• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer

I am getting much better at the game. At first I did not want to be a AR noob witch dose not work in H5. The AR is actually fun to use for once.

Alright, fresh day. So far, I'm of the belief that sprint is a terrible mechanic for Halo that needs to go, so we'll see if that changes today despite the disappointment of sprinting in circles around the map chasing kills and finding enemies because they're sprinting around most of the time too. Feels wrong for Halo and it's too janky at times. Combining it with thrusters makes it way too easy to escape a fight, so if you're playing against a good team there's a lot in-and-out, poking fights, something I'm not about.

We'll see though. Also, the Magnum isn't what I was hoping for but I can't deny it's an improvement. I wish it had more range though or maybe one less shot to kill, but maybe that was the lag from last night.

Speaking of which, anyone else been getting hit detection issues in the beta? I was frequently getting games last night, mostly when partied, where my button inputs were delayed or there were hit registration problems.

CyReN

uhhh

1HCISmz.png

First game, sprint sprint sprint sprint run away run away run away run away

Fuck................... will this be Halo 5? I don't think I can take another Halo game like this, might need to see that hypnotist after all.
Screen shake is Fucking me up so hard
It's so terrible.

EDIT:
Radar REALLY breaks this game. Especially on midship.

Ugh.

Not to mention chucking grenades until I receive a hit marker.
Crouched to be off radar. Enemy throes grenade and gets hit marker.

Charges me to kill.

Dumb.
Motion tracker with these mobility options leads to frustration like no other. I don't think I can take what Halo's come to with 100% nonstop sprint and motion tracker.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I guess the thing I like most about this beta is that all of the shit that should make it a mess, is barely used in matches. I've connected one shoulder charge, and one ground pound in like 30 games. I love that the shoulder charge doesn't have huge assist on it like the Titan's charge in Destiny.

I don't mind the ADS at all, and think the DMR's scope does a great job of nerfing it's ability to destroy everything. I know I'm in the minority on that, but whatever. I rarely ever use ADS anyways, mostly on the BR, which I don't really care much for in this game for some reason. Would much rather have the DMR and a pistol as my combo.

The AR/SMG are rather ridiculous in power right now. I don't have a problem with them being powerful, but the skill required to get a kill should reflect the difficulty of the other weapons. I think you could do that specifically with the AR by lowering it's clip. The SMG could maybe stay the same if it's only going to be a map pick up.

My biggest complaint is visual clarity. This is something that has been getting worse with every game since Reach introduced the film grain. I think some of it is the Xbox crushing blacks or whatever, because I have a hard time seeing people in H2A and certain maps like Warlock in MCC. You all definitely need to make players more easily identifiable when playing. Stuff like the sword glow really showcases how much visual noise there is, I think.

Oh, and I hate the frequency at which grenades get shot out of your hand, I would rather this not even be possible, as it's not a very fun mechanic, and is pretty much luck based.

agreed on all of this but wanted to second the visibility and auto concerns especially

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I guess the thing I like most about this beta is that all of the shit that should make it a mess, is barely used in matches. I've connected one shoulder charge, and one ground pound in like 30 games. I love that the shoulder charge doesn't have huge assist on it like the Titan's charge in Destiny.

I don't mind the ADS at all, and think the DMR's scope does a great job of nerfing it's ability to destroy everything. I know I'm in the minority on that, but whatever. I rarely ever use ADS anyways, mostly on the BR, which I don't really care much for in this game for some reason. Would much rather have the DMR and a pistol as my combo.

The AR/SMG are rather ridiculous in power right now. I don't have a problem with them being powerful, but the skill required to get a kill should reflect the difficulty of the other weapons. I think you could do that specifically with the AR by lowering it's clip. The SMG could maybe stay the same if it's only going to be a map pick up.

My biggest complaint is visual clarity. This is something that has been getting worse with every game since Reach introduced the film grain. I think some of it is the Xbox crushing blacks or whatever, because I have a hard time seeing people in H2A and certain maps like Warlock in MCC. You all definitely need to make players more easily identifiable when playing. Stuff like the sword glow really showcases how much visual noise there is, I think.

Oh, and I hate the frequency at which grenades get shot out of your hand, I would rather this not even be possible, as it's not a very fun mechanic, and is pretty much luck based.
They definitely should make the team colors more saturated/prominent.

Ramirez

Why is it a bad thing that autos need to be ADS to be more accurate? I've killed guys across map with a DMR unscoped, so I don't think it applies to the rifles.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I can't seem to find the right sensitivity. I pulled it down to 2 just so I could dong consistently but now with all the crazy movement options im getting juked because of my self induced stiff neck.

I'm in the same boat. My goto is 2, but I've had to bump it up to 4 in order to not get *juked constantly. Now my long range shots are terribly inaccurate.

Kinda feel like I should just force myself to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom