• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

So what did people think of no friendly fire (again..) ? Didn't see many people complaining about it this time around.

FF still makes you flinch and descopes you.

They disabled friendly fire in the beta? Surely it's just so scrubs don't hate the game right away after only having a few matches.

There needs to be FF

There unequivocally needs to be friendly fire in Halo. (Although I feel the same way about classic zoom as well).

Computer

Is there any way we can get the ground pound aim switched to the left stick on the Halo 4 controller setup? You can not hold B to charge up and aim where to land at the same time unless you claw.

Chitown B

People should mind their own business, but rarely do. Which is why I don't understand if you had a problem with him asking for money, don't support/draw attention to it and leave it at that. Don't start a campaign against someone because you disagree with how they decide to solve their problems. Him receiving money from donors online doesn't have any effect on us.

I'm not a fan of the no friendly fire, but I guess I've gotten used to it because no MP game seems to have FF anymore. I understand it's to curb griefing, which is a shame that it has to be done because of that. Load up MCC and grab a sniper rifle with randoms and you can see the rationale behind it.

I don't get the love of the sniper. Or griefing to get it.

I didn't really notice FF being off, but then again I don't regularly shoot teammates.

VinFTW

Sorry to hear about that ram. Hope everything works out. And I genuinely agree with you.

The best thing we can do is support someone in need. If you don't want to, that's fine, but don't judge.

Back ot: if that's forge or the General size of BTB maps, whew, were in for a wild ride.

I think 343s biggest surprises are yet to come. Especially now with the sprint, seeing how all the pros put feedback into every map (and remixes), we're looking at:

Arena w/ a large list of excellent maps
Confirmed coop mode
Heavily hinted huge new btb mode
Possible new and improved forge (terrain editor?)

I'm so excited.

willow ve

I don't get the love of the sniper. Or griefing to get it.

I didn't really notice FF being off, but then again I don't regularly shoot teammates.

FF becomes a much bigger deal with grenades, rockets, and vehicles in my opinion. But it needs to be a part of the game.

Chitown B

FF becomes a much bigger deal with grenades, rockets, and vehicles in my opinion. But it needs to be a part of the game.

yeah, I don't mind FF on. I just didn't notice it much in the beta. I think it definitely is a big deal with grenades, so your teammates can't spam the enemy you're in CQC with and not kill you.

dwells

People should just mind their own business about people. People hide behind their damn computers and would never approach that same person and say the same things to their face.

No one has to explain themselves to anyone about their own personal matters.
The whole "personal matters" thing goes out the window when you stop making it personal and take it public to try to exploit people's generosity. It's a pretty simple scenario - he mismanaged his $325,000+ and doesn't want to have to sell his new car to pay for his decision to not carry health insurance and punch a flood. He wants other people to pay for his mistakes rather than owning up to it himself. That's the textbook definition of childish, immature behavior.

Cases like this give crowdfunding a worse name than it already has, which continues to make it more difficult for legitimate opportunities seeking investors. It does, in fact, affect other people.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not "hiding behind my computer." You're reducing this into some sort "internet tough guy" scenario, which is completely unfounded.

Ramirez

The whole "personal matters" thing goes out the window when you stop making it personal and take it public to try to exploit people's generosity. It's a pretty simple scenario - he mismanaged his $325,000+ and doesn't want to have to sell his new car to pay for his decision to not carry health insurance and punch a flood. He wants other people to pay for his mistakes rather than owning up to it himself. That's the textbook definition of childish, immature behavior.

Cases like this give crowdfunding a worse name than it already has, which continues to make it more difficult for legitimate opportunities seeking investors. It does, in fact, affect other people.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not "hiding behind my computer." You're reducing this into some sort "internet tough guy" scenario, which is completely unfounded.

How do you know he mismanaged his money? You don't. The same as that new car might be his only reliable form of transportation for his family.

I mean damn, I really could give a fuck about E-Sports, and pros in general, but to sit there and act like you know everything about the dude's life is silly.

If you have a problem with it, don't donate, your problem is solved.

Empire has this crazy contrast with out bright the lighting is and how dark the dark parts are. It's not very easy on the eyes. I had this weird sensation where I felt like I had to squint and make my eyes adjust.

I think part of that has to do with the crushed blacks, and may not necessarily reflect an intentional design decision on 343's part. The major change with "crushed" blacks is that the contrast, starting with a darker point on the lighting spectrum, is extremely reduced. As a result, darker areas become progressively more impossible to identify the darker they get, rather than providing the original color differentials in darkness as intended. This is visible in H2A, as well; the Halo 2 Classic BR looks almost completely black in standard lighting, while darker areas like the second-level alcoves in Sacred Icon and certain portions of High Charity (level) are almost impossible to navigate. Even the cutscene used as a basis for halogafcivilwar.gif is a victim to crushed blacks and the ships duking it out around High Charity are almost impossible to follow.

heckfu

Banned
I've finished my feedback for the H5 beta:

H5 Beta > MCC Beta. I really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed that it worked.

I'm going to word this as eloquently as possible so I don't get banned again, but I think you're really incapable at sympathy. I truly, truly hope that nothing goes this poorly for you in life that having to be humbled and ask for help is a reality. It sounds like you have it pretty good that things like cars, health insurance, and having money come easily but just try and remember that sometimes it doesn't work out that way for a lot of people.

Chitown B

I think part of that has to do with the crushed blacks, and may not necessarily reflect an intentional design decision on 343's part. The major change with "crushed" blacks is that the contrast, starting with a darker point on the lighting spectrum, is extremely reduced. As a result, darker areas become progressively more impossible to identify the darker they get, rather than providing the original color differentials in darkness as intended. This is visible in H2A, as well; the Halo 2 Classic BR looks almost completely black in standard lighting, while darker areas like the second-level alcoves in Sacred Icon and certain portions of High Charity (level) are almost impossible to navigate. Even the cutscene used as a basis for halogafcivilwar.gif is a victim to crushed blacks and the ships duking it out around High Charity are almost impossible to follow.

I don't have any crushed black issues, however my TV is pretty well calibrated, and a Pio Plasma.

Chitown B

Master race

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

;)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
BR sound sucks. Agreed, it sounds and look like one bullet. It may as well just be the DMR.

Pistol is super good. I'm not sure what issues you're having with it, but it destroys. It shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Haze? No.

Kill cam sucks. A, it doesn't go back far enough. B, it actually seems to show them NOT hitting you, which just angers me. And C, if you hit X to cancel, it shows some random teammate for 3 seconds. Why? Just can it. Show your dead body like H3 did and let you change the view.

Kill cam is the most beta thing in the beta. Wouldn't sweat it.

Haruko

After playing the CE playlist, I feel like for the sake of objective games, it should be a 4v4 list.

I get that there were some very vocal pushes for it to be 2v2, but I think a cross-game Team Doubles playlist would be more fitting. Let CE be Slayer + Objective 4v4.

Ramirez

After playing the CE playlist, I feel like for the sake of objective games, it should be a 4v4 list.

I get that there were some very vocal pushes for it to be 2v2, but I think a cross-game Team Doubles playlist would be more fitting. Let CE be Slayer + Objective 4v4.

The game is a damn mess even with 3v3. I had a game on Prisoner where I still spawned right in front of the enemy 10 times or more. I'm dead before the pistol animation even finishes, heh.

link1201

BR sound sucks. Agreed, it sounds and look like one bullet. It may as well just be the DMR.

Pistol is super good. I'm not sure what issues you're having with it, but it destroys. It shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Haze? No.

Kill cam sucks. A, it doesn't go back far enough. B, it actually seems to show them NOT hitting you, which just angers me. And C, if you hit X to cancel, it shows some random teammate for 3 seconds. Why? Just can it. Show your dead body like H3 did and let you change the view.

I kinda like the grenade kill cam. I do agree it doesn't go back far enough.

3 gig update?

Everyone has problems. Losing your temper and punching something/someone does happen. I've been there. But to do it over a fucking game and smash your hand up then try raise money from it is bitchmade. I'd happily tell him to his face too. It was a stupid thing to do.

If your thinking about donation then donate. But there are far more deserving causes then "Hey I got mad a game and punched a stage and broke my finger."

Fuck outta here

3 gig update?

Everyone has problems. Losing your temper and punching something/someone does happen. I've been there. But to do it over a fucking game and smash your hand up then try raise money from it is bitchmade. I'd happily tell him to his face too. It was a stupid thing to do.

If your thinking about donation then donate. But there are far more deserving causes then "Hey I got mad a game and punched a stage and broke my finger."

Fuck outta here

When did you become a member again?

I played MCC yesterday and no update, today a 3 gig one, so I'm guessing it's new.

Downloaded it in less than ten minutes tho, so there's that.

CyReN

bonus pics

5BtwKKI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom