• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdot

I'm still having some killer lag but I've noticed its only on H2A maps. Like complete black out lag normally resulting in me getting murked. Haven't noticed it on any other games, only h2a

Blueblur1

Sprint was great. Genuinely loved it. Really well shot, lots of insight into the development process and fun to watch. Plus Vic. Gotta love Vic.

People with a sense of humor
Halo Fans: The
#
Butt
s
of every joke
Did it look like when he was in the light rifle mech the player was moving slower?
lololololol
If you're playing with radar on, you've already lost.
lololololol
Bookmark'd.

Also I know that getting an inv to the preview program won't get me a slot in the early Beta but if you have any slots left for the preview program I'd appreciate an inv anyways. Always love seeing what MS has cooking for their dashboard releases. :D
Add me so I can send you an invite.
What's the max distance on it though?
Blood Gulch.

But seriously, imagine that? Shoot off a mancannon and GROUND POUND straight to the enemy base. Please don't deny us of this for Custom Games Stinkles.

Welfare

But seriously, imagine that? Shoot off a mancannon and GROUND POUND straight to the enemy base. Please don't deny us of this for Custom Games Stinkles.

I need to be able to make it so that the Thruster Charge can be used for a lot longer and can go faster.

I basically want to do the Shinespark from Metroid.

BigShow36

BTW ground pound takes a long time to both charge and set up, and has audio visual cues when it's being used. It's less stealthy than say an assassination, by far.

SMG starts creates more interesting gameplay.

The BR spread is necessary to control the BR at range.

Ordinance wont fundamentally change the way you play the game.

Armor Lock is actually well balanced.

Sprint is necessary to keep the game fast paced.

Dedicated servers.

Just like you remember.

animation3szs4r.gif

So good, I would love to see more human weapons instead of forerunner weapons

SMG starts creates more interesting gameplay.

The BR spread is necessary to control the BR at range.

Ordinance wont fundamentally change the way you play the game.

Armor Lock is actually well balanced.

Sprint is necessary to keep the game fast paced.

Dedicated servers.

Just like you remember.

#trustus #feelslikehalo

RoKKeR

So it's December 18th and some of us will be playing Halo 5 tomorrow.

Damn, the full release is so far away but I'm pumped to play it.

Onikaan

So when I heard about this early access for Preview Members I was kinda hurt, man.

I'd like to play it early, it might even make me feel a little better about that fact that the game I bought doesn't work properly. But I'm not a preview member.

What gives?

If anyone has an early access beta code or whatever it is they'd be willing to share I'm interested! Haven't read up on the details yet, been working all day but I'm pretty pumped to see/heat more.

Oh goodness, what the hell was with the voice overs, they were terrible. Cringe worthy and you're over acting Steitzer, it stops sounding cool when you are overplaying every word.

Too many medals and announcements. All that ego stroking gets dull fast, if I'm getting half a dozen medals per kill, I don't care for them anymore and would rather hide them from the HUD. Same with announcements for everything, it stops being amusing and ends up resulting in Steitzer's yelling becoming an unoffical OST.

As for the game itself, it looks cool. Lightrifle scope-in is alright, hope some more mode variations/info are teased, small scale arena isn't all there is to Halo.

Blueblur1

Watched the trailer again and spotted a couple cool things.

From the combat log: "2014 halo 343 1 4-shotted 2014 Halo 343 4". It made laugh and smile. And it'll be great because it'll help identify really lethal players in the combat log.

At the 0:26 mark Steitzer says "Power Player" which I imagine is a new medal. Its probably in-line with some of the new more rewarding medals like Top Gun and Perfect Kill.

And I noticed more descriptive map capture point names. One of the capture points on the human map is specifically called "Turbine" as opposed to the old alpha, beta verbiage. "Enemy captured Turbine" is the verbiage used in the combat log as well. Spotted "Blue Bend" as well. Very nice.

I'm loving The Sprint so far.
It's great to see a more personal look at the development of my favorite game franchise.

The little "Cortana" jab was excellent.

belushy

Banned
I wanna see more stuff like the Sprint for all of development. Would be cool to do like a monthly recap or something once a month.

Yeah, it would be pretty cool to have dev episodes every week or every two weeks after the beta where 343 shows the changes they are considering based on the feedback. So one week we would see them test different scenarios for fixes with thruster, another week we see different ideas they have to nerf shoulder charge or sprint... that kind of stuff.

Yeah, it would be pretty cool to have dev episodes every week or every two weeks after the beta where 343 shows the changes they are considering based on the feedback. So one week we would see them test different scenarios for fixes with thruster, another week we see different ideas they have to nerf shoulder charge or sprint... that kind of stuff.
Ahahahahaha

Nowise10

If you hold any direction on the D-pad on the mainmenu in Halo 5, and click the A button, your game will break and become unresponsive.

Nowise10 wins first bug finder in Halo 5

DeadNames

Banned
Just watched The Sprint. I love these kinda things- seeing what goes into a game before it's shipped.

Kinda crazy to think that 343 actually considered traditional iron sights at one point. And descope wasn't in from the beginning, lol.

Hearing the monks at the end was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully they're back for Halo 5. Frankie- is the music in that in H5? And who is it composed by?

-Ryn

Banned
Dat early access hype. Can't wait to see if this ends in salty disappointment or rabid hype levels.

I love sprint (and jetpacks. holy hell, do I love jetpacks) but do not want ADS in Halo.
Jetpacks are almost as bad as Armor Lock.
Jet packs are so much fun. They're fucking JETPACKS. The problem is they're also JETPACKS. And jetspacks in competitive Halo are ruinous for maps. Still though. They're fun.

There be trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKWsPZjjjQ&feature=youtu.be

Damn... the new light rifle scope is fucking cool.
My god...

I think Steitzers cheese is growing on me. I mean, I prefer the older iterations but I think I can learn to like these. Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom