• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Australia for a month so no H5 beta for me. Unless someone I'm visiting has an Xbox One! Hopefully HaloGAF can post some good impressions.

RSB

Banned
ADS is change for the sake of change. Hating ADS is hating ADS.
FTFY.

I've always hated ADS, cosmetic or otherwise. Obviously, I hate traditional ADS (and all the accuracy/movement penalties related to its inclusion) way more than cosmetic ADS, but I still hate it.

Halo was one few shooters that still didn't include that awful shit, and seeing it now in Halo 5 sucks. Knowing the reason behind its inclusion makes it even worse, honestly (it has nothing to do with trying to make the best game possible, it is there to chase the modern shooter crowd, plain and simple)

The fact that we have to beg 343 to include the option to use classic scopes in a Halo game is just unbelievable.

Blueblur1

People with a sense of humor who recognize it's Will Arnett mocking dudebro shit?

I haven't watched the trailer with sound on. It's actually Will Arnett?! That's awesome!

Edit: Just watched it with sound. His voice over is slightly funny. Nothing worth complaining about.

Omni

People with a sense of humor who recognize it's Will Arnett mocking dudebro shit?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have no idea who that is /shrug. But mocking? How? Am I supposed to be laughing at the trailer?

I really don't see it. The music and voiceovers... It's just dudebro. Which is extremely cringy to me. I'm not complaining about the game here (I think H5 is looking pretty awesome), but meh

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
BTW ground pound takes a long time to both charge and set up, and has audio visual cues when it's being used. It's less stealthy than say an assassination, by far.

Hey Stinkles any chance of getting the RvB guys for something like spartan chatter? Would love to hear Caboose tell me that there's someone top mid! Lol

Omni

Do we know if the preview beta is the same one everyone will be playing on the 29th? So we don't have to download it twice?

RowdyReverb

FTFY.

I've always hated ADS, cosmetic or otherwise. Obviously, I hate traditional ADS (and all the accuracy/movement penalties related to its inclusion) way more than cosmetic ADS, but I still hate it.

Halo was one few shooters that still didn't include that awful shit, and seeing it now in Halo 5 sucks. Knowing the reason behind its inclusion makes it even worse, honestly (it has nothing to do with trying to make the best game possible, it is there to chase the modern shooter crowd, plain and simple)

The fact that we have to beg 343 to include the option to use classic scopes in a Halo game is just unbelievable.
But what is so great about the traditional Halo scope? And what is it about the look of ADS that stirs up hateful feelings in you? And what is wrong with attempting to court a large audience? Halo has always been meant to be a major public spectacle, not a conservative fan service like MCC was[spoiler ]intended to be[/spoiler].

CliQ

IuAdy0a.jpg

Because of the recent updates to Halo: CE we are going back to Blood Gulch this weekend for what hopes to be one awesome match! If you would like to play in this week's Throwdown please send me a PM with your GT or message me on XBL (GT - xCliQuEx).

Now, of course the Halo 5 beta will be up for preview members so please don't be shocked if this gets cancelled due to a low turnout.

See you on the battlefield!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I may or may not have a spare code tomorrow.

Will think of humiliating contest for it later.

edit: wait, maybe not. seems it's frowned upon to share preview prog codes.

But what is so great about the traditional Halo scope? And what is it about the look of ADS that stirs up hateful feelings in you? And what is wrong with attempting to court a large audience? Halo has always been meant to be a major public spectacle, not a conservative fan service like MCC was[spoiler ]intended to be[/spoiler].

Besides trying to entice a community that doesnt give a shit about halo, or modernizing. What is the point of ADS? or Sprint? we didnt have Sprint or ADS for 4 games, and those with online had a healthy online, and then look at the impact on the community that Reach and Halo 4 had.

but hey, keep fuckin that chicken.

BTW ground pound takes a long time to both charge and set up, and has audio visual cues when it's being used. It's less stealthy than say an assassination, by far.

Even though I have yet to play H5, common sense tells me that if you are going to do something as gutsy as a GP you are making the decision to not only make yourself vulnerable, but your are effectively giving up the high ground position you had control of (you can't activate GP unless elevated at a certain height).

I can see GP attempts ending up in a 1-1 kill trade more than anything. It's fun to watch and it really doesn't seem like something skilled players are going to be doing very often.

Kibbles

Are preview codes going to be sent out at midnight pacific or whatever tonight? Because I got work from 1 to close and since its 10GB it'd be nice to Download,sleep,wake up and hopefully it's finished so I can get some games in before work.

Glass

Will The Sprint episodes be going up on the Halo YouTube aswell as the Halo Channel? I bought my Xbox weeks ago and have been able to stick to my original plan of having it as a xmas present for myself and the other half, but the hype is getting real and my resilience is waning.

RSB

Banned
And what is wrong with having at least the option to use the classic scope?

I hate the look of ADS because I don't like having half my screen obstructed by the gun (and its muzzle flash) when I zoom. And I like the classic scope because it is simple, elegant, and doesn't block half the screen when I zoom. Easy, huh?

And trying to court a larger audience is not bad per se, but if doing so means screwing with the game design in negative ways, then it's bad. You can see dozens of examples of this in the game industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom