• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdot

Do the medals pop up right in the middle of the screen in MCC too? Am I delusional and never noticed this? (referring to the weapon grenading vid from the beta)

Any improvements with the patch or just SpOps?

Defect

Dedicated servers have been up since launch? Didn't Frankie say that it fell back to p2p?

Also, when are they going to have the option to bring the party back to lobby when searching?

Edit: It looks like they added skulls to Spops. I don't remember them being in Halo 4.

RdN

I really can't believe the game has been running on dedicated servers since launch.

The amount of lag that me and many many other have experience in no way reflects the experience on should have on dedis.

Just look at the HALO 5 beta.. I spent a good amount of time on it this weekend and had almost no lag, while I can't go a couple matches of TMCC without experiencing it.

So, IF dedicated servers really are working, there's something VERY, VERY wrong with the netcode of all the games in the collection.

Mdot

Dedicated servers have been up since launch? Didn't Frankie say that it fell back to p2p?

Also, when are they going to have the option to bring the party back to lobby when searching?

I think he said they fall back to P2P only when the dedis don't connect.

Honestly, my connections have been pretty solid outside of H2A

singhr1

Pretty sure he said it only falls back to p2p when dedis fail to connect, as this update page states.

Impala26

If the majority of users are playing on dedicated servers, why doesn't 343 add some easy-to-see way of telling if you are playing on one or not?

During launch week, wasn't there a little "Connected to Dedicated Server" pop-up that appeared in the bottom right corner of matchmaking? What ever happened to that?

During launch week, wasn't there a little "Connected to Dedicated Server" pop-up that appeared in the bottom right corner of matchmaking? What ever happened to that?

From the patch notes:

"Note: We’ve seen many inquiries about dedicated server support for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Dedicated servers have been up and running since launch, and we continue to optimize and improve connectivity. The vast majority of games are being played on dedicated servers, but in the event that players cannot connect to a dedicated server, the lobby will stay together and the match will still occur on a peer-to-peer connection. Please be aware that you may connect to the dedicated server quickly enough that you won’t see the ‘connecting to dedicated server’ dialog. The absence of that dialog doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on a dedicated server."

If we really are playing on dedicated servers, and we just aren't seeing the "Connecting to Dedicated Server" dialog because it pops up too fast, then why not add some indicator to show when you are playing on dedis? That was a major selling point for MCC. 343 should want to advertise that key feature.

Kibbles

Hey guys, lets discuss sprint. If sprint is going to be in Halo 5, what are some ways to tweak it than its current state?

Why if sprinting simply drained your shields, not your health, but your shields. For example, if you're full shields and you start sprinting, your shields will deplete, once they pop, you can no longer sprint until they recharge to 100%.

This wouldn't allow people to sprint away when down in a fight, thus it would cut down the offense use of it by penalizing you if you choose to gain more speed.

Thoughts?
It doesn't need to be nerfd anymore it needs to be removed completely

dwells

The "vast majority of games have been played on dedicated servers?" The hell they have!

I've been continuing to monitor network traffic following my UPnP glitch analysis. The number of games (out of a few hundred total) I've seen that weren't peer-hosted is in the single digits.

Computer

It doesn't need to be nerfd anymore it needs to be removed completely

This was my idea as well. It would be interesting. It would defiantly put more thought into when you should use sprint and when you should not. Makes more of a balanced and skilled mechanic and not so much of a crutch.

Mdot

Not to go OT, but having this official thread and the specific MCC official thread both in the community section is confusing, imo.

darthbob

lmao I totally forgot that swag strat.

"Not at this time"

frerfT3.gif

Episode 1 of 'The Sprint' was rather good, a bit uncomfortable at times (due to people not being 100% used to being filmed while trying to discuss work), which if anything just made it feel more honest, good stuff.

Episode 5 of 'Nightfall' was similar to the others, kinda poor.
It's a shame, the show had lots of good ideas and potential, but it really didn't come together in the writing and performances.

Mdot

Episode 1 of 'The Sprint' was rather good, a bit uncomfortable at times (due to people not being 100% used to being filmed while trying to discuss work), which if anything just made it feel more honest, good stuff.

The others have been pretty good as well. Need to watch the latest tonight.

Caja 117

The "vast majority of games have been played on dedicated servers?" The hell they have!

I've been continuing to monitor network traffic following my UPnP glitch analysis. The number of games (out of a few hundred total) I've seen that weren't peer-hosted is in the single digits.

I have seen the opposite results, The main problem with the game is how its behave different with every player.

CliQ

From the patch notes:

"Note: We’ve seen many inquiries about dedicated server support for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Dedicated servers have been up and running since launch, and we continue to optimize and improve connectivity. The vast majority of games are being played on dedicated servers, but in the event that players cannot connect to a dedicated server, the lobby will stay together and the match will still occur on a peer-to-peer connection. Please be aware that you may connect to the dedicated server quickly enough that you won’t see the ‘connecting to dedicated server’ dialog. The absence of that dialog doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on a dedicated server."

If we really are playing on dedicated servers, and we just aren't seeing the "Connecting to Dedicated Server" dialog because it pops up too fast, then why not add some indicator to show when you are playing on dedis? That was a major selling point for MCC. 343 should want to advertise that key feature.

The major selling point for me was Halo CE online. Just saying...
totally useless post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom