• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sprint was amazing and I really am looking forward to more. Much better done than I had expected it would be.

It was great! Loved every moment of it. Liked the detailed breakdown of making the map and the internal push back from the game designers towards the artists.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Are you kidding me?

tboTo9o.png

TCKaos

Can confirm that CE's autoaim is, in fact, actually repelling the reticle from enemies. It happened to me in every CE game I played tonight.

Also, whatever algorithm governs trueskill is inherently broken. I was constantly matched up against players with literally ten times more games played than me with K/Ds in the 2.0+ (3000+ more kills than deaths) while I'm sitting comfortably in the 0.9 territory (some 40 deaths more than kills, or at least I was. Now it's something like 60). It has been this way since the MCC launched, and I'd like there to something implemented to address this.

A 30 minute long 3v3 CTF match with a team composed of those guys on Hang-Em-High turns in to an ordeal, not game.

-Ryn

Banned
The Spring was really really good. I like that all the episodes seem to be linking together, showing each step. I love that kind of stuff.
Hopefully next Spring will be just as lovely.

But enough about mother nature's mood swings. If this Sprint thing is as good as you guys say, I look forward to future episodes. Now if I can just watch it that'd be grand.

First game in weeks on Halo MCC. MM took about 5 minutes, but at least it showed progress and I knew a match was actually going to happen.

Game ended, and got stuck staring at the scorecard for about 3 minutes before I finally got thrown in the post game lobby.

Frustrating, but at least I was able to play a match.

I want to play Halo 5.

Tawpgun

Can confirm that CE's autoaim is, in fact, actually repelling the reticle from enemies. It happened to me in every CE game I played tonight.

Thought I was going crazy.

It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. Weird.

Can't wait to play tomorrow, but I'm still not very sure WHEN exactly the beta is supposed to go live. It's either 10am PST or 1pm PST.

If its not live by 1 pm PST, I'd probs recommend huge panic

Do we already know at which time the Beta will be able to download today?

Damn I already planned getting the Legend Achievement for the 29th, but now my whole free weekend will be spend in H5G I guess

wwm0nkey

Thought I was going crazy.

It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. Weird.

Can't wait to play tomorrow, but I'm still not very sure WHEN exactly the beta is supposed to go live. It's either 10am PST or 1pm PST.

If its not live by 1 pm PST, I'd probs recommend huge panic
I too experienced the repelling aim. Was weird as hell.

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
I Had work when this whole preview beta thing happened, and I don't have a day off until Christmas. I guess the beta to the beta was just not meant for me ;-;
I work retail as well. RIP KiboSenshi

Mix

Oh hey look, The Sprint's release schedule. Was this posted already?

Episode 1: Balance

Premiering Thursday, December 18 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

The 343 Industries pro team gives their final feedback on “Truth,” an homage to the Halo 2 map “Midship,” which will be included in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.

Episode 2: Give & Take

Premiering Friday, December 19 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

The art team discovers that some of the ideas they have don’t quite meld with the layout set forth by the level designers. With time running out, what compromises must be made?

Episode 3: Prophets

Premiering Saturday, December 20 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

With the map “Truth” well on its way to completion, the art team must shift their focus to the remix map “Regret,” which presents a massive undertaking in and of itself. Will there be enough time to finish it before the deadline?

Episode 4: Breakout

Premiering Sunday, December 21 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team invites Halo pros to the studio to offer feedback that could shape the future of the competitive experience.

Episode 5: Shutdown

Premiering Monday, December 22 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team buckles down to make sure every detail of the upcoming Multiplayer Beta is firing on all cylinders.

Episode 6: Gold

Premiering Tuesday, December 23 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team begins to wrap up production on the public beta... but not before getting a little friendly competition in to celebrate another milestone.

Make sure to check back every day through December 23 for a new episode of “The Sprint – Making Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta,” available on the Halo Channel, Windows 8.1, or Xbox One. We hope you enjoy these end-of-year Halo festivities, which culminate in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, kicking off on Monday, December 29. Happy hunting, Spartans!
http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-...ncement?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
Hey bro. If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't able to get in either
because I don't have a One
When do you think you'll have a One? I got one a couple months after I got a job mostly because my priorities aren't straight. Halo is an addiction, robbing me of money:p

Deception

Not that's not forge, it's just a map with simple geometry for playtest purposes.

Edit: thought you were talking about the beginning of the video not the pic of crossfire.

Computron

Not that's not forge, it's just a map with simple geometry for playtest purposes.

I dont think so. They already had blockout meshes in the midship parts of the video with actuall blockout/placeholder textures. That would be what I would expect to see if you are correct.

However, what they have in that screenshot looks like a custom built shader for the floor that glows around the edges of things that sit on top of it and fully textured forge pieces strewn about.
Seems in line with some of what Frank was talking about earlier perhaps...

-Ryn

Banned
So, is this forge for halo 5?
If my earlier guess turns out to be right I am going to flip.
It's probably just an alpha build and that's all there is to it.

*Edit*
You're theory sounds quote plausible and I hope I am flipping hard when we find out.

Oh hey look, The Sprint's release schedule. Was this posted already?

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-...ncement?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Sweeeeeeet. Thanks dude.

When do you think you'll have a One? I got one a couple months after I got a job mostly because my priorities aren't straight. Halo is an addiction, robbing me of money:p
lmao I know that feel bro.
Honestly I didn't think I would be able to get a One in time for the beta but with this job I just got I might be able to get a One in a couple weeks. Just gotta put my ass into overdrive! With burning soul!! So yeah hopefully I'll be able to join all of you guys in the beta :D

Deception

I dont think so. They already had blockout meshes in the midship parts of the video with actuall blockout/placeholder textures. That would be what I would expect to see if you are correct.

However, what they have in that screenshot looks like a custom built shader for the floor that glows around the edges of things that sit on top of it and fully textured forge pieces strewn about.

Oh I misunderstood you meant the screenshot. Yeah could be forge, but I'm leaning more towards Breakout being like Foundry where you can use preset forge pieces to edit the layout of the map.

Not gonna lie, the more I see of the clamber move in Halo 5 the more excited I am to try it. It's really fun to watch someone boost out of the way and clamber up to an area and return fire.

Hopefully the entertainment of watching all of these elements skillfully strung together mixed with a spectator mode will make Halo 5 a truly great esport.

-Ryn

Banned
Not gonna lie, the more I see of the clamber move in Halo 5 the more excited I am to try it. It's really fun to watch someone boost out of the way and clamber up to an area and return fire.

Hopefully the entertainment of watching all of these elements skillfully strung together mixed with a spectator mode will make Halo 5 a truly great esport.
This combo at the :13 second mark was really damn cool to me

I look forward to seeing the various ways we can chain abilities. They certainly look awesome already.

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
Really like the way Halo 5 looks, spartan's with black/grey undersuit too hnnng. Stronghold looks nice, the glow of the territory looks good. So excited to get my hands on this game.
DMyr5JN.jpg

-Ryn

Banned
Really like the way Halo 5 looks, spartan's with black/grey undersuit too hnnng. Stronghold looks nice, the glow of the territory looks good. So excited to get my hands on this game.
DMyr5JN.jpg
It's going to be so god damn cool.
Can't wait to play with all of you guys. Here's hoping they surprise us with some BTB though. Or another beta with some BTB.

belushy

Banned

It just looks early versions of the Breakout pieces to me, to be honest. Doesn't look all that different then what we've seen of forge already.

jem0208

Just watched the first Sprint episode. That was actually really interesting. I find it quite odd how the art team can have an impact of the actual level design.

Madness

I Had work when this whole preview beta thing happened, and I don't have a day off until Christmas. I guess the beta to the beta was just not meant for me ;-;
I work retail as well. RIP KiboSenshi

dozRNR2.jpg

Yeah...Don't worry, we'll catch our break too. Just got to keep our eyes open.

Match H2A 50s & high 40s then vote goes in for one bomb assault Stonetown....getting a halfie...dropped back to main background loading screen and game cramps out. VaderNo.gif no sails & no wind.

At least guardians beta is downloaded and ready to go.

Akai__

Early beta access sucks?

I didn't say that. I was complaining about the time, because that's at 10pm CET.

But to be honest... It's pretty unfair towards all the people who bought the MCC on day 1. I mean, I'm happy, that I got early access, but this special treatment just makes people even more pissed.

Ah man, codes were given out yesterday!? That's what I get for getting drunk.

If you are in the Xbox One preview program, you should check your messages.

Welfare

But to be honest... It's pretty unfair towards all the people who bought the MCC on day 1. I mean, I'm happy, that I got early access, but this special treatment just makes people even more pissed.

No it's not. AT ALL. It's not like MS are giving codes to randoms on XBL.

Akai__

No it's not. AT ALL. It's not like MS are giving codes to randoms on XBL.

It is in my eyes. AC: Unity wasn't even half as broken as the MCC and Ubisoft is giving people a free game (for Season Pass owners) and free DLC (for everybody) for the problems Unity caused. What is Micosoft doing? Oh yeah, they are treating us like a 3 class society...

At least they give something till the MCC works even better( which it does nowadays pretty good)

I had a session or two a week or so ago where I thought it was 'pretty good'. I played last night, however, and all the problems are still there. I was playing in a party with two friends; on two seperate matches the game dropped one of them before the game started. The second one put him off the game entirely for the night so our party was ruined. 3v3 is now the standard in TS and the H3 playlist. I think every single game I played in the H3 playlist (4 or 5 games) started either 4v3 or 3v2. Trueskill matching was practically non-existent. I'm encountering a glitch in H3 more often than I ever did in the original where the option to pick a weapon up off the floor is not presented. The first few weeks of the MCC, when I did manage to get a game, the connections were amazing. The last week or two, the connections have been very, very iffy. Still no dedicated servers obviously.

That's the technical side. The playlist curation, at least for the H3 list, is a disgrace at the current time. The H3 list is essentially an AR exclusive playlist. I got to a point after sequential AR starts and... I just couldn't do it anymore. The game was turned off. Non-BR starts are utter cancer and completely ruin the H3 playlist. Not to mention BTB still has AR starts.

Thought it was just me. Weirdest glitch.

RowdyReverb

Can you explain what it is you're seeing? Is the reticle literally moving away from a player without input, or is it just that the reticle slows down when approaching a player? I haven't noticed it, but I didn't know what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom