• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

forerunnerl6uck.gif

Fuck it.

You won me over.

ultimota

so many lucky people, spent months putting off getting into the preview program,
had a feeling it would cost me eventually but hope everyone who is in streams so i can at least watch some :D

jem0208

I wonder if that "..." reticle implies something about the Light Rifle's function. Perhaps it fires three shots side-by-side when zoomed?

I think you're right...

Looking at it frame by frame and there is definitely more than one projectile, and it's in a flat line like you said.

Nice spot

Madness

Man, you get up early to watch Hobbit in High Frame Rate 3D and miss out on Halo 5 beta early access codes. Damn, hope you guys provide solid gameplay details. Can't wait to read your impressions.

Blueblur1

I would love a code but I'll be fine with streams and impressions as well. Looking to hear about the small details like player movement etc

jem0208

So I got a message about the preview for the beta, but I don't have the preview dashboard app downloaded (I don't think I ever downloaded it) and it won't let me download it even though I'm a part of the preview program. Am I just going to be messaged a code from xbox sometime this weekend or do I need to go into that app to sign up for it, because the message says to check the dashboard app.

I really hope I don't get left out just because I never downloaded some app a while back.

If you get that message I'd expect you'll get the others as well.

Wait, so the Light Rifle's function reversed? That's interesting, but weird. It used to be three-shot unscoped, single-shot zoomed in. Now it's single-shot unscoped and multi-shot while ADSing. New multi-shot projectile while aiming down sights seems Quake-y, but at this rate I'd prefer we still have some sort of weapon that fulfills the Halo 2 Preview BR / Halo 4 Light Rifle's role.

RSB

Banned
lol no, it's the Light Rifle
Yeah, he uses the turret and then switches to the Light Rifle. But what is that turret exactly? Looks weird.
/s

Classic scopes better be in the final game. ADS looks awful, as usual.

RowdyReverb

Yeah, he uses the turret and then switches to the Light Rifle. But what is that turret exactly? Looks weird.
/s

I like the ADS. Come at me.
For real though, as long as it controls like the traditional scope (descoping, able to jump, etc) I couldn't care less about the change. I get tunnel vision when scoping anyway.

/s

Honestly, it looks pretty cool to me. BR is meh, DMR is bad, most of the others are whatever, but the light rifle looks legitimately cool.

Halioskrill armor sighting.

Halitosisalysischamber Armor stays winning

Fun fact: according to the info they released along with the renders, the Helioskrill armor was designed by a female Elite, designed to prove her worth from a technical and mechanical standpoint during arena Infinity simulation play. It was mentioned and dropped pretty nonchalantly, but I have to wonder if we might actually have an engineer-savvy female Elite as one of the important supplementary characters in Guardians.

uwdanman

Neo Member
I wonder if that "..." reticle implies something about the Light Rifle's function. Perhaps it fires three shots side-by-side when zoomed?

I think that "..." reticule is just the ADS'd version of the light rifle unzoomed. You can see that each time its fired it takes one shot off in top right corner. I think the player is just firing at a consistent rate 1...2....3 and then gets hit and descopes.

I actually like the look of it. It definitely fits the "immersion" feel they were going for in addition to the spartan abilities.

RSB

Banned
just give me the option to not have to deal with Cod Down Sights. like a toggle.
Exactly.

They want to have ADS as default? That's OK, gotta chase that modern shooter crowd, I get it. Just give me the option to use the classic scope. It's a very reasonable request, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom