• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyWind

Code:
   Domain Name: THEHALOWARS.COM
   Registrar: FASTDOMAIN, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.fastdomain.com
   Referral URL: http://www.fastdomain.com
   Name Server: NS1.BLUEHOST.COM
   Name Server: NS2.BLUEHOST.COM
   Updated Date: 14-nov-2014
   Creation Date: 14-nov-2014
   Expiration Date: 14-nov-2015

Doesn't use Microsoft's Name Servers (NS{1,2,3,4}.MSFT.NET), so I doubt it's legit.
Damn I thought it was real. This was posted on Reddit.

Fuchsdh

Why the fuck did I play Halo Wars so much? Why the fuck did I 100% that game, DLC included? Why the fuck do I want a Halo Wars 2 so bad?

There was already a thread on it that got locked because it is more than likely fake.

Did you get General before they dropped the XP requirements by 2/3rds? If so, then you are crazy :)

Gotta get the thing done co-op and Legendary. But I'm having a bitch of a time getting past the Arcadia outskirts level. Grr. The difficulty curve on that campaign is really whacked.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Of the few matches ive played of ranked team h2a, god it brings back my competitive spirit in gaming. Ive been longing for a proper skill ranking system, i just cant wait till its fully functional, i want to really try and get a legit max rank in each playlist.

Tho the highest ranks will prob be made up of all the halo pros, but i want to try to get as high as i can, its fun to be back in a truly competitive environment. No other console fps games do this.

Did you get General before they dropped the XP requirements by 2/3rds? If so, then you are crazy :)

Gotta get the thing done co-op and Legendary. But I'm having a bitch of a time getting past the Arcadia outskirts level. Grr. The difficulty curve on that campaign is really whacked.

Nah, I'm not that crazy. I did spend a couple hundred hours in matchmaking with friends in 2v2 and 3v3 though...

RowdyReverb

Of the few matches ive played of ranked team h2a, god it brings back my competitive spirit in gaming. Ive been longing for a proper skill ranking system, i just cant wait till its fully functional, i want to really try and get a legit max rank in each playlist.

Tho the highest ranks will prob be made up of all the halo pros, but i want to try to get as high as i can, its fun to be back in a truly competitive environment. No other console fps games do this.

I think I'm going to wait a little bit before jumping in so the good players get ranked safely out of my league. There are some damn good players in there and I'd like to do more than stare at a respawn timer.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think I'm going to wait a little bit before jumping in so the good players get ranked safely out of my league. There are some damn good players in there and I'd like to do more than stare at a respawn timer.

I think a lot of players are clueless, ive been on teams where im shooting players and i get killed and all my team needs to do is clean up the kill but no one seems to have awareness to think that way... Always be looki g where your teammates are shooting and start assisting and cleani g up the kills, you win way more games that way, but people continue to lone wolf it, its not cod lol.

Akai__

Yeah, Zeouterlimits and I tried to talk to him but it didn't work.

I really don't know what we can do except contact the authorities.

Does he have any other social media? Facebook? I would try and contact some of his friends/relatives to check on him.

How does somebody contact authorities from an other country? Never had to do it, but I'm really considering it right now.

Zoolader

OT, but it's very important and serious.

Haven't seen Gui online for 4 days now. His last coupple of tweets were about him trying to commit suicide and I'm really worried. I tried to contact him via Twitter, but no response.

I think we should contact authorities.

This sounds serious, hopefully he is alright.

TheOddOne

Does he have any other social media? Facebook? I would try and contact some of his friends/relatives to check on him.

How does somebody contact authorities from an other country? Never had to do it, but I'm really considering it right now.
PM Zeouterlimits, he has his facebook contact info.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I know it's not always accurate, but his profile page says he was on GAF about 6 hours ago.

If you're reading this please say something Gui. We care about you, dude.

jem0208

Holy shit.

Got a full game, and the party stayed together through to the next match! It's actually functioning correctly!

Also, CE Slayer, 5 v 5 on Wizard is a massive cluster fuck.

Finished solo legendary on halo 2 the other day and started CEA today, and let me just say

Fuck truth and reconciliation

I hate it

Wave after wave in cramped spaces with no checkpoints, drove me to near madness, I forgot how much it sucks.
My most hated mission of any halo ever, that was the only time i've saved and quit out of frustration.
Yep, it's always been a dreaded level for me on Legendary.

I posted this in the MCC thread, but it's certainly applicable here. Any helpl would be greatly appreciated, as I became way frustrated last night and I am normally very chill.

Well, I just got to the tractor beam section of Truth & Reconciliation. How silly of me to forget the six packs of enemies that come down, Elites, Jackals, and Grunts. I've about 4 rounds left in my sniper and am trying to save them for the Hunters. And I keep getting wrecked by one of the eventual packs.

I've cleared this part about 3 times now on Legendary, and all I remember is I eventually got past it and this section has forever caused me PTSD.

GAF, any tips for this part?

RowdyReverb

Holy shit.

Got a full game, and the party stayed together through to the next match! It's actually functioning correctly!

Also, CE Slayer, 5 v 5 on Wizard is a massive cluster fuck.

Wow, congratulations! Yeah, Wizard/Warlock is chaos with more than a few players. Live. Die. Respawn.

Nirvana

Yep, it's always been a dreaded level for me on Legendary.

I posted this in the MCC thread, but it's certainly applicable here. Any helpl would be greatly appreciated, as I became way frustrated last night and I am normally very chill.

I actually have more trouble with the section after it, with the invisible Elites, due to how you have to position yourself in the hallways and how the enemy spawns function in that part. Truly awful.

As for the previous section which you're talking about, I think it's mostly about ammo conservation in the early parts of the level, making sure you still have some sniper ammo left to take out some of the elites. I don't think it's necessary to have the sniper for the hunters as CE hunters are pretty easy to take down, even just with grenades. There are little weapon caches lying around on the floor near the grav-lift, so make sure to stock up in between waves. If there is a pistol around then obviously don't worry about the sniper ammo for the hunters since they are a one-shot with the pistol.

I'm more of a Halo 2 Legendary runner, but I remember this part well enough that I hope that is vaguely helpful.

Impala26

Between...

9BJM2AN.jpg

...and (from MCC OT)...

...this morning I can't, I just can't...XD

I had been getting matches on a semi-regular basis last night. It's a little bit depressing to realize how bad I am at halo these days. It's partly the reason why I've been avoiding customs - although i tried to join Kittens the other day several times and kept getting errors.

Highlight of my past few days of matchmaking was randomly getting matched up with Domino Theory. I haven't recorded many clips because I'm sucking it up lol. But I have gone through CEA's campaign and got a clip of the flood shakin it. I think I need to add music or something.

Shake it baby shake it!

Just played my first REAL game of Halo CE MP. I enjoyed it but movement in that game stinks.

Dat Pistol doe
I love the movement in CE. Takes some getting used to, but overall the game is really fluid in my humble opinion =) The pace is fantastic. It's a little more frenetic/chaotic, but that also allows for some crazy and awesome stuff to happen.

Tawpgun

I'm expecting (dunno if realistic or not) that by the end of this month the party system will work, and so will mm. This means customs should work without a hitch and I'll be able to search and get into games with friends with no problems. I assume mm and the ui/game fucking up parties and breaking everything js priority 1. If they fix just this aspect the game will be salvaged.

By the end of the year I expect the campaign save issue fixed, forge issues fixed, and hopefully if they have time, messing with gametype and map combinations. Just so I'm not stuck with smg or ar starts everywhere.

Ideally the voting options in a hopper like team slayer should be.

Halo CE, Halo 2/H2A, Halo 3.

And either halo 2 or halo 3 should be guaranteed to have a br start.

So all 3 games are represented and there is at least one br start available for vote. This would mimic the halo 3 veto system.

If you got team slayer you can veto for brs. If you got brs you could veto for team slayer

Woorloog

Banned
I love the movement in CE. Takes some getting used to, but overall the game is really fluid in my humble opinion =) The pace is fantastic. It's a little more frenetic/chaotic, but that also allows for some crazy and awesome stuff to happen.

What about the damn... floatiness of Halo CE? It feels like you're ice skating. Always, always hated that (otherwise its movement is good. IIRC).

I'm expecting (dunno if realistic or not) that by the end of this month the party system will work, and so will mm. This means customs should work without a hitch and I'll be able to search and get into games with friends with no problems. I assume mm and the ui/game fucking up parties and breaking everything js priority 1. If they fix just this aspect the game will be salvaged.

By the end of the year I expect the campaign save issue fixed, forge issues fixed, and hopefully if they have time, messing with gametype and map combinations. Just so I'm not stuck with smg or ar starts everywhere.

Ideally the voting options in a hopper like team slayer should be.

Halo CE, Halo 2/H2A, Halo 3.

And either halo 2 or halo 3 should be guaranteed to have a br start.

So all 3 games are represented and there is at least one br start available for vote. This would mimic the halo 3 veto system.

If you got team slayer you can veto for brs. If you got brs you could veto for team slayer
I've been having a blast playing the games I can get into. If and when they resolve the issues and get matchmaking running quickly and consistently, it's gonna be so good. Looking forward to a CE playlist in addition to Slayer. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy voting between halo 1 through 3's maps. It's just a little extra variety. Although there has been an overabundance of CE battle creek and Hang'em High. Did get to do one match on Damnation and one on Chillout - both were really fun.
What about the damn... floatiness of Halo CE? It feels like you're ice skating. Always, always hated that (otherwise its movement is good. IIRC).
Ha that's true. The jumping is practically zero gravity, but I guess I'm used to it more as CE was the first halo i played and I played it all the time.

jem0208

I really don't like jumping in CE, it's so floaty that you feel you should go really high and far but it's actually more like a really, really slow hop.

Halo 2 nailed movement IMO. The floaty jumps in that are awesome.

Woorloog

Banned
Part of the issue with Halo 1 is even if you're wanting to slowly move forward, Chief always animates at full running speed

Makes me wonder if that's from Halos origins as Mac game? I mean, with keyboard, you have only two speeds: Standing still and running (unless game has walk toggle).
Or if they simply had no time to make animations for walking. (And what about transition animation?)

Makes me wonder if that's from Halos origins as Mac game? I mean, with keyboard, you have only two speeds: Standing still and running (unless game has walk toggle).
Or if they simply had no time to make animations for walking. (And what about transition animation?)

original was the same. The walking animation for Chief was always funny looking.

Woorloog

Banned
original was the same. The walking animation for Chief was always funny looking.

Yeah...? My point is, with Halo retooled for consoles, i wonder if Bungie just never bothered or couldn't add additional animations for the Chief, since analogue stick allows speed adjustment, unlike keyboard one would have used on Mac. I am talking about original Halo CE, not Halo PC, not Halo CE Anniversary, not other Halos.

FyreWulff

I always thought it was for two reasons:

1) the original prototype Xbox controller had dpad as the primary movement control option. This is probably why Halo 1 lets you move with the dpad

2XO0MSi.jpg

2) 5 month dev time + the fact that multiplayer was done under the table meant people were less likely to see the animation and they probably didn't much if any custom animation budget to fix it up for multi

Remember that the vast majority of Halo's cutscenes were animated by recording Joe Staten actually playing Chief for the cutscene and recording the gameplay and playing it back. Then they would add some custom anims here and there in the cutscenes to finish them off

jem0208

I always thought it was for two reasons:

1) the original prototype Xbox controller had dpad as the primary movement control option. This is probably why Halo 1 lets you move with the dpad

2XO0MSi.jpg

2) 5 month dev time + the fact that multiplayer was done under the table meant people were less likely to see the animation and they probably didn't much if any custom animation budget to fix it up for multi

Oh wow, that controller looks like the worst thing ever created.

Woorloog

Banned
Prototype Xbox controller...? Never seen that one.
I see how that could be the reason.

The game did change radically when it was moved from Mac to Xbox, so yeah, my keyboard explanation sounds a bit awkward. I mean, they probably had to redo just about everything, no? (The old Halo E3 demo certainly looks very different from the final game.)

Impala26

Dopey if you can read this...

Imgur_gallery_hZSfl_It's_Time_to_Stop_Posting.jpg

At least in the MCC OT gamingside. Folks are now arguing the semantics of "broken" with respect to video games. It's time to pull out.

New bug

In the post game carnage report, after clicking on my two friends tags to see their individual stats, it says that 'mac5wayne killed mac5wayne the most' and that 'cpt flank em was killed most by cpt flank em'

12 year old coders at 343?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom