• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it too many times, but being broken up into parts honestly didn't help. Forward Unto Dawn worked a bit better because it was primarily only one main character focus, and his friend. You developed a more emotional attachment to Lasky, his semi-girlfriend and then you see what kind of student he is, how he interacts, his feelings about his ODST brother, etc. Starts off slow and then ratchets up and it's basically Halo.

Nightfall on the other hand, didn't give enough character development to anyone (Maybe Aiken/Randall). After the first episode, it was basically a smaller "straight for the finish line" story that shouldn't have been broken up. For all that talk about revisiting the original Halo ring, or being ONI, we got guys in basically t-shirts running up and down rocks. Nothing really made it feel Halo aside from the a few shots of their weapons, maybe the ring in the distance. The enemy was
super Lekgolo worms who can mimic humans, take down flying pelicans in the air, move at super speed and swarm, or it was *each other*
. You could predict 99.9% accurately what was going to happen by the end of the 2nd episode. It just had fake tension and suspense that wasn't doing anything.

Would definitely have worked better as a single story, and should have had fewer characters, and more focus back on the original story and point of going there in the first place, and then show the ramifications after the ending.

This is definitely true. If they'd axed the non-Locke ONI characters, made it more of a story about what he's willing to do to survive and to complete his mission, it would've worked a lot better.

I want to buy either Halo 4, Halo Reach, or Halo 3 for multiplayer, since I already beat each of these campaigns. How are the multiplayer populations for each?

RBK

Banned
All 3 were around 10-15k before I got my XB1 in late August.

Should be expected to see a dip after MCC's release.

FyreWulff

Halo Reach had about 3 times the population of 4 last time the population counter was enabled (it's been turned off since around the MCC release), and who even knows what Halo 3's actual population is.

darthbob

Halo Reach had about 3 times the population of 4 last time the population counter was enabled (it's been turned off since around the MCC release), and who even knows what Halo 3's actual population is.

It's probably safe to say that Reach will have the highest population out of those three games though.

But still, don't expect to find a game of Invasion of BTB any time soon.

Welfare

Are we going off by Reach's all gametype encompossing population counter, or did you actually count Reach's individual playlist count and compare that to Halo 4's War Gamess?

Halo Wars held on to about 5000-8000 players everyday last time I had it, so Halo 3 might still get up 10k.

I kinda want to tackle the legendary campaigns, but dammit, I'm afraid of Halo CE and Halo 2. :lol

Gonna start with 3 and 4, and work my way down from there.

Overdoziz

Banned
I kinda want to tackle the legendary campaigns, but dammit, I'm afraid of Halo CE and Halo 2. :lol

Gonna start with 3 and 4, and work my way down from there.
Felt like Halo 2 was easier than Halo CE because you have long range weapons and the plasma pistol locks on from about half a world away. Nothing compares to trying to get through the T&R hangar with one bar of health and only a plasma pistol and rifle.

At least with Halo 2 I know a fuckload of shortcuts to get through at least 3/4 of the levels easily. Halo CE is gonna be a true test.

CE is only hard until you realize that the plasma pistol is a semi-automatic powerhouse. Definitely thought Halo 2 was hardest, but Halo 4 was the most painful to me. Darn prometheans and their odd invincibility frames. Halo 3 legendary is a joke.

CE is only hard until you realize that the plasma pistol is a semi-automatic powerhouse. Definitely thought Halo 2 was hardest, but Halo 4 was the most painful to me. Darn prometheans and their odd invincibility frames.

I'll keep it in mind. I think HCE is the only one I've never beaten on Legendary before, actually. I've beaten all the rest.

jem0208

Still having trouble with the MCC.

Keep getting separated from friends during searches. Uneven teams too.

Anyone else?
I'm still having issues. Fork what I've read it seems like people in the US are generally having a good experience. Those outside aren't having much luck, I'm in the UK and it still sucks...

Merry Christmas, my Halo nerds!

Here's my Halo-related Christmas haul (All from my wife):

I told her I wanted to decorate my office with Halo stuff.

Please excuse the terrible, low-lighting cell phone pics.

Chiefs! (yes, I like the Halo 4 armor design the best)
EvXQ3VU.jpg

My office now looks awesome. (other one will go in my work office)

She found this little Terrarium on Etsy.

It has the cutest little Chief inside!

Yaaay Halo!

Merry Christmas, my Halo nerds!

Here's my Halo-related Christmas haul (All from my wife):

I told her I wanted to decorate my office with Halo stuff.

Please excuse the terrible, low-lighting cell phone pics.

Chiefs! (yes, I like the Halo 4 armor design the best)

My office now looks awesome. (other one will go in my work office)

She found this little Terrarium on Etsy.

It has the cutest little Chief inside!

Yaaay Halo!

That is an excellent haul. Merry Christmas!

#noflinch

gAg CruSh3r

Merry Christmas HaloGAF! I hope everyone have a fantastic day!

I'm going to be playing Super Smash the next few days until the 29th! See you nerds out on the battle field here soon :).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
MCC looks to be the only title not affected by this Live/Online shutdown.
because the online doesn't work anyways, get it!?

Happy holidays you fuckers.

Playing campaign offline, got to sniper valley on Delta Halo and was randomly signed out of my account. Now I can't sign back in. How can a ddos affect signing in offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom