• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I hope we'll get the codes soon enough to start playing once it's available tomorrow, it should take about 10 hours to download it on my side :(

Stinkles, do you know if the codes will be sent hours before 1 PM PST ?

jem0208

Don't see why not, if invites are going out tomorrow.

Not a great trailer, but I'll admit I lol'd at "y'all ready for some hot red on blue action." That was pretty good.

On the forum post they said something like having to be a member "as of this morning". I'm not sure whether or not I was considering I had to accept the new terms and conditions.

I probably was and I'm unduly worrying, it would just really suck if I wasn't.

Computron

You're conflating Forge with Breakout.

Forge has "normal" stuff.

When can we expect to hear details about Forge?
Is Breakout built with a special internal only version of Forge?

I noticed in the video at 39 seconds that there were a lot of forge looking things on screen:
iUSShVH.png

...things like the spawn points and cameras, etc.. (We also so saw another map that was using these same pieces rearranged in the same skybox/location in the beta vidoc, and some of the leaked footage showed what looked like variants of other maps too)

But it doesn't necessarily look like you guys are using a map/scenerio editor separate to forge since we can see the motion tracker animating as though this is in-game. (Although, I see it is being controlled with a mouse and this could easily just be the state of the map dev tools at this moment)

IGN said in one of their videos that breakout was supposedly a forge map, were they just unclear? If this is answered in the 'Sprint' video series, that would be solid.

Right now it looks to me like you guys are doing some cool stuff with dynamic lighting which has me excited because it could be very useful for making quick patches or variants of shipping maps for MatchMaking as well as with bringing forge maps closer up to par with shipping maps in a way that wasn't easily possible with previous games that had static/baked lighting.

"Halo for a new era" is, uh... pretty apt.

New Light Rifle scope is more than a tad overkill. It looks like the viewport for a Promethean high-yield explosive mortar, not a standard-issue precision rifle.

HTupolev

New Light Rifle scope is more than a tad overkill. It looks like the viewport for a Promethean high-yield explosive mortar, not a standard-issue precision rifle.
Yep. It "looks neat", but the characterization is bizarre. That scope makes me feel like I'm charging to fire ballistic missiles from the maw of an invincible shark robot monster.

I suppose, unlike plasma staplers, it at least has a rule of cool thing going for it. Sort of.

Rev3rb

Now I'm kicking myself for not joining the dashboard preview program.

I use the beta Android Smartglass app - does that count?!

Yep. It "looks neat", but the characterization is bizarre. That scope makes me feel like I'm charging to fire ballistic missiles from the maw of an invincible shark robot monster.

I suppose, unlike plasma staplers, it at least has a rule of cool thing going for it. Sort of.

What is that, some kind of turret or something?

I love how immediately the confusion hits. All the tech is starting to get too visually baroque for the sandbox to really convey and characterize it properly.

Caja 117

Frank, Can I get one of those codes, so I can be the envy of all of my friends that play Halo? to this point they think I get paid by 343, might as well make it look like it even more by having early access to the Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom