• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer

I really hate how news media is transitioning from text to video. I mean the bulletin is really well produced or whatever, but I MUCH prefer the text version of news.

I would like the weekly update to be more like a video podcast with people we know. What we have now is like some Entertainment Tonight shit.

TheOddOne

Why is Halo 4 a better looking game then Halo 5?
Halo 4 had white-bleed throughout the game, making it look washed out—campaign was more solid in that regard though. Halo 5 looks to have changed that, and for the better.
Halo 4 had the best looking weapons IMO
Minus the WALL-E Sniper
I disagree. Reach had the best consistent weapon design, Halo 4's were inconsistent across the board to say the least.

Tawpgun

Good. We need to test the new weapons, not old ones.

That and it feels wrong to touch a rocket launcher that ugly and arbitrarily redesigned.

Like it would make some sense if it became a one rocket in tube gun. But according to the HUD its still 2 rockets before reload.

FyreWulff

They can call it a rocket launcher if they want to, but calling it the classic rocket launcher... lol

5myz3nV.jpg

That new Rocket Launcher is probably the most boring Halo weapon design, which is made worse by replacing such a cool and iconic design.

Yeah even IGN, who are notorious for objectively bad opinions and analysis, scoffed at the idea that 343 would replace the iconic rocket launcher design.

Instead of designing the rocket launcher into a COD weapon, why don't they do something unique, like pulling out a UNSC laptop that calls in missles from the sky which can be controlled by the player as they plummet to their hit marker of death?

Yeah even IGN, who are notorious for objectively bad opinions and analysis, scoffed at the idea that 343 would replace the iconic rocket launcher design.

Instead of designing the rocket launcher into a COD weapon, why don't they do something unique, like pulling out a UNSC laptop that calls in missles from the sky which can be controlled by the player as they plummet to their hit marker of death?

I just don't get why we couldn't have got our traditional rockets with a sight added on the side for smart scope.

CliQ

So I just got done watching Halo: Nightfall. It's really quite embarrassing if you ask me. The story is bland and that one character who only cares about himself is probably the worst actor I've ever seen in my life.

It's full of cliche characters and terrible dialogue. The one character Agent Locke is...OK at best. I think a better casting of that character would have been...

Mahershala-Ali-season-two-House-Cards.jpg

Just my two cents but I think he has a better voice as well. One more spartan sounding to me.

CliQ

because he's black?

No because his face shows a little more maturity and his voice is little more what I think a spartan should sound like to me. I don't know if you've watched House of Cards but hes a great actor and would have been great to voice Agent Locke.

So it's been quite a while since launch and I've tried to be patient but i still cannot get a fucking game of big team battle. Are there any legit, non-shady ways to get a refund at this point?

To each their own. I absolutely LOVE the Halo Channel. So much production value. It's convenient, etc.

Really hope they can dish out quality content on par with "The Sprint" every week once Halo 5 launches. Thats a community I want to be apart of.

Maybe weekly discussions in video form similar to weekly vidcasts showing the state of the HCS or weapon balancing, etc.

Now that the Bulletin has the dynamic feedback stuff added (adding gusts' Twitter accounts, voting, ect) I can get behind it. I have zero problems with the video format now.

The Hydra is winning at 73.6%, BTW.

Sweet. Rather try something new. If the "classic" RL acts and behaves the same way, why test it out? Rather try something new.

CliQ

If the Rocket Launcher is functionally pretty much identical to the classic Rocket Launcher, why did they change the design so drastically?

Halo 5 has a pretty drastic change in design as a whole. They probably wanted all the weapons to feel like they have always been a part of this new universe.

Madness

I told you a few pages back the old SPNKr rocket launcher was gone. It was a given when the weapons released had shown this new green version. Just another change that didn't really need to be made. What was wrong with what they did for Halo 4? The guns of Halo are unique and got a sandbox role. Why even keep the AR design now?

CliQ

To each their own, I personally disagree with this entire post.

Exactly this is all opinion. Personally I like that the look of the guns have changed. Halo 5 seems to be a little more grown up and that works for me as I've grown up as well.

I remember thinking about the pistol from CE and how I didn't really care what it looked like as long as it did what it did. I guess that's how I feel about the redesigns of the guns.

the look of the gun is far less important to me than its use.

Exactly this is all opinion. Personally I like that the look of the guns have changed. Halo 5 seems to be a little more grown up and that works for me as I've grown up as well.

I remember thinking about the pistol from CE and how I didn't really care what it looked like as long as it did what it did. I guess that's how I feel about the redesigns of the guns.

the look of the gun is far less important to me than its use.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Ramirez

I told you a few pages back the old SPNKr rocket launcher was gone. It was a given when the weapons released had shown this new green version. Just another change that didn't really need to be made. What was wrong with what they did for Halo 4? The guns of Halo are unique and got a sandbox role. Why even keep the AR design now?

The AR is probably the goofiest looking weapon ever conceived, so I'd be fine with that.

CliQ

Yeah, but IMO, it is THE defining Halo weapon.

Like, when you see it, you know that it's Halo.

Except in Halo 2 the bastard child of the franchise.

Yep I hate Halo 2

Wouldn't mind a redesign of the weapon but yeah if they keep the look similar I'm ok with that too.

Except in Halo 2 the bastard child of the franchise.

Yep I hate Halo 2

Wouldn't mind a redesign of the weapon but yeah if they keep the look similar I'm ok with that too.
I think I like Halo 3 more. Once you accept the sludge and shoot bullets without much concern of them registering, only expecting to toss bullets out in the world, the game is actually not too terrible on dedicated servers.

Maybe..

Deception

While the new RL design doesn't bother me, 343 should realize that for brand purposes, weapon designs are very important to the Halo brand and the more unique and unconventional the design the better it is for brand recognition. When you see the SPNKR your know it's Halo. Same with many of the other weapon designs. So if 343 wants to help differentiate itself from other shooters they would be wise to stick with the more iconic design.

DeadNames

Banned
Except Halo 2 :p. I still think the AR is more iconic than the SPNKr, tho.

Well yeah. The AR is THE Halo weapon.

Now that I think of it, most of the weapons 343 have redesigned have turned into total ass (with a few exceptions).

The shotty looks nice per se, but it doesn't look like it fits in Halo. The sniper rifle looks like something straight outta BioShock, the new Rockets look like, well... literally every rocket launcher in a modern military FPS.

Halo 2A has the best looking weapons IMO. I love H2A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom