• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Does the ads in h5 actually slow down your aim? If it does not, then its purely cosmetic. If it does slow down your aim, the its an intentionally accessibility thing.

Fact, its harder to aim in halo ce thru h4 than any cod game. The moment ads comes i to play, aimi g becomes god awfully easy.
It's cosmetic.

+ de-scope is back.

Madness

Just called up EbGames, they said they can't do any refunds, but will do store credit. I'm thinking of taking them up on that offer. Can buy something like GTA V and then pick this up a month from now in time for Halo 5 beta, it'll probably be dirt cheap or a lot of used traded in games as well.

Woorloog

Banned
If it is cosmetic, why even have it, unless they're pandering to those who like ADS? And to enable visual weapon customization, especially scope/reticule customization (as if these couldn't be done without ADS).
It is a pointless change, one that merely mostly annoys old Halo fans. And ultimately does nothing for those who do like proper ADS systems, as it isn't proper ADS.

jem0208

Does the ads in h5 actually slow down your aim? If it does not, then its purely cosmetic. If it does slow down your aim, the its an intentionally accessibility thing.

Fact, its harder to aim in halo ce thru h4 than any cod game. The moment ads comes i to play, aimi g becomes god awfully easy.

You know zooming slows already slows your aim? It's not by much but it's definitely there.

It's especially noticeable with a sniper. It would basically be impossible to snipe if they didn't slow your aim down.

If it is cosmetic, why even have it, unless they're pandering to those who like ADS? And to enable visual weapon customization, especially scope/reticule customization (as if these couldn't be done without ADS).
It is a pointless change, one that merely mostly annoys old Halo fans. And ultimately does nothing for those who do like proper ADS systems, as it isn't proper ADS.

I actually quite like it from a aesthetic perspective... At least I like the BR and the pistol. The DMR needs to be modified a bit.

I do think there needs to be an option to toggle it off and replace it with classic zoom though.

Random17

Tashi, if you are reading this... can you pass this onto the gameplay designer?

In Halo 2, there are three main differences in MCC that are affecting speedrunning from the OG version.

-No swordflying.
-No sword cancelling.
-Envy skull disables Arbiter camo and it is a 0.00x skull. This was not the case in the original game where Envy was fair game; now there's no reason to use it.

wwm0nkey

In Halo 2, there are three main differences in MCC that are affecting speedrunning from the OG version.

-No swordflying.
-No sword cancelling.
-Envy skull disables Arbiter camo and it is a 0.00x skull. This was not the case in the original game where Envy was fair game; now there's no reason to use it.
You can still sword cancel

Woorloog

Banned
I actually quite like it from a aesthetic perspective... At least I like the BR and the pistol. The DMR needs to be modified a bit.

I do think there needs to be an option to toggle it off and replace it with classic zoom though.

A big issue i have with ADS systems is that i dislike them from aesthetic perspective. They're claustrophobic. If game has ADS, i can't appreciate how things look while zooming and firing, especially the weapon itself and the play of lights upon its surface from muzzle-flash.
If the game were something where good immersion is essential, i might accept it. But otherwise... ugh.

Red Faction Guerrilla is a good example of a game with ADS system where i actually don't mind it... since it is a third person game, there is nothing obstructing my view! (And the weapons are accurate enough without zoom anyway).
And weapons without ironsights in Fallout New Vegas are wonderful. I can zoom but have clear view still (it doesn't help half of the game's iron sights are misaligned).
Still don't really like slowing down aspect of zooming in either game.

I don't know of anyone who has done it yet. Maybe try HBO or the Waypoint forums?
Maybe Tashi or someone from 343 can shed light on how it works?

Made a post about setting up System Link on Waypoint:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ns/9ead251b-b27a-42f2-a85c-b1680b5fbb45/posts

HBO feels like old-Internet so I won't be trying to post there, although I did hit up reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2m8j48/system_link_splitscreen_questions/

Mix

Hey guys, gonna be hosting customs at like 7:30 or 8 CST. Send me a message and I'll send you an invite.
GT: MIXMASTERCHlEF. The I in chief is a lower case L

Welfare

-No swordflying.
-No sword cancelling.

Halo 2 in MCC runs on an updated version that removed Sword flying.

HBO feels like old-Internet so I won't be trying to post there, lol.
fAwD3dd.jpg

Onikaan

Tashi/Frank.

That's the 2nd game of Halo 3 that's failed to load the map for everyone in my party. (matchmaking). Hasn't happened in any other playlist.

How much do you guys think 343 is willing to change in H5 based on feedback? Would they go as far as completely removing one of the new mechanics?

I feel for 343. I am really curious about what actually went wrong.
--

Off topic, but Jurassic Park gaf... prepare yourselves. Impact tremors and all that. Soon.

Woorloog

Banned
How much do you guys think 343 is willing to change in H5 based on feedback? Would they go as far as completely removing one of the new mechanics?

Given that there's almost a year between the beta and the targeted launch, yes, i'd imagine they can make even big changes if necessary (might lead to delays, i guess, at worst). Indeed, given the somewhat radical changes and new thing, i reckon this is a reason for the beta to be so early (and relatively long too, isn't it over 2 weeks?).
This is a very good reason to play the beta, play it and criticize every single thing one doesn't like heavily (and naturally praise stuff you like).

Maybe. I honestly can't see much of a reason to have a beta this far out except if they're seriously looking for feedback on the more fundamental parts of the game; everything else would be easier and probably more useful closer to launch.

how long has nightfall episode 2 been up?

It's not up, just says "coming soon." I was just watching the Second Stories (little first-person vignettes), though, which are actually quite good.

Madness

Not unless it's broken. Call me pessimistic but I don't think we'll see anything beyond map changes, nerfs/bluffs to weapons and abilities. It's going to be full steam ahead with the 343 vision the next year.

clav

omg I found players.

still waiting for the game for more.

Waited 2 minutes for the screen to show found players.

...and we wait.

and wait while that depressing music in the background sings.

Not unless it's broken. Call me pessimistic but I don't think we'll see anything beyond map changes, nerfs/bluffs to weapons and abilities. It's going to be full steam ahead with the 343 vision the next year.

You're pessimistic. When was the last time we've had a beta this far out for a AAA game? If all they wanted was data to adjust the weapons and maps, they could have done the standard 1-2 month out beta, and preserved their marketing cycle to boot.

clav

It loaded!

6 minutes.

However I chose Halo 2 classic and the gametypes I was picking was in Team Slayer.

wtf

Are the servers mashing everyone in whatever permutation?

Madness

You're pessimistic. When was the last time we've had a beta this far out for a AAA game? If all they wanted was data to adjust the weapons and maps, they could have done the standard 1-2 month out beta, and preserved their marketing cycle to boot.

You're forgetting the use of the beta as a major sales tactic and enticement to pick up the MCC before December too. Plus, the way the game looks, and the fact they've been playing for a while, seems like it could've been done before the year was out, but spaced it to get maximum sales out of MCC holiday and h5 next holiday.

I'm not saying anything. People are just too optimistic if they're thinking that 343 would completely remove things like their new ledge climbing animations, Spartan abilities or smart scope as opposed to change how they operate, nerf/buff, tone down. 11 months out is a long time, but not long enough to reverse 2+ years of work.

clav

Wow. I finished a game without a crash.

Now I wait again.

I see a lot of traffic routing to a Microsoft owned IP in Kansas state.

You're forgetting the use of the beta as a major sales tactic and enticement to pick up the MCC before December too. Plus, the way the game looks, and the fact they've been playing for a while, seems like it could've been done before the year was out, but spaced it to get maximum sales out of MCC holiday and h5 next holiday.

I'm not saying anything. People are just too optimistic if they're thinking that 343 would completely remove things like their new ledge climbing animations, Spartan abilities or smart scope as opposed to change how they operate, nerf/buff, tone down. 11 months out is a long time, but not long enough to reverse 2+ years of work.

But in an industry as devoted to controlling the message and the marketing at this one, an early beta represents an enormous risk. The MCC was going to sell itself (prior to the launch issues, anyway). Why put your next flagship game out there that long before release? They stand to lose everything if the public comes away hating this thing, a full year to fester.

Blueblur1

I can see Smart Scope retooled if there's a large enough outcry. Everything else will likely only be subject to nerfs. Personally, I'm liking what I'm seeing if the game so far. My concerns are the possibility of overpowered abilities and the power weapon callouts (audio and visual).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom