• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

The lock-on one yeah. I don't think it is meant to be a replacement of the rocket.

I vaguely looks like it might functionally fall somewhere in between the classic rocket launcher and the pro pipe (looks like only a DIRECT hit from the projectiles will OHKO).... maybe?

So some scrubs voted for Halo 4 CTF in BTB. I dont have any loadouts made because fuck halo 4 and my team proceeds to start killing each other to grab sniper. I am the only one defending, other team gets our flag and scores in ~30 seconds.

I go to menu to see if I can make a loadout and I see the option to end the game for all players.

Did it #yolo

Chitown B

So some scrubs voted for Halo 4 CTF in BTB. I dont have any loadouts made because fuck halo 4 and my team proceeds to start killing each other to grab sniper. I am the only one defending, other team gets our flag and scores in ~30 seconds.

I go to menu to see if I can make a loadout and I see the option to end the game for all players.

Did it #yolo

wait what? You can end a MM game for everyone?

Welfare

Did it #yolo

Lmao

Alright Halo-GAF, answer me this - when do you realistically expect this game to be fully functional? I'm talking about the important stuff, not minor glitches.

The lock-on one yeah. I don't think it is meant to be a replacement of the rocket.
Is the classic Rocket launcher in H5G? I've actually stayed away from H5 and Halogaf for a while.

Did it #yolo
  1. they chose Halo 4 btb
  2. they were being scrubs
  3. treat yo self
  4. fuck 'em

-Ryn

Banned
Alright Halo-GAF, answer me this - when do you realistically expect this game to be fully functional? I'm talking about the important stuff, not minor glitches.
Either just before or after the H5 beta ends. If the next update is as effective as this last one apparently was then I can definitely see it fixing a lot.

1. they chose Halo 4 btb
  2. they were being scrubs
  3. treat yo self
  4. fuck 'em
parks-and-rec-treat-yo-self.gif

Mdot

I would assume there has to be a significant patch scheduled to drop prior to Christmas, right? Try to get the game as fixed as possible prior to the influx of new players.

I tried the Halo 2 Anniversary playlist last night and... was actually able to play some games! It only took a few minutes and that's the first time it's happened to me since launch. I did terrible, but the graphics looked amazing, and playing on Warlock was very nostalgic. I tried BTB and it still didn't work at all though. :-/

Tawpgun

So I am hearing rumblings from some of the old pro's and OG Halo players that CE in MCC has more generous hitboxes than the original game. This is probably a necessary concession for online play, but what do some of you experienced CE players think?

May have lowered the shooting skill gap slightly for the sake of a more consistent online experience.

Halo ce was never built to be played online. They transfered the shitty pc netcode and you had to lead shots a different amount every game.

Playing ce like this was a shitshow without mouse and keyboard. I LOVED playing halo ce, and leading shots was a skill in that community, but it feels sloppy with a controller.

I barely played CE mp on Xbox, if I did it wasn't competetive. But from what CE super fans were saying, using the pistol was hard and even pros couldn't land 3 shots every time.

It defintiely seems TOO easy to land shots to the point that the pistol is as OP as everyone said it was. Half the time you don't even have time to pull yours out before you're dead. I played match on prisoner and we were melting dudes.

That being said, this is preferable to the old way it played where the netcode meant firefights were a shitshow lottery.

Still need to play it at 2v2 and 3v3 but 4 v4 pistols is too much

Mdot

I barely played CE mp on Xbox, if I did it wasn't competetive. But from what CE super fans were saying, using the pistol was hard and even pros couldn't land 3 shots every time.

It defintiely seems TOO easy to land shots to the point that the pistol is as OP as everyone said it was. Half the time you don't even have time to pull yours out before you're dead. I played match on prisoner and we were melting dudes.

From what I played last night, I was getting killed waaaaaaaay too fast. Like I've been 3-shotted plenty of times in CE, but it was to the point where I was listening for 3 shots to see if I was getting nailed by each one since I was dying so quick. And to be fair, some of my kills were very fast as well. It seemed much quicker than I remember through LAN (I won't count Xbox Connect since that was very hit or miss)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ha! THAT I cannot do. Gotta keep it real.

I am jealous of your pitching staff though. It's going to be ridiculous for a good 5 years if they all stay healthy and pan out.

Yes, I'm very excited for this upcoming season.

-Ryn

Banned
Amazing series

If. they can make the next update as significant, then yeah I think we're getting really close.
It'll be really nice if they can do it.
I'm willing to bet that most of the people who played the beta will give the MCC another shot just to see of it's working. If they are greeted with dedicated servers and mostly working games the MCC may just get a second wind.

FFS. I hope it stays.
AGREED. The Halo Rocket Launcher is iconic. It's also wicked cool. They best not be getting rid of it. I don't care of there is a replacement. It better not be gone.

Burned.

I think you look great.

#shameless
The things people here will do... smh

:p

-Ryn

Banned
Looking forward to that beta gameplay tomorrow. Seriously though 343 has to have a beta for BTB or a special surprise waiting. I don't believe they're gonna just leave that until the full release.

Burnt toast is good for you right?

Maybe 343 will surprise us and the beta will be up for everyone tomorrow. :|
Naaaaahhhh

It'll be really nice if they can do it.
I'm willing to bet that most of the people who played the beta will give the MCC another shot just to see of it's working. If they are greeted with dedicated servers and mostly working games the MCC may just get a second wind.
fpW8wA8.gif

played some HCE last night and the hit detection actually seems way, way better. The quitting is still a bit upsetting, but overall it felt really good to finally get to play some HCE.

It'd be kind of cool if the big team battle maps in Halo 5 were locations from Halo's lore. Like "Battle of Reach." First encounter with Covenant on Installation 04 with a crashed Pillar of Autumn in the background, stuff like that. Though it wouldn't make much sense if just had Spartans vs. Elites.

-Ryn

Banned
Is the game working better yet? Haven't turned on my One in like 2 weeks. I need something that's not destiny.
CE got a lovely update that has supposedly improved a lot for everyone. Game is also a bit better for general matchmaking.

Try your luck

It'd be kind of cool if the big team battle maps in Halo 5 were locations from Halo's lore. Like "Battle of Reach." First encounter with Covenant on Installation 04 with a crashed Pillar of Autumn in the background, stuff like that. Though it wouldn't make much sense if just had Spartans vs. Elites.
Fuck sense that sounds awesome!
I'd love to fight at iconic battle sites in the games. We better damn well get Elites back in multiplayer for H5 too. I miss those guys and they've been in ever game except 4 (and ODST but that didn't really feature Spartans either).

Episode 15 of the Forward Unto Dawn Podcast is out. In this episode: Bioshock parallels, sympathetic Prophets, and plant chafing as we talk about Halo: Broken Circle.
Wut?

Oh my god, the lekgolo in Nightfall 2.....

Now wonder why The covenant had to nuke them to orbit to surrender but damm talking about overpowering worms to push the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom