• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So the game doesn't save checkpoints in campaign if you play coop?
Has it always done that?

Wanted to finish up a level that my son and I were playing and it said we had to start over. Didn't have enough time before bed to start over. Sad kid goes to bed. 343 makes kid sad.

I wonder if the Beta might experience these server issues?

Nah. I'd lay money on part of the MCC's problem being rooted in trying to translate the original netcode and matchmaking setups to dedis and the new Xbox Live functions. Halo 5 will be built from the ground up with that stuff in mind.

Nowise10

So the game doesn't save checkpoints in campaign if you play coop?
Has it always done that?

Wanted to finish up a level that my son and I were playing and it said we had to start over. Didn't have enough time before bed to start over. Sad kid goes to bed. 343 makes kid sad.

Always has been like this in every Halo.
Except ODST. ODST had co-op checkpoints.

nillapuddin

For Wahrer

Theory:
3 Story Elevator+

Trigger -> Activate Garage Doors and Delay Spawn 2nd Garage Doors.
Trigger -> Activate 2nd Garage Doors and Delay Spawn 3rd Garage Doors.
Trigger -> Activate 3rd Garage Doors

Triggers (aka a Hill Zone with scripting properties) make the most sense for this application imo, because the zones can encompass the platform and multiple Triggers can be placed throughout the length of the elevator shaft, waiting to be hit while ascending. This way we would only need 1 button press to begin, or potentially no buttons at all.

I assume that once weve been able to create that scenario, we could do it near indefinitely. However I think I am getting lost somewhere, and the constant flipping to customs was wearing on me. Does that sound right to you guys?

ElRenoRaven

Well this is a new bug. Loaded a level in Halo 4 and just got a black screen with music playing. No messages or anything. I noticed that as it was loading though the view gamercard thing came up like being in a multiplayer lobby. Only after xbox buttoning to dash did the pause menu show up so I could quit but that wouldn't respond so I had to close the game. And when reloading the last save is requiem which was 3 levels before that.

daedalius

Got a match once pretty quick. Now... Was going to say nothing but got a match.

But it's 4v3 smh

Time for wow I think.

Ricochet still awesome confirmed.

I honestly can't deal with the game with the state it's in, it's literally unenjoyable for me, and i feel bad for saying that,because I know 343 has put a lot of work into this and they're working hard to get this fixed, but it tries my patience to put up with this game.

lulz I totally just played with Omlet. We got stuck being a man down 2v3 on Sanctuary, but I let him carry me to victory.

EDIT: Apparently it was Domino Theory ha. GG 8)

Mix

believe it or not, I fucking hate speedy. Customs are not doing to hot right now on top of MM. Oh well, at least we can play the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm just gonna play Destiny until MM is fixed.
Yeah, I'm gonna go back to mostly not playing games, with some occasional Mario Kart DLC here and there. I'll try Halo again in a few days.

Mix

we'll try again tomorrow. MM is working for me finally, thank you to everyone who tried to come out and play, thanks to Biggy for hosting after my box shit out and thanks for dat host.

Try again after work tomorrow.

Mix

Gonna change my gamertag when I get paid next, should it be MixMCC, MixMisterChief or Mixmisterchief?

Mix, MixMC, and any other variation has been taken

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Matchmaking, customs, achievements, terminal/halo channel and the UI are all bound to a networking environment, fyi. So yes, all those things may have operated fine in dev before launch.

RoKKeR

^^^ Clearly they knew it was coming in hot, all of the problems with the game are not a result of everyone hopping on to play.

I think the fact that the Halo 3 maps are old is just embarrassing. There are still radar jammers on maps... really? Jesus.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Gonna change my gamertag when I get paid next, should it be MixMCC, MixMisterChief or Mixmisterchief?

Mix, MixMC, and any other variation has been taken

Mixmisterchief

My campaign goals always include getting a Warthog somewhere it shouldn't be. This time's achievement? Gauss Hog on a Scarab.
xboxclip

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
^^^ Clearly they knew it was coming in hot, all of the problems with the game are not a result of everyone hopping on to play.

I think the fact that the Halo 3 maps are old is just embarrassing. There are still radar jammers on maps... really? Jesus.

Most of the problems can be attributed to that. Most likely the crashes too. (outside of the halo 4 crashes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom