• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belushy

Banned
Like the Project Spark streams except not live, obviously. Looking forward to it!

And sweet looks like we will get a few good streams tomorrow :)

-Ryn

Banned
tumblr_lptp0wk3TW1qc9ljx.gif

I wish we got more low-poly, minimalist-texture sort of maps. I mean, all the stuff they're doing with Halo 5 is extremely technically impressive, but it really doesn't do anything for me in the long run. I wish they pulled a CE / 3 and just made everything with minimal textures, super glossy, emphasis on good lighting, etc.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I wish we got more low-poly, minimalist-texture sort of maps. I mean, all the stuff they're doing with Halo 5 is extremely technically impressive, but it really doesn't do anything for me in the long run. I wish they pulled a CE / 3 and just made everything with minimal textures, super glossy, emphasis on good lighting, etc.

Forge stuff will probably fit that bill. Has a very clean, sterile look. Breakout is more stylized.

Fuchsdh

CE got a lovely update that has supposedly improved a lot for everyone. Game is also a bit better for general matchmaking.

Try your luck

Fuck sense that sounds awesome!
I'd love to fight at iconic battle sites in the games. We better damn well get Elites back in multiplayer for H5 too. I miss those guys and they've been in ever game except 4 (and ODST but that didn't really feature Spartans either).

Wut?

That's what we call "a tease".

Why did Gabo get banned?

No crazy off-the-rails posts, just some general salt. Hopefully it's not for long :|

-Ryn

Banned
Forge stuff will probably fit that bill. Has a very clean, sterile look. Breakout is more stylized.
Now that's a tease.
Any chance you might tell us what the likelihood of seeing any new forge details in the near future is?

That's what we call "a tease".

No crazy off-the-rails posts, just some general salt. Hopefully it's not for long :|
I've seen enough anime to know where this tease is going.

I wouldn't imagine a ban over general salt would last very long

Mix

I don't get it, why doesn't my inbox have an early access beta code?

I guess I got paired with Elzar.

Reclaimer Radio trying so hard for those PAX media badges lol

reposting for new page

I've actually been really happy with what we've seen of the Forge palette so far. The grids briefly highlighting footsteps, the color-coordination,
the GAF-themed building blocks
and whatnot all really felt like a step in the right direction to me. I do kinda wish that they were a little less ornate (as in, visible manifolds and wires and stuff like that between the outer paneling of the structures), but I ultimately think it'll go along way in making sure Forge maps are clearly-designed, while doubly being indicative that they are Forge maps thanks to the palette, without the possible negative connotations with Forge pieces you'd see like in Reach's case.

One thing Ghazi had mentioned in a conversation we had a while back kind of piqued my interest, though. With the grid textures being fairly repetitive - cohesive, rather - and making up a fairly large amount of the playspace and visual real estate on Forge piece texturing, are steps being taken to make sure identifying structural elevation isn't an issue? It's probably more discernible up close, but trying to identify certain structures from a distance I can definitely see the grids on the floor and grids on pieces like ramps or scaffoldings blending together, making it harder to identify what distant Spartans are doing.

k, but see, no one's going to listen to you because you're always satly

more than enough slrping going on here. and i couldn't give a shit if anyone is listening. Im not looking for validation from You or any other person here.

so in the kindest way possible, Get Stuffed.

I don't get it, why doesn't my inbox have an early access beta code?

I guess I got paired with Elzar.

Reclaimer Radio trying so hard for those PAX media badges lol
The Halo 5 beta is so yesterday. I'm waiting for my ultra secret Halo 6 alpha invite.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
reposting for new page

I've actually been really happy with what we've seen of the Forge palette so far. The grids briefly highlighting footsteps, the color-coordination,
the GAF-themed building blocks
and whatnot all really felt like a step in the right direction to me. I do kinda wish that they were a little less ornate (as in, visible manifolds and wires and stuff like that between the outer paneling of the structures), but I ultimately think it'll go along way in making sure Forge maps are clearly-designed, while doubly being indicative that they are Forge maps thanks to the palette, without the possible negative connotations with Forge pieces you'd see like in Reach's case.

One thing Ghazi had mentioned in a conversation we had a while back kind of piqued my interest, though. With the grid textures being fairly repetitive - cohesive, rather - and making up a fairly large amount of the playspace and visual real estate on Forge piece texturing, are steps being taken to make sure identifying structural elevation isn't an issue? It's probably more discernible up close, but trying to identify certain structures from a distance I can definitely see the grids on the floor and grids on pieces like ramps or scaffoldings blending together, making it harder to identify what distant Spartans are doing.

You're conflating Forge with Breakout.

Forge has "normal" stuff.

belushy

Banned
GRID also stops Z fighting of pieces that has been a problem forever. Also I hope we can change the colors of the forge pieces (like the big yellow parts) to something else.

Overdoziz

Banned
You're conflating Forge with Breakout.

Forge has "normal" stuff.
Gray stuff?
Can't you already do that with H2A forge?
Can't really do much with the tiny (although bigger than Reach and 4's) stripes on objects that you can change color of. It's useful for marking off specific parts of the map (ie blue and red base), but that's about it. They really need to figure out a different way people can change the look of objects. Making the stripes you can paint in bright colors a tiny bit bigger in every iteration of Forge isn't helping much.

Finally putting some time into Killer Instinct, man what a great game.

Between KI, BF4, Titanfall, forza.. MCC not working made me play other games and I'm having a blast.

I'll jump into the beta when it kicks off. I'm just happy I have games to play while MCC is still in surgery for the foreseeable future.

Finally putting some time into Killer Instinct, man what a great game.

Between KI, BF4, Titanfall, forza.. MCC not working made me play other games and I'm having a blast.

I'll jump into the beta when it kicks off. I'm just happy I have games to play while MCC is still in surgery for the foreseeable future.

Killer Instinct was one of the reasons I bought an Xbox One but I suck hard at it

TCKaos

Wait, how do we get Early Access to the beta?

The feel when you're sitting in Highschool and a H5 Vidoc comes out and you can't watch it.

Any summary?

Making Halo games takes many years of work, hundreds of talented people, and passion. The entirety of the dev process is broken up in to two week chunks called "Sprints", where developers have to create thousands of assets in those two weeks to use in the final game. [Cut to on and offscreen gameplay of the beta]. They worked pretty hard on it the last couple of months with a shitload of testing/iteration and if it's not durable a lot of their work would be pointless. [Cut to lots of pictures of various assets and concept art]. Available only on The Halo Channel.

Fuck, I thought that trailer was it.

Oh, well, I guess I don't know what it's about either.

Mix

The feel when you're sitting in Highschool and a H5 Vidoc comes out and you can't watch it.

Any summary?

It's a teaser for the series that will be exclusive to the Halo Channel. Looks to be a series of ViDoc style shorts following the team on the build up to the Halo 5 beta

unfortunately there is no way :/ Was hoping some of us GAFers would get in, but it doesn't seem too likely.

-Ryn

Banned

Any summary?
It's just a trailer for an upcoming ViDoc called "TheSPRINT" that will supposedly be a behind the scenes about some of the development. It looks pretty cool.

*edit*
Mixed

Work for an internet gaming website

I have no idea

Killer Instinct was one of the reasons I bought an Xbox One but I suck hard at it
I'd really like to try killer instinct, but I'm not gonna play it without an arcade stick. Nothing beats fight games like killer instinct, street fighter and mortal combat with that old arcade style feel.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Halo ce was never built to be played online. They transfered the shitty pc netcode and you had to lead shots a different amount every game.

Playing ce like this was a shitshow without mouse and keyboard. I LOVED playing halo ce, and leading shots was a skill in that community, but it feels sloppy with a controller.

I barely played CE mp on Xbox, if I did it wasn't competetive. But from what CE super fans were saying, using the pistol was hard and even pros couldn't land 3 shots every time.

It defintiely seems TOO easy to land shots to the point that the pistol is as OP as everyone said it was. Half the time you don't even have time to pull yours out before you're dead. I played match on prisoner and we were melting dudes.

That being said, this is preferable to the old way it played where the netcode meant firefights were a shitshow lottery.

Still need to play it at 2v2 and 3v3 but 4 v4 pistols is too much

I'll still take it over H2 or H3 or H4. At least it's got timed power weapons and timed powerups and a utility weapon.

Frankly, at this point we can't complain we don't have a Halo featuring those core features. We have it, and it's working to an extent, fairly well thanks to the last patch.

:)

Welp, did not realize Breakout palette was not the Forge palette.

Oh, and I feel dumb for not getting this earlier, but Breaking the Covenant on the H2A OST is a double entendre - not only are you witnessing the downfall of the nominal Covenant, you're an apostate, in other words refuting the hegemony or breaking your promise to faith.

jem0208

So I haven't been able to play games for a while and I was looking forward to being able to play some Halo based on some of the quite positive sounding impressions.

Nope. Game is still as broken as ever.

Welp, looking forward to playing the Halo 5 beta at least.

-Ryn

Banned
I mean like the entire piece. Change the big yellow parts to red, the dark grey to white... stuff like that.

edit: So we could do this

(excuse the crap photoshop job)

Instead of this
Oh gotcha.
Yeah that doesn't seem like something too far fetched. Especially now with the call outs and everything, I'd imagine being able to emphasize color is important.

Early access is nice. Looking forward to streams!
It's the most wobderf time of the year

Welp, did not realize Breakout palette was not the Forge palette.

Oh, and I feel dumb for not getting this earlier, but Breaking the Covenant on the H2A OST is a double entendre - not only are you witnessing the downfall of the nominal Covenant, you're an apostate, in other words refuting the hegemony or breaking your promise to faith.
I hadn't ever thought about that lol
I'm learning all kinds if things today.

So if Breakout is just one of the Forge Pallets I look forward to seeing the rest of them. So damn hyped!

So I haven't been able to play games for a while and I was looking forward to being able to play some Halo based on some of the quite positive sounding impressions.

Nope. Game is still as broken as ever.

Welp, looking forward to playing the Halo 5 beta at least.
#We'regettingthere

for fuck sake i just seen that screenshot of lightrifle in halo 5. i was hoping they would remove those promethian weapons. they are so useless and do nothing different, complete filler weapons.

also been playing titanfall recently and going back to playing halo felt so 2001. glad they are focusing on movement and speed in h5 but please dont make the maps big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom