• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwells

Screw the H5 beta, let's focus on the alpha we all paid for. That's what I want fixed.

Played four Halo CE games today, not a single one went without people quitting or lagging out. Match doesn't end when the entire team quits. Always 2v2 despite six player maximum.

Lots of kids are going to open their Christmas gifts tomorrow, play some Halo, see what a mess it is, and never bother with it again. Having the game work as originally promised in time for Christmas was likely the last hope for restoring the population, but it's not gonna happen.

:(

MouldyK

Screw the H5 beta, let's focus on the alpha we all paid for. That's what I want fixed.

Played four Halo CE games today, not a single one went without people quitting or lagging out. Match doesn't end when the entire team quits. Always 2v2 despite six player maximum.

Lots of kids are going to open their Christmas gifts tomorrow, play some Halo, see what a mess it is, and never bother with it again. Having the game work as originally promised in time for Christmas was likely the last hope for restoring the population, but it's not gonna happen.

The last hope is the Beta for H5 I think.

As people will want to log in to see how that is and when that's over, see if MCC is working or not.

Finaj

That's gonna depend heavily on the person. If they get the experience I'm currently having, they'll run into few bugs and have a smooth matchmaking experience with the occasional uneven team match-up.

If they have the experience some other people are having, it could be completely bonked.

(Not sure how people still have many big issues at this point. I have craptacular Time Warner Cable internet and I'm fine).

dwells

That's gonna depend heavily on the person. If they get the experience I'm currently having, they'll run into few bugs and have a smooth matchmaking experience with the occasional uneven team match-up.

If they have the experience some other people are having, it could be completely bonked.

(Not sure how people still have many big issues at this point. I have craptacular Time Warner Cable internet and I'm fine).
Anyone who tries to play with a party or play ranked games without quitters is gonna have a bad time. As will anyone who plays Halo 2 Classic and sees how butchered the netcode is. There's still a ton of stuff that's fundamentally broken and affects everyone, no matter how lucky you are.

dwells

Yeah halo 2 classic is unplayable.
Yep, and it's one of the reasons I don't buy their "oh, we had no idea about the bugs, they all happened after launch!" BS. For god's sake, it's the title that's supposedly being paid tribute to and the shot netcode is so bad that even a massive H2 fan like myself can't even stomach playing it.

I want playable MLG CTF Warship, dammit. Ideally a ranked Halo 2 Team Hardcore playlist so The Dongening can begin.

Ghazi

My H5 Beta is updating itself, it seems, btw. So I guess they pushed the update out for the MCC version now. Wonder if you still need MCC to play this beta, or it'll be open to all previous beta players.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How's dragon age? Lol

I returned it...

#NOFLINCH
It got lost in the mail and I got a refund, which is probably for the best because I still don't care about video games right now. All I care about is getting a tag. Eight fuckin years smh.

TheOddOne

outraged tbh

I've been on here for eight years!

It got lost in the mail and I got a refund, which is probably for the best because I still don't care about video games right now. All I care about is getting a tag. Eight fuckin years smh.
tumblr_m6fr9ff4qV1qfqzs8o1_500.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned

You have to chage your name to something catchy so the mods remember you.

kittens wearing mittens

DJ Gunner

Quitting is only going to be helped by ranks.

Games ending early, games ending not at all, parties exploding, parties being split, uneven starts, crashes while loading, horrendous search times, 9/10 for eternity, joining session (lol). These things seem to be unable to be fixed by any method known to 343.

What blows me away more than anything is that we don't have an acceptable matchmaking framework- but we DO have CE online that works better than anyone could have dreamed. It's like we are living in bizarro halo world.

Ghazi

If I had to sum up my Halo 5: Guardians Beta experience in one gif it'd have to be this one:

xqa20VD.gif

Not really, just powered my way through Nightfall and wanted a reason to post that gif

darthbob

If I had to sum up my Halo 5: Guardians Beta experience in one gif it'd have to be this one:

xqa20VD.gif

Not really, just powered my way through Nightfall and wanted a reason to post that gif

Gotdamn Nightfall was abysmal. I think FuD was more interesting to watch and that's not saying a whole lot.

At this point I don't have high hopes for anything live action Halo and hope that a talented studio like Blur can produce something instead.

It was pretty boring! I don't know who's idea was to make the whole series about
worms lol
. Also the ending was cliché as you can get.

Ghazi

thought you liked it ghazatron.
I did, probably will do a write up after the next one to see what they've changed. Was pretty fun! Still couldn't figure out that KDA formula, though, and my KDA dropped pretty rapidly.
Gotdamn Nightfall was abysmal. I think FuD was more interesting to watch and that's not saying a whole lot.

At this point I don't have high hopes for anything live action Halo and hope that a talented studio like Blur can produce something instead.

Yeah... it was really pointless. Both projects pretty much amounted to nothing.

Mix

I did, probably will do a write up after the next one to see what they've changed. Was pretty fun! Still couldn't figure out that KDA formula, though, and my KDA dropped pretty rapidly.

Yeah... it was really pointless. Both projects pretty much amounted to nothing.

Same, I love it and I'm excited to see what's different.

KDA formula needs to be explained before I end up bald.

xqa20VD.gif

That's how I look when my character is flinching in Halo 5.

#noflinch

Madness

It was pretty boring! I don't know who's idea was to make the whole series about
worms lol
. Also the ending was cliché as you can get.

Said it too many times, but being broken up into parts honestly didn't help. Forward Unto Dawn worked a bit better because it was primarily only one main character focus, and his friend. You developed a more emotional attachment to Lasky, his semi-girlfriend and then you see what kind of student he is, how he interacts, his feelings about his ODST brother, etc. Starts off slow and then ratchets up and it's basically Halo.

Nightfall on the other hand, didn't give enough character development to anyone (Maybe Aiken/Randall). After the first episode, it was basically a smaller "straight for the finish line" story that shouldn't have been broken up. For all that talk about revisiting the original Halo ring, or being ONI, we got guys in basically t-shirts running up and down rocks. Nothing really made it feel Halo aside from the a few shots of their weapons, maybe the ring in the distance. The enemy was
super Lekgolo worms who can mimic humans, take down flying pelicans in the air, move at super speed and swarm, or it was *each other*
. You could predict 99.9% accurately what was going to happen by the end of the 2nd episode. It just had fake tension and suspense that wasn't doing anything.

Would definitely have worked better as a single story, and should have had fewer characters, and more focus back on the original story and point of going there in the first place, and then show the ramifications after the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom