• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ascension anniversary (or any variant for that matter) is still an absolutely miserable experience. Almost unplayably boring. Why the fuck would they remake that absolute pile of dogshit?

Also is it me or are enemy Spartans really hard to see in H2:A? I haven't had a problem in any of the other games but in anni I have to squint to see opponents across the map.

Played my first game of H4. Looks remarkably good at 60 FPS 1080p

Your friend ViewtifulJC got a refund on the game and is returning his console too. Pretty crazy how this all went to shit. From hype and hope to searching...

Meanwhile Popcap of all devs showed how to make, launch and support a MP game.

I feel sorry for 343, but the MCC wasn't suddenly filled with this many bugs overnight, thier naivety is costing them.

You're pessimistic. When was the last time we've had a beta this far out for a AAA game? If all they wanted was data to adjust the weapons and maps, they could have done the standard 1-2 month out beta, and preserved their marketing cycle to boot.

Sprint is the one thing that I can't see being taken out. They would have to change the sizes of maps for that to happen.

Clan tag on bottom lol

2JHBEUJ.jpg

Sprint is the one thing that I can't see being taken out. They would have to change the sizes of maps for that to happen.

Yeah, probably. Could be further restricted with draining shields, though.

As a side note, I agree that expecting them to take out all of the new additions is unrealistic, but it's also something I'm very much against, so it doesn't really factor into my thinking. If that's what you meant, Madness, then yeah, I guess I technically agree?

Woorloog

Banned

Unfortunately i feel you and Bluebur are right on this.
If i actually had to choose, i'd rather get rid of Sprint, since the smart scope ADS seems to be easy enough to tweak to resemble old scopes heavily. I wouldn't be happy with such solution though (but then, isn't the definition of a compromise "Neither side is happy with it"...).

daedalius

Basically my biggest gripe with the new scope system. Having something look fancy at the cost of screen real estate. I know which is more important to me.

Having to hold the trigger down is weird as hell, but since it doesn't affect movement and there is descope it doesn't function THAT much differently from traditional Halo scoping. I think that smart scope for non-precision (AR/SMG) weapons actually does affect spread though :/

Game was fun, but I do have reservations.

I hear ya.

I also want it to look pretty/awesome rather than functional.

;)

Madness

5kxlBv3.gif

This should be in OP. Also, SMG starts in Halo 2 Classic in 2014, damn, even Bungie acknowledged they were a mistake. I have yet to play more than 1 even sided game. Every single match I'm put on the team that has 1 or 2 men down.

RowdyReverb

I keep getting matched up against some really good teams/players. Hopefully there's some sort of TrueSkill or whatever that will start to even out matches. Getting tragically rekt over here

Right now I'm nerding out over the Second Stories from Nightfall. Probably the most brilliant idea they've had. Really fleshes things out.
ONI is clearly going the be the "bad guys" to some capacity.

Halo CE Matchmaking TM (Brought to you by the power of the Cloud TM):

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...esib&vid=6189c497-0d15-457a-9635-6f3355a4aeee

Compare that to the 16 player custom game of the same scenario!:

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...esib&vid=f4002a5f-94c5-48a3-90a4-9badc0a0334e

so BTB playlist in CE comes with the regular CTF / TeamSlayer mod that has Tanks and stuff?!
thats a huge dissappointment, i thought itll be the classic modes with just warthogs and maybe ghosts :/

this actually means 8 Tanks and 4 Banshees on DeathIsland, no thanks!

singhr1

Right now I'm nerding out over the Second Stories from Nightfall. Probably the most brilliant idea they've had. Really fleshes things out.
ONI is clearly going the be the "bad guys" to some capacity.

I completely agree. They are well done and have a lot of emotion and depth. Seeing different perspectives is very cool.

Madness

So, I still can't get into MM.

Yeah I want to know who they're surveying to come up with those 2-4 minute match join times. I can easily spend 15 minutes in every playlist and not find anything.

The saddest part of all this, is before launch, they promised us the fastest matchmaking ever, we'd be put in matches faster than ever. What a joke.

ElRenoRaven

So I'm playing Halo 4 now. Been going through all 4 on easy to get skulls in H1 and terminals in all 4 games and also just to enjoy the story and I have to admit. I really do think Halo 4 gets a bad rap when it comes to story. Just finished the 2nd level and the little things stick out. Like you can tell how the sentinels, etc are all trying to sabotage you to keep you from succeeding. Then you can see how Chief and Cortana are being manipulated by the Didact. . Also I found the covenant terminal like thing in the crash at the first section of the 2nd level. I never found that on the 360 version or even heard it's sounds. Needless to say that was interesting.

Overall though in spite of the issues with the Forerunner enemies and a couple of awful characters (Del Rio, Palmer). I do enjoy Halo 4's campaign a lot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah I want to know who they're surveying to come up with those 2-4 minute match join times. I can easily spend 15 minutes in every playlist and not find anything.

The saddest part of all this, is before launch, they promised us the fastest matchmaking ever, we'd be put in matches faster than ever. What a joke.

They aren't polling, that's data from the server

They say almost all the people are finding matches in 4 minutes, so if your search goes longer than 4 minutes, your chances of finding a match become reduced

Ugh this a frustrating mess. Can't even have fun with it as trying to get in a lobby is an hour long ordeal riddled with crashes and restarts.

This is certainly the most broken game I have had the pleasure of experiencing. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom