• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat early access hype. Can't wait to see if this ends in salty disappointment or rabid hype levels.

Jet packs are so much fun. They're fucking JETPACKS. The problem is they're also JETPACKS. And jetspacks in competitive Halo are ruinous for maps. Still though. They're fun.

My god...

I think Steitzers cheese is growing on me. I mean, I prefer the older iterations but I think I can learn to like these. Maybe...

Embrace Steitzer's new hamtastic direction. It's for the best.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Blood Gulch.

But seriously, imagine that? Shoot off a mancannon and GROUND POUND straight to the enemy base. Please don't deny us of this for Custom Games Stinkles.

You're on to something.
I have access, just not til tomorrow, lol.

I knew this would be your reply, but I went with it anyways. My point still stands,
just for me.
dank memes bruh

Nowise
I'm reevaluating whether my college education is worth a damn now...

As am I...

Kibbles

So when I heard about this early access for Preview Members I was kinda hurt, man.

I'd like to play it early, it might even make me feel a little better about that fact that the game I bought doesn't work properly. But I'm not a preview member.

What gives?
I'm a Xbox preview member so I'll be playing after work tomorrow night but yeah this does seem pretty shitty

FUNKNOWN wanna play some ce playlist? We wreck?
FanDIGI (sorry if you're from here, I forgot who this name belongs to) has 4 people and would like to play some CE 4v4's if you're down, he just messaged me.

Just got your invite too darth if you want to join. Can you guys get 1 more from that group you're in or did you have games already?

-Ryn

Banned
If I can get my hands on a preview code I'd love to make some cool videos for Halo 5 like I've done for Titanfall...
883620.gif

That was so god damn sexy. NICE job editing and those were some fine moves.

I can't wait for Titanfall 2 and I might have to buy Titanfall again for the One. That parkour is just toooooo goooooood.

How did I never know Nowise was in HS?
Lurk moar

Embrace Steitzer's new hamtastic direction. It's for the best.
That's some solid linkage there brah

You're on to something.
Ground Pound has so much potential for the Rule of Cool.

Hey, why the fuck haven't I gotten a code yet? The fuck you thinking 343i?
image.php

RBK

Banned
It has been known to occasionally bug out. One dude got his HD wiped.

But really, on the whole it's quite stable, and you get all the cool stuff first, so I'd say it's worth the risk.

Heard about that, but would like to this the chances of that happening is pretty rare.

Haven't owned a XB1 for that long, but been doing it for years now with the 360 with no issues.

MouldyK

Well, the beta is supposedly just for MCC owners
but we know everyone will get it by week 2
so idk how that's an early beta for an early beta.

I meant that you want in on an Early Beta of H5 because you bought an Early Beta of MCC. ;D

Either way, I want in on this Early Beta!

dwells

I really wish they would've put the Halo 5 Beta on hold until Master Chief Collection is fixed to the standard it was supposed to be at release. It's going to be irritating to play a beta that's more polished than the sixty dollar title I bought my console for.

My real fear is that with the attention shifting into Halo 5 mode, Master Chief Collection will never get fully fixed. It still has quite a ways to go, and it needs fixing ASAP if we want any hopes of still having a decent population. Even if it's 100% fixed within the next several months (not looking likely), that means we'll have all of six months with a damaged population before it all disappears to Halo 5.

All I wanted was properly working classic Halo with ranks, dedicated servers, and an active population.

:(

MouldyK

That BTS thing was a pretty cool watch. Hype is setting in...

Yeah, I loved getting a look in on the process of adding a map.

Kinda makes me go "Okay, they tested it quite a few times, so I guess they atleast thought things through before adding it."

Also makes it easier to find the people who suggested weird ideas, like the guy wanting ship shadows in...how would anyone here react to that?

singhr1

I really wish they would've put the Halo 5 Beta on hold until Master Chief Collection is fixed to the standard it was supposed to be at release. It's going to be irritating to play a beta that's more polished than the sixty dollar title I bought my console for.

My real fear is that with the attention shifting into Halo 5 mode, Master Chief Collection will never get fully fixed. It still has quite a ways to go, and it needs fixing ASAP if we want any hopes of still having a decent population. Even if it's 100% fixed within the next several months (not looking likely), that means we'll have all of six months with a damaged population before it all disappears to Halo 5.

All I wanted was properly working classic Halo with ranks, dedicated servers, and an active population.

Everyone wants that, but it's different teams working on different timetables. Pushing the beta back would mean less time to make changes before full release.

See Classic halo is broken. and no one wants it, adapt

-Ryn

Banned

Ah I wouldn't dwell on it.

I personally don't really care that the beta will work better. But I do get the concern about population. However I also think that the population will be fine. Even after H5 is released. Sure there will be the initial "Holy shit new game, everyone play!" but it will eventually even out a little. H5 will most likely have a higher population sure but again I think the MCC's will be fine.

CliQ

For anyone that was playing the bg ctf game with my my controller lost sync and wouldn't recnnect until I rebooted my box. Sorry guys I got to go to bed.

So I can open up the menu for my early access Halo 5 Beta but I can't go past the splash screen yet. But there's about 4 tracks of new music that loop at the menu and they are amazing. Very orchestral with minor electronic ambient and rhythmic effects. Interesting musical structure that is nothing like the generic Davidge music from Halo 4.

My Kazuma hype is off the charts. =)

Finaj

I'm confused. You still need to own the MCC even if you are a Preview Member to get in the beta, don't you? Isn't that's why the Halo 5 beta access is in the MCC menu?

Rev3rb

So I can open up the menu for my early access Halo 5 Beta but I can't go past the splash screen yet. But there's about 4 tracks of new music that loop at the menu and they are amazing. Very orchestral with minor electronic ambient and rhythmic effects. Interesting musical structure that is nothing like the generic Davidge music from Halo 4.

My Kazuma hype is off the charts. =)

Jelly
crackers

blamite

Bonnie Ross: "we'll make it right"

Invites people who potentially don't even play Halo to an early beta.

Feels real good to be a Halo fan right now.

Yeah man I mean I bought an entire goddamn Xbox for this thing but sure, go give the beta to Johnny Titanfall over there, I'm sure he'll love it.

Meanwhile 5 weeks after launch it's still impossible for me to find a match in BTB.

Mix

Me, Ghazi and Zoojoo are in the preview program thankfully. We only need one more code for Wahrer then our next episode of RR can be focused on what we play and our feedback, so that would be cool.

Frank pls

heckfu

Banned
Me, Ghazi and Zoojoo are in the preview program thankfully. We only need one more code for Wahrer then our next episode of RR can be focused on what we play and our feedback, so that would be cool.

Frank pls

God make this happen, Frank. If there's something we've all been clamoring for as a community is for Reclaimer Radio to come back.

dwells

Bonnie Ross: "we'll make it right"

Invites people who potentially don't even play Halo to an early beta.

Feels real good to be a Halo fan right now.
It really feels like they don't care about us or the Master Chief Collection. It feels as if they're just doing what they have to do to quell some of the controversy and get the game near what would be appropriate for release. Halo 5 is the game they care about, and MCC is just a stillborn stopgap for which they're counting the seconds until they can cut the life support.

I don't know. I hope I get proved wrong. I hope I can relive the feeling of playing ranked Halo 2 games in the 40s and every last player being on edge and hyper-competitive. No other game has ever got my heart pumping and adrenaline flowing like that, and you better believe I miss that feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom