• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after trying to play the multiplayer the first time after the big update I got this:

OIgGz1q.jpg

(Not my picture)

GG 343, that Spartan Ops was worth it. That just happened once but I can't find matches anymore.

Madness

My desire to play the MCC has plummeted.

Not one of my friends has played it in weeks.

Pretty crazy.

Same. Hardly anyone plays it. All the hype and fun got sucked out with the poor launch. A year of hype killed within a week of launch. I'm hoping the beta and the excitement for Halo translates to MCC but it's still got issues.

Even when you do play matches, it's a sea of quitters, and wide range of skill, with guys going 2-19 or 24-2 etc.

Madness

I wish they'd start talking now about what the issues were. It's been a month and half. Have some kind of post-mortem. I think we'll get it once they finalize the ODST/Relic stuff. Talk about what happened, why they're giving us this etc.

HTupolev

What happened?
Lungs stay "inflated" because the pleural cavity around them is basically vacuum. If a lung springs a leak, the vacuum is replaced with not-vacuum, and the lung collapses. There are a number of risk factors, but leaks can spring spontaneously, and this becomes more likely if you're a tall and/or skinny guy. This happened to me around thanksgiving, but it was a very weak leak and had unusual (and difficult-to-externally-detect) symptoms. It took nearly a month to diagnose.

The typical treatment is to shove a tube through the chest and into the pleural cavity, and attach it to something that gently takes the air out; in theory, a lung that's kept inflated will heal itself. This is slow and a total pain in the ass, but it's worth doing for a while before escalating, because "escalating" means "chest surgery." Anyway, that's what I was doing on Christmas: laying in a hospital bed with a plastic tube shoved between my ribs.

Karl2177

Just finished Nightfall. My verdict: Slightly better than FuD, but still not up to what it could be.

Spoilers for Nightfall follow.

There's no real conclusion to the whole bomb thing. The story after the first episode is entirely based on the ring. Did some people survive the bomb? Did they make a cure?

It has all the "horror tropes" where one character defies all logic and turns on his electronics despite knowing that it'll get him, just so he can see his family.

By the end, I knew the characters as Locke, Randall, Macer, poor guy, random ONI, dumbass, and selfish dumbass. It's tough to care about characters when they are unlikeable or have no unique characteristics.

What happened to Macer at the end? I know the focus is on Locke, but I still want to know what happens.

That last bit of dialogue something along the lines of "How will you die, Locke? And what will you die fighting for" or something like that hints that he's gonna die the next time we see him or by the time the trilogy is over.

VinFTW

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's right. Thanks guys. Is Trenches just a remix of Crossfire?

Also, was thinking about this the other day:

The pros in sprint complained that breakout on crossfire became stale after only a few matches (same routes, can't push middle ever, etc). What if after every round, the map shifted it's layout? Like a transforming map between each round. Nothing crazy, just different layout each round.

I also think an objective NEEDS to be added to breakout.

Crossfire and Trench (forge variant of Crossfire)

Yeah, how many maps are we actually getting? These variants aren't really "new" and treating them as such seems disingenuous. 4 maps, 3 of which have variants?

At the same time, I don't want to cheapen them too much since there is obviously a lot of work that goes into them (from watching The Sprint).

Juan

The Breakout map and Trenches

And Pegasus is a forge map.

How do you know Pegasus is a forge map? Didn't had the chance to look at "The Sprint" since I'm on holidays, so maybe this is where you get the answer, but I was wondering if you said that only by the aspect of the picture we get?

And btw, where did we get this picture?

EDIT: Okay, saw that from the last Bulletin, thx!

belushy

Banned
Yeah, how many maps are we actually getting? These variants aren't really "new" and treating them as such seems disingenuous. 4 maps, 3 of which have variants?

At the same time, I don't want to cheapen them too much since there is obviously a lot of work that goes into them (from watching The Sprint).

In the Sprint they talked about wanting different times of day for maps, which then gave them the idea of not just changing time of day, but also layouts of the map. Personally I love the idea, though it is a shame we might lose more "original" maps.

edit:

How do you know Pegasus is a forge map? Didn't had the chance to look at "The Sprint" since I'm on holidays, so maybe this is where you get the answer, but I was wondering if you said that only by the aspect of the picture we get?

I just think it is a forge map because it looks blocky and isn't of the same detail as maps like Empire and Regret. Maybe it is a just a blocked out map, but I don't see why they would release one of those in the beta.

It was in the most recent bulletin, because they are asking for votes for either the Rocket Launcher or Hydra to show up in Week 2 of the beta.

Welfare

EDIT: Okay, saw that from the last Bulletin, thx!

Well for one, the textures are very forge-esque, and two, pretty sure this is the same map that was shown in Sprint ep. 4(?). The map where they Ground pound out of.

VinFTW

The walls look like the walls he was ground pounding off of (would make sense since there are dead zones they pass through).

Also, the trees beyond the map look timberland-ey, reminding me of the outside of that forge map shown in sprint.

belushy

Banned
The walls look like the walls he was ground pounding off of (would make sense since there are dead zones they pass through).

Also, the trees beyond the map look timberland-ey, reminding me of the outside of that forge map shown in sprint.

I actually got Tempest vibes from the textures lol

dwells

Ever since the latest patch I'm struggling to get games. Of the few games I've gotten, every single one has either ended early for no reason or done the opposite and not ended when the other team lagged out or quit. It's after Christmas, the population is dead, the game is broken. Just scrap it and give us the refunds we deserve.

On another note, I have both strep and mono. So that's pretty great. Got back from having to receive IV fluids just recently. Can't speak or swallow without intense pain.

Ever since the latest patch I'm struggling to get games. Of the few games I've gotten, every single one has either ended early for no reason or done the opposite and not ended when the other team lagged out or quit. It's after Christmas, the population is dead, the game is broken. Just scrap it and give us the refunds we deserve.

On another note, I have both strep and mono. So that's pretty great. Got back from having to receive IV fluids just recently. Can't speak or swallow without intense pain.

I highly doubt "the population is dead".

My desire to play the MCC has plummeted.

Not one of my friends has played it in weeks.

Pretty crazy.
Imagine if they had a Custom Games Browser where you could go into a server where a group of people who play regularly have a shit ton of FUN playing a RANGE of gametypes?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

heckfu

Banned
I really hate how news media is transitioning from text to video. I mean the bulletin is really well produced or whatever, but I MUCH prefer the text version of news.

VinFTW

I really hate how news media is transitioning from text to video. I mean the bulletin is really well produced or whatever, but I MUCH prefer the text version of news.

To each their own. I absolutely LOVE the Halo Channel. So much production value. It's convenient, etc.

Really hope they can dish out quality content on par with "The Sprint" every week once Halo 5 launches. Thats a community I want to be apart of.

Maybe weekly discussions in video form similar to weekly vidcasts showing the state of the HCS or weapon balancing, etc.

Computer

Why is Halo 4 a better looking game then Halo 5?

And change the damn rocket launcher back. Who at 343 thought it looks remotely cool or better then the old rocket launcher.

Blueblur1

That Rocket Launcher looks bad in the context of the Halo universe. At a glance it looks like the Hydra which is gonna be annoying when trying to identify it on the ground or on a player's back. Hell, several people here have already mistaken it for the Hydra in the past two weeks. I'm okay with change as long as we get something cooler and unique. That RL is a dud, IMO.

Awful pun intended of course. lol

Cant find a game in MM.

Can't help but laugh at the "ranks coming soon" in the playlist descriptions.

Soon.

Soon.

Just wait months after launch.

Soon.

DeadNames

Banned
That Rocket Launcher looks bad in the context of the Halo universe. At a glance it looks like the Hydra which is gonna be annoying when trying to identify it on the ground or on a player's back. Hell, several people here have already mistaken it for the Hydra in the past two weeks. I'm okay with change as long as we get something cooler and unique. That RL is a dud, IMO.

Awful pun intended of course. lol

They can make small changes all they want. The H2 sword and H3 sword look the same, but are somewhat similar.

But Halo 5's rocket launcher doesn't even look like it belongs in Halo. It looks like something straight outta CoD.

Halo 4 had the best looking weapons IMO
Minus the WALL-E Sniper

What's that new shotgun look like?

The Halo 4 shotgun looks massively different from the Halo 3 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom