• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Merry belated Christmas everyone

Hope everyone had a nice time and is grateful for whatever they gave and received.

My gf was sneaky and let all my secrets out and my family actually got me some really nice gaming related gifts.

Also, Halo!

xwkZjPv.jpg
Broken Circle looking great (don't get me started on the differences on the spine from everything Tor made, I'm still in the holiday spirit)

The print was from Halo Waypoint store, my gf got it framed really nicely.

Poster collection, is insanely badass. Some of my favorite art pieces of all time in there, I'll post some pics if yall would like to see more.

MCC map book from Best Buy, seems awesome. @ JD, you need this!

But now its back to work, I've been working remote since Dec 6th, I'll be glad to finish this job so I can actually come home and see my family play some Halo!

-Ryn

Banned
Had a damn delicious French Toast dinner last night. Takis were introduced at some point and I am feeling it in my stomach still. Topped it off with eggnog and water while watching Recess and playing FF1.

The morning after heart burn is wonderful.

A couple years ago I spent Christmas in the hospital with a collapsed lung. That was weird.
What happened?

Great Gif.
Hyde is a pretty cool guy
Love that 70's show

Poster collection, is insanely badass. Some of my favorite art pieces of all time in there, I'll post some pics if yall would like to see more.
Work is a pain. Hope you're able to get it done quickly.

I'd like to check out those posters

Ampoc

Neo Member
So, sorry for being late, but since the beta is like 2 days away or something can someone fill me in on pretty much everyone's thoughts on it? I wasn't really here when the early access thing was going on and about.

Just want to know if it's actually good in most people's eyes, I'm pretty excited to play it but I always like to know what I'm getting into beforehand.

I like reading HaloGAF's thoughts... well, most of them anyway.

So, sorry for being late, but since the beta is like 2 days away or something can someone fill me in on pretty much everyone's thoughts on it? I wasn't really here when the early access thing was going on and about.

Just want to know if it's actually good in most people's eyes, I'm pretty excited to play it but I always like to know what I'm getting into beforehand.

Well, I'm a Bronze (technically Silver, but I doubt that'll last, the way those last few games went) scrub, but I really enjoyed it. The gameplay was fast and fluid, but still very much Halo. More like the original trilogy than Reach or 4, for sure, and a better game to boot. I even enjoyed it more than 3, though obviously it's a little early to be making that call.

That said, they need to axe flinch (#noflinch!), and there's a bunch of smaller balance tweaks as well. They get all that sewn up by launch, and I think they've got a real winner.

-Ryn

Banned

Simply put, I haven't seen HaloGAF so genuinely happy in years.

jem0208

Tweaks are certainly needed however overall the game seems to be fantastic.

It's definitely different to classic Halo however it's very fun.

RdN

It's weird that Josh Holmes said almost two months ago that there was no flinch, but there we are which flinch included.

Is it a bug or what?

Madness

I wouldn't agree on saying it's more Halo than than Reach or Halo 4 were. Whatever you felt about those games, I always felt I was playing Halo, but with a layer of stuff on top. This just feels like something completely new. Halo in name only. That's not to say it's a bad thing. I genuinely had fun playing in the beta. When I play H2A, I feel I'm playing Halo. When I played Halo 5, I felt I was playing an unnamed next gen shooter.

Akai__

Something must be wrong with the timer in Halo MCC. I just did Halo 4 Reclaimer on Legendary in ~19 minutes and it says 54 minutes. I mean that mission is probably the easiest to speedrun, but where did those 35 minutes come from?

The time for Shutdown is right, though. 5:57 minutes.
Just 1:47 minutes over WR, because I forgot, that you need to grab Cortana at the end. :p

Anyways, MCC crashed almost after every mission into the dashboard. Never happened to me this often. :/

Ramirez

I wouldn't agree on saying it's more Halo than than Reach or Halo 4 were. Whatever you felt about those games, I always felt I was playing Halo, but with a layer of stuff on top. This just feels like something completely new. Halo in name only. That's not to say it's a bad thing. I genuinely had fun playing in the beta. When I play H2A, I feel I'm playing Halo. When I played Halo 5, I felt I was playing an unnamed next gen shooter.

Bologna, everyone was on equal footing, it's the closest to a real Halo game we've had since Halo 3.

Madness

Bologna, everyone was on equal footing, it's the closest to a real Halo game we've had since Halo 3.

Eh, it's what I feel. Equal starts is just one facet of Halo. Them giving everyone the ability to have jetpack, armor lock, active camo wouldn't have made Reach any better. Plus, there were gametypes you could use to give you more classic experiences. Legendary BR in Halo 4, Team Throwdown is more Halo than Halo 5 has felt. Plus you're forgetting H2A. Either way, just my thoughts.

Tawpgun

In Halo Reach and 4 I felt like I was playing Halo with a superflous layer of bullshit on top. Some of the things we couldn't even remove or put in until patches, title updates, and MM changes. Many of the changes these titles made go against many of the core principles that made Halo great. They felt shoehorned in.

The difference with Halo 5 is the changes feel integrated and at home in Halo. All the abilities more or less complement Halo's gameplay.

Beat the par score on Dawn. No achievement. Game crashed while loading the next mission. Doesn't show as unlocked in game achievement browser, either.

Akai__

Beat the par score on Dawn. No achievement. Game crashed while loading the next mission. Doesn't show as unlocked in game achievement browser, either.

Run through it on easy again, if you played on Legendary. I began my solo Legendary run earlier today and so far every mission except Composer made the MCC crash into Dashboard. I really don't know what's wrong today. Never had it crash so many times.

Computer

The announcer in H2A 3 plots is hilarious. Talk about duck taping a game together.

MCC is full of noobs atm. A premium donging experience.

Ramirez

Eh, it's what I feel. Equal starts is just one facet of Halo. Them giving everyone the ability to have jetpack, armor lock, active camo wouldn't have made Reach any better. Plus, there were gametypes you could use to give you more classic experiences. Legendary BR in Halo 4, Team Throwdown is more Halo than Halo 5 has felt. Plus you're forgetting H2A. Either way, just my thoughts.

Those abilities were shit though, just one of them completely broke the gameplay balance/map design, much less having all of them at once. Every ability in 5 feels like an extension of the base gameplay, it works without being broken. Stuff like GP & Charge aren't even a factor when the teams are good, when AA's like Jetpacks would decide outcomes, it's not even comparable.

Nebula

If MCC worked as promised I'd be the happiest fucker around yet here I am not wanting to turn my Xbone on unless It's for Destiny.

Why do I stop getting points? Seriously, playing Requiem, I get killed by a Grunt with a Needler and after respawning, every time I kill an enemy I get a nice fat 0 popping up to remind me I'm getting no points for this kill. I don't get it.

Ramirez

Why do I stop getting points? Seriously, playing Requiem, I get killed by a Grunt with a Needler and after respawning, every time I kill an enemy I get a nice fat 0 popping up to remind me I'm getting no points for this kill. I don't get it.

Isn't it tied to your overall deaths?

I also hate the way it works where once you're under par time (I think?) or at least whatever the 3.00x time multiplier is, it starts subtracting from your score. Like, I tried doing a point-based speedrun through Regret for a nameplate and came out of it with a whopping 5000 points. Required score is 25,000. Something tells me 2 and CE are going to be absolutely brutal in terms of hitting par scores.

Ramirez

I also hate the way it works where once you're under par time (I think?) or at least whatever the 3.00x time multiplier is, it starts subtracting from your score. Like, I tried doing a point-based speedrun through Regret for a nameplate and came out of it with a whopping 5000 points. Required score is 25,000. Something tells me 2 and CE are going to be absolutely brutal in terms of hitting par scores.

They are, they basically require great times, plus a high difficulty setting, with no deaths, heh. Think I got like 10K on T&R on Heroic or something stupid. Gave up after that.

Akai__

The scoring system sucks anyways, especially in Halo 2. If you play as Arbiter and you kill enemy vehicles, the game punishes you with -200 points every time. It really doesn't make any sense.

They are, they basically require great times, plus a high difficulty setting, with no deaths, heh. Think I got like 10K on T&R on Heroic or something stupid. Gave up after that.

Ironically, the one I see being easiest to pull off in terms of par score is The Library. As long as you skip the two floors and blast the shit out of all the Flood you come across, it should be pretty feasible as long as you keep momentum up.

The announcer in H2A 3 plots is hilarious. Talk about duck taping a game together.

MCC is full of noobs atm. A premium donging experience.

Yeah I don't know how they didn't catch that, plus the H2A announcer is just terrible in general. TOOK DA BOMB!

Also most of my H2A games are sweaty as hell. Every game is only a few kill differences.

Omni

N46TM5i.jpg

Too bad the Bone only captures in 720p, or I'd make some wallpapers. That screenshot function'd better be in one of the coming updates.
Skybox on this map disappointed me.

It seems a bit different than the others. Reminds me of something we'd find in Halo 4. It's more or less a static image. Clouds don't even move

Akai__

I did Truth and Recon in 18 minutes today and didnt get any achievement too.

Is this due to the achievement app not working? I have noticed, that I don't get any progress for killing Crawlers, Watchers and Knights. Don't get why achievements have to be always online. An other step backwards from MS...

It's crazy how big of a difference it is between playing by yourself and with a party in MCC. Playing by yourself is nearly perfect while playing with a party is almost as broken as it was back in November.

#noflinch
#noflinch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom