• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I played a ton of Halo CE last night, man, such awesomeness. What I loved about the matches were that you could tell there were veteran Halo players playing, they were timing the powerups/weapons, especially on Priz and Dammy. Dammy was amazing, I love the quick respawning sniper rifles, rockets, os and camo...makes for exciting battles that seem to go non-stop.

Since they added the HCE playlist, I haven't even touched the other playlists, and I'm not sure I will any time soon because, what's the point?

All of the crap that Halo became over the years with regen health, duel wielding, homing missle plasma pistol, the lack of a proper utility weapon, etc..., it's all so frustrating so why put myself through that torture?

I don't mind Halo 2 as much, but the rest of them are garbage in my opinion.

Also, after playing so many matches of HCE last night, I can't understand why they would deter from that gameplay at all. The action is so fast paced, it's essentially the fastest Halo out of all of them.

Also, I got to play my first CTF match in HCE, it was on Wizard. I never got to play CTF when I lanned HCE because we didn't have enough people. Last night's CTF though was incredibly fun.

2v2 CE

Yawning-Man.jpg

RSB

Banned
Clamber looks horrible. Unlike crouch jump, it seems you can only use it if you are looking in the direction of the platform you need to reach, and of course, it lowers the weapon during the animation (I guess sprint wasn't enough, huh?) Ew.

In the end Clamber is there as just another crutch for bad players. If you miss a jump you should fall, period.

But hey, gotta chase that modern shooter audience. Who cares about good game design, right?

Any one making a Beta thread? I know this kinda sprung up pretty quick but I think we need one.

I'll post up a feedback thread, but I ain't doing a general thread.

Format will be like this.

What you liked?

What you disliked?

What would you change?

Gameplay related bugs.

Miscellaneous bugs.

Of course I'll do small a introduction and end it on #butts.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'll post up a feedback thread, but I ain't doing a general thread.

Format will be like this.

What you liked?

What you disliked?

What would you change?

Gameplay related bugs.

Miscellaneous bugs.

Of course I'll do small a introduction and end it on #butts.

I'd really like a two-way conversation/discussion on the Halo 5 beta. If 343 truly wants feedback, I'd love to know exactly to what extent. I'm not wasting keystrokes on feedback if it's just going to go in one ear and out the other.

On top of that, my personal feedback would be from a critical point of view, specifically in regards to competitive balance. I'd really like to know if that type of feedback would even be taken serious.

If the feedback is just for "how can we make things better for things that are expected", then I'll pass all together.

DeadNames

Banned
I believe it's all Kazuma Jinnouchi, 343's in-house composer. He did 117 and basically all of my favorite tracks in Halo 4.

Yeah, IIRC he did the good songs.

Davidge was okay, but certainly not worthy of Halo. All the songs were too samey. I just hope the monks return in full.

Why didn't 343 pick up Marty? Wasn't he fired from Bungie?

Working until 7pm today (sadface) but at least the Halo 5 beta will be waiting for me when I get home. Thank you Preview team for hooking us up! :)

After the beta trailer, I'm super hyped! (pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood)

Mdot

Thought The Sprint episode last night was pretty cool. I like how they're putting up a new one each night instead of weekly. Fun insight into how a map is created, which we've obviously seen before in Vidocs, but this seemed a little more in depth since it was all dedicated to the one map.

nillapuddin

Windows Phone
Surface 2

With me at all times

No Halo Channel

The ONE time I leave my Xbox for a business trip, all the craziness is happening

Cannot watch the sprint, cannot has beta beta,

So much sad

Madness

I don't know, now that I've actually been playing match after match, 3v3 isn't too bad either. Sometimes it's nice having a third person for the maps. 2v2 CE is great. But I'm enjoying 3v3 just the same. 4v4 CE isn't bad, it's just some of the smaller maps and the poor spawns basically mean many deaths at spawn before you can even get your pistol out.

Edit: On an unrelated note, loved the Sprint myself. Coupled with their remaking the legend documentary, 343 is doing great work. This is one area they're definitely Out-Bungie-ing, Bungie.

blasphemy

No amount of articulate megaposts can salvage Henery's turrible opiniom

killed his career just like Bobby Shmurda

1376414389585_zpsdc9f38c1.gif

Sooooooooooo, I went to download the beta earlier and it says the code has already been redeemed. I put it down to the beta not officially being available until later today but others with codes say they've pre-loaded it. Reckon I'm being trolled somewhere.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wait do you guys are already able to dl the beta I'm a preview member and nothing for me so far except the meassage that it will start today fpr us?

Akai__

Anyone doing a beta OT?

I could throw something together if not.

According to the OT OT thread VisceralBowl is doing something. Maybe PM him and ask if he needs help? His OT is probably going online on the 29th, though.

Also, Elzar plans to open up a feedback thread.
Inb4 curse of Elzar.

Haruko

Why didn't 343 pick up Marty? Wasn't he fired from Bungie?

He wasn't booted from Bungie til after H5 production was underway. He does work for Microsoft Game Studios now, but not 343i
yet. Joseph Staten is in a similar situation

If he returns to the series, it'd be for Halo 6+

Madness

Halo 5: Guardians - Multiplayer Beta by VisceralBowl,TheOddOne, and Mix (17th December, 2014)

Just check the OT threads to see if someone has claimed something. Apparently 3 people working on it already.

Edit: Beaten like crazy. I got sidetracked reading the DMC OT drama while looking for the post though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh man, dat music.

Same thing as H4 - doesn't fit much with the rest of the series but it's excellent on its own. Only heard like 2 things from YT vids, wonder if there's more.

Madness

Oh man, dat music.

Same thing as H4 - doesn't fit much with the rest of the series but it's excellent on its own. Only heard like 2 things from YT vids, wonder if there's more.

Damn. Please, give me monks over any new designed wailing. Master Chief Collection music in menus has me pretty hyped every time. Even if due to the searching... Searching... Searching...I started to get tired of it, and it's pretty loud, but it's just Halo.

Kinnouchi is good, let's hope the final game does at least tie some traditional/nostalgic music in.

Oh man, dat music.

I sat in my living room with the menu open listening to the music for 10 minutes this morning before heading to work. lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
1376414389585_zpsdc9f38c1.gif

Sooooooooooo, I went to download the beta earlier and it says the code has already been redeemed. I put it down to the beta not officially being available until later today but others with codes say they've pre-loaded it. Reckon I'm being trolled somewhere.

where did you get thy code?

Madness

Hook up some codes if you can Frank. I can't stand having to wait 10 more days knowing thousands are going to be playing over the next two days.

m23

He wasn't booted from Bungie til after H5 production was underway. He does work for Microsoft Game Studios now, but not 343i
yet. Joseph Staten is in a similar situation

If he returns to the series, it'd be for Halo 6+

Wait wut...

Sorry dude, I wouldn't have them. Randomly caught them last night while at a friend's place.

I'd imagine there'll be a ton of vids today, as this appears to be an open-ish thing.

No problem, thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom