• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, to get Reclaimer in on par time (20 minutes) you actively have to use all the exploits you have available. I haven't had a level actually require an exploit outright save for Uprising and Regret. Regret was just a matter of timing your encounters and restarting until you managed to get onto the first Gondola within the first minute, but I had to do a whole bunch of shit to get Reclaimer in on time.

1. as soon as the Mammoth starts moving, use the momentum to jetpack forward and keep on running until you trigger as many loading zones as possible and then jetpack back on top of the Mammoth once it catches up to you
2. Take your first Warthog to the designator, blow up the particle cannon
3. As soon as the Mammoth is over the first river of acid, take the second Warthog and drive all the way up to the first shield wall
4. Rather than target the generators, it's actually as simple as parking up against the shield and clipping through to avoid that encounter
5. Sprint all the way over to the Gauss Hog / Ghost spawn, use the premature Lich kill exploit
6. As soon as you've killed the Lich, take whatever vehicle you can and start driving towards the next series of acid rivers
7. Don't wait on the Mammoth - use the rock formations to your right to jetpack over the acid and then sprint / jetpack all the way to the Sniper Alley segment
8. Cheese this by hugging the rock formations to the left, don't bother with the encounter at all
9. Even at the Promethean Knight spawning platform, you can just straight-up run into the tunnel without fighting anyone and it'll load the next area
10. Go through the motions with the Librarian, run through the halls, teleport to the outdoor area, etc.
11. At the Tank segment, steal a Warthog, Ghost, or Mongoose and drive all the way up to the shield wall
12. Just to the left of it, a small rock formation is jutting out of the canyon walls. By jetpacking onto it, you can use a combination grenade jump / jetpack pulse to get all the way on top of the rock formation
13. Make sure you drop down right in front of the shield wall to trigger the loading zone that spawns the Gravity Well, otherwise you'll end up making the mission impossible to complete, even if you come back to said loading zone
14. Run over to the Designator and blow up the well.

I can't believe how much shit I had to outright run through to so much as get close to par time.

Moa

New nameplates coming soon...

lJRROwY.jpg

KE6qPbd.jpg

mSnf5gl.jpg

Safe to assume the 1th nameplate is the compensation one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2q8n8q/the_new_avatars_and_titles_are_uppotato_quality/

So what the hell is exactly up with H4 in the collection.
You've got loadout customization as an option. And since launch I've played variants with/without: AAs, perks, preset loadouts, and customized loadouts.

-Ryn

Banned
So Just a thought. What if in big team games Spartans dropped into the map in drop pods on open maps and flew in on Pelicans in closed maps? Sort of like the man cannon entry on breakpoint. Needs to be in first person of course.

Does that do anything for anyone?
I'd love to spawn into BTB matches in a drop pod. Something like that one game where you picked a location and then controlled your decent from orbit to land. It was wicked cool.

The thing is, is that Titanfall launched with 15 solid maps, and H3 only launched with a few.
I addressed that in my post. Having a bunch of maps doesn't mean much when there's not much variety in the actual gameplay. It's why I used Destiny as a comparison. Solid maps. Solid gameplay. Extremely lacking in variety and content.

-I didn't feel comfortable with any controller setting
How would you feel about either of these?

People camping on top of buildings on Boardwalk/Ascension
Ohhh yeah... Boardwalk was nice. Just really lacking in color.

Yup Firth and Beamish fo lyfe!

Kind of off topic but I went to Sam's Club today and picked up a case of mini brownies! GAWD DAYUM they're good! Got my mouth all watery n shit yo!

I don't think that's kind of off-topic

that's pretty directly off-topic

but watch this friend

I went to Sam's Club today and picked up a case of mini brownies! GAWD DAYUM they're good! Got my mouth all watery n shit halo!

you're welcome

DJ Gunner

Is anyone else still having party issues?

Parties are completely, totally 100% broken. I have managed to play one MM game with a party in the last hour and fifteen minutes and it started 5v3.

I'm in complete disbelief that this patch was rolled out three days before Christmas.

Celestia

Parties are completely, totally 100% broken. I have managed to play one MM game with a party in the last hour and fifteen minutes and it started 5v3.

I'm in complete disbelief that this patch was rolled out three days before Christmas.

Alright. I just want to make sure my internet isn't to blame.

CliQ

It matched me into a custom game lobby earlier today. Haven't seen that in a long time. It almost seems like the game got rolled back rather than patched.

#noflinch

DeadNames

Banned
Spartans can jet-propel themselves into the ground to create a shockwave capable of killing a supersolider but flinch like little pussies when shot.

#noflinch

HTupolev

lol. true. I meant more like adding in more diffuse detail so there is still something left to look at when occlusion and cube maps fail you.
I know, but ultimately you're still talking about making the SSR "better" by not taking as much advantage of its possibilities as you might like. I mostly like Second Son's SSR, but it's fairly subtle and often isn't accomplishing much.

Increasing the prominence of diffuse detail could get iffy in terms of your material properties; "ideally" you replace specular with specular.

Where SSR is particularly fantastic is in stuff like racing games; if you go into free-cam in Driveclub it's immediately obvious that its SSR is tacky as hell, but it's mostly solid when you're using a driving camera.

Planar reflections would be weird.
They made a brief showing in Halo 1, appearing in the two glass-floored objective rooms in Silent Cartographer, and gloriously on the Control Room catwalk (such good geometric design, damn).

Yea, manually cutting in vertices at shadow boundaries and using vertex colors seemed pretty common up through a lot of ps2 games. IIRC, this was because it could handle extra geometry better extra texture resolution or shading instructions.
As long as your polys don't get absurdly small you probably don't slow down the rendering of the surface much.

What's really cool is that this technique was even usable in the old portal-based engines like those used by Doom and Marathon, although in those cases you couldn't use it for diagonal shadows on walls.

-Ryn

Banned
How the hell does a spartan flinch anyways?
It's actually the suit detecting bullets just before impact and then redirecting them with extremely precise bursts from your suit thrusters. Nanobots form at lightning speeds to create reinforced barrier behind the shields which breaks down any parts of the bullet that make it past the shield.

#noflinch

TCKaos

Still can't really tell if br is 4sk in the latest update (or has been at all) in h4

I was originally going to ask why you don't just test this out in a custom game, but then I wondered - is it possible to download matchmaking gametypes from your history? I literally haven't used that part of the UI yet, so I don't know. But with all of the other stuff that didn't make the cut it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

willow ve

I was originally going to ask why you don't just test this out in a custom game, but then I wondered - is it possible to download matchmaking gametypes from your history? I literally haven't used that part of the UI yet, so I don't know. But with all of the other stuff that didn't make the cut it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Since the game is all digital don't the updates overwrite original data? So you wouldn't need matchmaking downloads post game?

CliQ

So this compensation we are getting is really great and I'm super excited for it but do you guys think they will have DLC for the game after this?

#noflinch

Madness

I didn't know the team for Halo 5 was so big they moved into 550 Kirkland Way to do all the campaign stuff. Whoever is doing the Sprints is doing great work. I really like watching them.

Anjelus_

I really miss Halo sometimes. It's enough to make me want to get an X1 -just- for Halo, which I know is crazy talk. But Halo really is the best FPS of all-time for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom