then whose feedback are they realistically listening to?

Excellent point.

The main reason I doubt it, though, is because we know 343 people spend time on other sites; I have trouble believing they'd deliberately ignore anything that's not on Waypoint :p

Ramirez

Is there a cool down on how often you can perform a ground pound? I have a feeling it's not going to have the cooldown/build time that supers have in Destiny.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I hope not. Frank and David Ellis are silent due to MCC right now, but I hope they start posting again and reading once beta is live. This is literally the make or break future of the franchise. They should be scouring every corner of the net, reading opinions, whether it's waypoint, GAF, twitter, Reddit, HBo, TeamBeyond, Bnet etc.

We're always reading feedback, and from many different places on the web.

-Ryn

Banned
Actual comparison for new page.

I haven't played Destiny since launch, and I can't remember.
I never played as a Titan (Hunter forever) and I haven't played for a long time. Game is evil. I believe it was though. Sure is a good thing that won't be a thing with the H5 Ground Pound right?... right?

Is there a cool down on how often you can perform a ground pound? I have a feeling it's not going to have the cooldown/build time that supers have in Destiny.
I think if they tone down the damage shockwave and only make a direct hit do damage it will be fine. Anything else will do minor damage (a 1/2 of their shield?) and have a knock back. Thoughts?

Does the game work yet?
CE is working a lot better with this recent update apparently. Not sure about other games.

#Wesortaback

#Bringbackthedamnpopulationcount

We're always reading feedback, and from many different places on the web.
Well that's good to hear

Weird, I remember way back in the past on Waypoint reading complaints that Frankie cared more for Neogaf than Waypoint.
"Daddy loves them more than me"

Dub117

Weird, I remember way back in the past on Waypoint reading complaints that Frankie cared more for Neogaf than Waypoint.
I remember this too, and after this it seems like 343 (seemingly) only focused on waypoint as a point of reference. Like Tashi posted, I do hope the feedback pull is wider again now.

Also ground pound looks fun, but OP.

What is the weapon called that locks on kind of like a rocket launcher in H2 now in H5? Didn't catch it.

Zoolader

I think if they tone down the damage shockwave and only make a direct hit do damage it will be fine. Anything else will do minor damage (a 1/2 of their shield?) and have a knock back. Thoughts?

"Daddy loves them more than me"

Should be direct hit or no damage at all I'm thinking. Things to help balance ground pound could include cool down time, hover time, size and visibility of reticule/damage radius, pointer speed, and temporary stun like fall damage in halo 1 or lowered shields.

-Ryn

Banned
60fps was only confirmed.
Don't think so. 60fps, yes. Higher than 720p, yes. 1080p? Doubt it.
It was confirmed in a ViDoc or something a while ago that it would only be 720p for the beta. The beta is already 60fps. I can go find it I guess but... efffooooorrrrt.

Should be direct hit or no damage at all I'm thinking. Things to help balance ground pound could include cool down time, hover time, size and visibility of reticule/damage radius, pointer speed, and temporary stun like fall damage in halo 1 or lowered shields.
What do you think of a blast back that doesn't deal damage?

Welfare

It was confirmed in a ViDoc or something a while ago that it would only be 720p for the beta. The beta is already 60fps. I can go find it I guess but... efffooooorrrrt.

What do you think of a blast back that doesn't deal damage?

900p is more likely than 1080p.

And that could work for Ground Pound. You miss the kill, you don't do any damage. Is there a delay when you hit the ground with GP? If there is, it would help even more on the whole Risk/Reward element.

-Ryn

Banned
900p is more likely than 1080p.

And that could work for Ground Pound. You miss the kill, you don't do any damage. Is there a delay when you hit the ground with GP? If there is, it would help even more on the whole Risk/Reward element.
I know they at least said the full game would have a higher res.

Yeah the Ground Pound has a delay after you land where you're going back into first person. Whether you have an invincibility period during this (which would be such bullshit) is uncertain as far as I know.

Agreed on Ground Pound; reducing (or eliminating) the AoE damage would be great, as would adding a longer recovery animation upon landing to discourage spamming. Maybe add in an AoE knockback.

-Ryn

Banned
Agreed on Ground Pound; reducing (or eliminating) the AoE damage would be great, as would adding a longer recovery animation upon landing to discourage spamming. Maybe add in an AoE knockback.
I think it'd also give a well timed ground pound potential use against vehicles. You could roll a warthog if done right. If not done right well...

Madness

How do you guys copy and paste tweets easily? Using like the phone screenshot feature and then just crop and upload? Or is there some twitter trick that let's you grab just the tweet easily?

-Ryn

Banned
How do you guys copy and paste tweets easily? Using like the phone screenshot feature and then just crop and upload? Or is there some twitter trick that let's you grab just the tweet easily?
From what I understand they just screen cap and then edit the image. Upload to preferred site and boom tweet shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom