• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Says 4v4, does 3v3, not 2v2, then has max party of 2v2. WTF.

JSQCOlb.jpg

Maybe it means that 4v4 in addition to Ranking is coming soon.

Deception

When people say Halo is becoming COD I find it as a lazy comparison. If anything Halo is becoming more like Battlefield, with bigger maps, more vehicles, etc. Battlefield and Halo both have power weapons on map as well.

Tawpgun

Maybe it means that 4v4 in addition to Ranking is coming soon.
I'd say the people that wanted the CE playlist the most and the people that have been dreaming of playing CE online for over a decade are very happy it's 2v2.

CE plays best in
2 v 2 and BTB Objective

darthbob

I'd say the people that wanted the CE playlist the most and the people that have been dreaming of playing CE online for over a decade are very happy it's 2v2.

CE plays best in
2 v 2 and BTB Objective

I'd rather they just have a Team Doubles playlist, but I understand that the majority of Halo CE MP was played 2v2 back in the day so it's nice to see 343i supporting that classic play style. That being said, I'd still prefer to play CE in 4v4 but that's just my personal opinion.

CE plays best in
2 v 2 and BTB Objective
psshhhh 8v8 on chill out and longest is where it's at. total wonderful chaos

RBK

Banned
When people say Halo is becoming COD I find it as a lazy comparison. If anything Halo is becoming more like Battlefield, with bigger maps, more vehicles, etc. Battlefield and Halo both have power weapons on map as well.

Still don't see that comparison.

H4 was, H5 not even close.

Magni

CE playlist! I wish I weren't on the other side of the ocean from my One :(

I'm at my mom's for another couple days where my old 360 is, could always plug it in and get some ODST/Reach in, I miss those games.

Max party size is 2 for the CE playlist......................................

;'[

A while ago my brother showed me a game where kill cams where activated in H2A. I haven't played it that much because of the state it's in, but I've never come across kill cams before. (except for some pre-release footage).
Are they on in a specific gamemode or did they just glitch their way back in? I wouldn't be surprised.

Madness

Wtf, he was such a valuable guy to have. He was the reason I was excited about how Halo 5 would be ranked, the way he explained it and his reasoning for it. I guess that's how the industry is, but damn.

Yesterday I had all manner of in-game glitches across the three original titles, the worst of which was a sudden 'locking' of my aiming reticle in Halo CE. During two separate firefights the reticle either froze or started pulling in the other direction. Not sure if that's a one off, something that's present in Halo PC or something else. Hasn't happened before or since.

Glitchy night of MM including an apparent case of join in progress in Halo 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ObbIBzCdQ

Fall damage in Halo 2 classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_QmZ96qvo

Madness

Yesterday I had all manner of in-game glitches across the three original titles, the worst of which was a sudden 'locking' of my aiming reticle in Halo CE. During two separate firefights the reticle either froze or started pulling in the other direction. Not sure if that's a one off, something that's present in Halo PC or something else. Hasn't happened before or since.

Glitchy night of MM including an apparent case of join in progress in Halo 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ObbIBzCdQ

Fall damage in Halo 2 classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_QmZ96qvo

Love your posts because the proof is in the pudding. Right there you're seeing just how many glitches and bugs still exist. And it's just one person, amplify it for the rest.

All those maps suck for 2v2. You could make an argument for Longest, but Chiron and Boarding Action are absolutely awful.

Yeah I agree with this but I'd like to see Longest in there too since it isn't in any playlist yet.

Also made an entire team quit halo 1 on my own XD. I love the pistol so much

Love your posts because the proof is in the pudding. Right there you're seeing just how many glitches and bugs still exist. And it's just one person, amplify it for the rest.

I'm really enjoying the new found ability to stream haha.

Now CE's netcode has been tidied up H2C easily has the worst hit connection issues. I can't understand how so many seem to have a problem with the H3 BR, that game has been night and day from its original incarnation, connection-wise. I've had maybe two games where registration has been iffy whereas H2C has problems every game and CE was a joke up until the most recent patch.

Oh and put my vote up for Longest in the CE playlist too.

Madness

Menke has moved on to work for as a Senior Systems Designer for Activision Blizzard, where he will work on matchmaking and ranking across all of Activision’s titles.

Seems like a promotion for him. His work will be at the forefront of all big name Activision Blizzard games again. Though I don't see how it's a positive that the guy who designed the ranking system, leaves a year before it's actually released into the wild. Pretty much guarantees future Call of Duty titles will have better ranking as well.

All those maps suck for 2v2. You could make an argument for Longest, but Chiron and Boarding Action are absolutely awful.

I can scientifically prove that Chiron and Boarding Action are the best maps in the history of Halo.

Seems like a promotion for him. His work will be at the forefront of all big name Activision Blizzard games again. Though I don't see how it's a positive that the guy who designed the ranking system, leaves a year before it's actually released into the wild. Pretty much guarantees future Call of Duty titles will have better ranking as well.

inb4 Destiny ranking ;)

Bossniak

Eh I enjoyed playing all these maps on PC. More maps the better. I have yet to play those maps I mentioned as well as Danger Canyon and Death Island which never appear in BTB for me.

Madness

He doesn't seem to be leaving due to bad blood, seems like a genuine promotion/career opportunity. Not as worried.

I don't think there was any bad blood and it seems somewhat quite normal these days for the industry, and while of course we shouldn't be worried, but I think maybe two pages back we were talking about 343 and Halo being used as a resume builder in a sense. High turnover rate of employees. Can't really build a studio or develop the series if a lot of the top key guys leave after every iteration.

I mean he comes in, designs a new ranking system, and leaves literally a month before it'll first be tested for the beta, and a year before it's actually in the wild. Sure he probably worked with key guys who understand it just as well, but still. What good is it to Halo if a lead level designer comes in, works on the game, and then leaves before the next one instead taking what worked and didn't work somewhere else.

You know...the fact that they were able to fix up Halo CE of all games with a few extra weeks of coding netcode really does prove that this game basically shipped unfinished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom