• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Most of the problems can be attributed to that. Most likely the crashes too. (outside of the halo 4 crashes)

Is you came 1th a product of server load?

I think you are sugarcoating the current nature of the game by chalking it up to server load issues. Yes that is the primary thing facing 343 right now but there is a layer of unpolished and jagged edges throughout the entire game.

Is you came 1th a product of server load?

I think you are sugarcoating the current nature of the game by chalking it up to server load issues. Yes that is the primary thing facing 343 right now but there is a layer of unpolished and jagged edges throughout the entire game.

When I saw streams of this thing I dont think I ever saw it be 1th or -1th

Rev3rb

9BJM2AN.jpg

Impala26

any customs games going on?

We tried... We tried so damn hard.

We probably got in like 3 mostly legit games over a three hour span. Really bummed me out because the previous night our customs were running relatively smoothly.

Like Mix said, we'll be trying again tomorrow night and various times this weekend.

God save our masochistic souls...

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Okay, what the fuck.
I can't watch halo nightfall. I launch it from the MCC, halo channel tells me to buy halo.

I've unlocked all the halo 2 terminals, got the achievements. Half are still locked on the halo channel.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

So Terminals + Nightfall ppl can't access for some reason in the halo channel app and MCC servers are shit atm?

Well that blows. Sorry guys.

*playsonhis360*

Madness

Apparently being able to to boot anyone at anytime still isn't fixed either. Just booted all 5 people from the other team and ended the match. This is pathetic at this point.

Killer

Banned
We tried... We tried so damn hard.

We probably got in like 3 mostly legit games over a three hour span. Really bummed me out because the previous night our customs were running relatively smoothly.

Like Mix said, we'll be trying again tomorrow night and various times this weekend.

God save our masochistic souls...

lol. that's fine. I'm down for some games tomorrow.

TCKaos

Okay, what the fuck.
I can't watch halo nightfall. I launch it from the MCC, halo channel tells me to buy halo.

I've unlocked all the halo 2 terminals, got the achievements. Half are still locked on the halo channel.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Same here. Selecting Nightfall in MCC brings me to the Halo Channel. Selecting it in Halo Channel brings me back to the same menu in MCC. I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Holy fuck, this launch is a goddamned disaster. Almost literally nothing went right. Almost nothing.

Madness

As a temporary fix, if you watch the Halofest highlights, they play the full episode of Nightfall for you in the last 30 minutes, right after Kiki and Mike Colter aka Locke are done talking with Blair Herter.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
As a temporary fix, if you watch the Halofest highlights, they play the full episode of Nightfall for you in the last 30 minutes, right after Kiki and Mike Colter aka Locke are done talking with Blair Herter.
Thanks, did that just earlier. Hope they fix this shit before episode 2 comes out at least.

Also for the record, I thought that first episode was okay. Might set up some bigger and better things.

Madness

Man I just watched this stream with some solid CE players. 2v2 on Hang Em High, no radar. You can really see why it took skill to play high level back then. Learning weapon times, spawn areas, even things like grenading the sniper towards you and quickly getting a headshot off etc. So good.

I just finished a Halo 4 campaign mission and was greeted by a black screen with little red text in the upper left that read, "Unknown build, cannot detect." It was stuck like that until I quit, first problem I've ran into outside of one crash to dashboard, but really? :lol

Nirvana

Any Aussie customs happening tonight? Really want to actually play some multiplayer as I have only found about 3 games with uneven teams this entire week :(

Otherwise I'll just finish my Legendary Halo 2 run I suppose. Although I am up to Regret...jesus I hate that fight.

Madness

I just finished a Halo 4 campaign mission and was greeted by a black screen with little red text in the upper left that read, "Unknown build, cannot detect." It was stuck like that until I quit, first problem I've ran into outside of one crash to dashboard, but really? :lol

Yeah. And this is one of the supposed bugs that's not network dependent either. So who knows if it was present before launch or what. I'm not certain any of this will be fixed before Halo 5 beta either.

FyreWulff

The gametype menu for Halo 3 Forge is missing. Normally you can hit “start” and select the gametype you want to edit the map for. This menu is missing in the MCC.
This means that forgers cannot place objective game objects on maps, including bomb spawn points and bomb plants. As a result, Halo 3 Grifball (and all other custom objective game maps) cannot be created in Halo 3 Forge.

wat

ElRenoRaven

Yea I had that happen to me when loading the 2nd to last level. I think outside the matchmaking issues that and the saving issues have to be some of the biggest WTFs to me.

Ramirez

Oh god, I didn't know you had to manually invert flight controls too. Just had the worst Banshee attack in the history of Halo, my brain couldn't do it.

FyreWulff

Nothing surprises me at this point.

I guess that explains why Halo 3's maps are vanilla, it's actually impossible to reforge the maps into their updated forms in the game's Forge mode.

All it would have taken was for someone to load up a map and try to make a test map and the issue would have been found within a minute..

Apparently the trait zones can't be edited in Halo 4 due to this as well.

JDHarbs

Yeah I tried to spawn a hill on Sandbox earlier today and couldn't. It had been a long time since I used H3 Forge so I figured it was just me doing something stupid like forgetting to go into Forge with the correct gametype or something, but this may be a bigger problem than I thought.

FyreWulff

Yeah I tried to spawn a hill on Sandbox earlier today and couldn't. It had been a long time since I used H3 Forge so I figured it was just me doing something stupid like forgetting to go into Forge with the correct gametype or something, but this may be a bigger problem than I thought.

Yep. Halo 3 Forge is basically nonfunctional with that bug.

Madness

http://www.twitch.tv/prophl33t

2v2 Halo CE with really good players. BigShow is on the other team. Streamers are Hosting.

The stream I was watching earlier, I think they were playing against this prophl33t team. Watching on the Halo channel app. Watching BigShow play right now.

Imagine once the 2v2 ranked playlist starts and all these issues are fixed. With dedicated servers, would play so much better.

zap

I guess that explains why Halo 3's maps are vanilla, it's actually impossible to reforge the maps into their updated forms in the game's Forge mode.

All it would have taken was for someone to load up a map and try to make a test map and the issue would have been found within a minute..

Apparently the trait zones can't be edited in Halo 4 due to this as well.

It's gone from ridiculous to just plain impressive that they could ship a game this broken.

MouldyK

Off-topic, but I like this community, so showing you something I read in the paper today:

1507216_10202304070877307_4027530385745399093_o.jpg

Lol, sure. That game dips on ps4 don't it?

Any Aussie customs happening tonight? Really want to actually play some multiplayer as I have only found about 3 games with uneven teams this entire week :(

Otherwise I'll just finish my Legendary Halo 2 run I suppose. Although I am up to Regret...jesus I hate that fight.

If you feel like playing with us again then yes. Last night we had good success filling a party then doing matchmaking BTB and just voting with no need to find more enemy players. Went from District 2 flag CE to Burial Mounds H2 1 flag to Stonetown H2A 1 flag... So great when it all holds together.

We even found solid fun with Gungoose 2 flag for one game worth. Anyhow any Aussies welcome generally. GT same as GAF name.

Omni

If you feel like playing with us again then yes. Last night we had good success filling a party then doing matchmaking BTB and just voting with no need to find more enemy players. Went from District 2 flag CE to Burial Mounds H2 1 flag to Stonetown H2A 1 flag... So great when it all holds together.

We even found solid fun with Gungoose 2 flag for one game worth. Anyhow any Aussies welcome generally. GT same as GAF name.

You should add me. Always good to have more Aussies on my friends list. randomrosso93

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom