• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

It's stupid that I can't go prone in Halo. I should be able to trade my mobility for increased accuracy.
Didn't Reach do this? Didn't crouching increase your accuracy?

oh so you are just saying random things now, especially after your secondary fire whining went nowhere and you had to change tactics

gg

If you look back at his other rants on HaloGAF you'll see this happens every single time.

RSB

Banned
It's still very much run and gun. Mastering your movement options is critical to coming out on top in fire fights.

Which you'd know if you'd played it :p
What are you talking about? I've already played two Halo games with sprint (Reach and Halo 4) And no, with sprint you can't do both at the same time, so it's definetly "run or gun"

What are you talking about? I've already played two Halo games with sprint (Reach and Halo 4) And no, with sprint you can't do both at the same time, so it's definetly "run or gun"

I can sprint then later I can ADS. Halo is still run and gun. You just don't know cuz you didn't play the beta.

I'm just saying, it's nothing like COD where your options are literally move or shoot. You can't sprint and shoot, but you still need to master combat mobility to succeed.

Madness

I always post the same stuff too, but I'm just trying to have honest discussion regarding Halo and it's future. Sprint is a foreign mechanic to Halo. It hasn't worked in two games, and it's had to be gimped to try and be usable in Halo 5 and I feel it's still detrimental.

Primarily is still used to traverse over the match much faster than should be allowed, coupled with thruster is still used to evade firefights creating cat and mouse game play, has now become unlimited. What has the nerf done asides from making players run away further than before and hide? It played virtually identical to Halo 4. Whereas they'd turn and run and hide and wait for shield to recharge, they now turn and run and hide a bit further and wait a bit longer for white nerf bar to go down before shields recharge. Coupled with thruster or things like the prophet's bane, sprint just doesn't work. I don't know why people feel it's needed, especially if they can increase base movement and strafe speed to compensate. You don't play CE in MCC wishing you could sprint do you?

FyreWulff

I don't understand all the hate for Armor Lock. Halo is all about trade offs and Armor Lock is the ultimate trade off.

The execution of the idea was broken, despite the intended tradeoffs.

It should have been removed from Reach, like the broken equipment was removed from Halo 3. And that was slowly happening, until the TU.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Living up to his name.

Trying way to hard.

He should be renamed "TriStateTrollBad"

DMR bloom forced the player to choose between rate of fire and accuracy. Since Halo is all about trade offs, I don't understand why so many people didn't like it. It provided the player with meaningful choices.

Standard operating procedure.

IDK, he's gone from hyperbolic comments with no basis in reality to complaints that could be leveled at various other Halo sequels to a really nonsensical streak of posts about perks that left everyone scrathing their heads...now I think he's just malfunctioning and saying random slippery slope Bungie.net forum talking points

someone run the AntiVirus software

RSB

Banned
I'm just saying, it's nothing like COD where your options are literally move or shoot. You can't sprint and shoot, but you still need to master combat mobility to succeed.
Well, in games like COD and Destiny, with its ridiculous accuracy penalties for everything, the "run or gun" nature of the gameplay is even more pronounced. But yeah, post-sprint Halo is still a "run or gun" type of shooter.

DMR bloom forced the player to choose between rate of fire and accuracy. Since Halo is all about trade offs, I don't understand why so many people didn't like it. It provided the player with meaningful choices.

You must be a very lonely and frustrated little boy that finds solace in his insecurities and lack of communication skills by saying ridiculous things and chuckling to yourself.

You are certainly good at amusing yourself.

jem0208

What exactly is wrong with cat and mouse gameplay?

Some of my favourite moments in 5's beta was realizing I was fucked and utilizing the new movement options and my knowledge of the map to escape. It was exhilarating. Some ridiculously tense moments happened towards the end of a game where I just managed to escape death.

I also really enjoyed chasing people. Seeing where they were going and using a shortcut to cut them off and finish them was really exciting and fun.

Madness

Wait, so your proposed solution to balancing the DMR is... to make it mostly indistinguishable from the BR.

Of course. DMR was introduced in a game that had no BR. It became the de facto utility weapon in Reach the way the pistol was in CE, BR in Halo 2 etc. But the biggest problem was how it was implemented. They gave you a precision mini-sniper in a game that allowed you things like flight and invisibility, plus Reach at that time technically had the slowest movement and strafe speed. In Halo 4, it was clearly superior to the BR because of it's devastating range and high aim assist. Is the DMR really needed in the Halo sandbox anymore than the boltshot is?

My idea of making it comparable to the BR is so you wouldn't have to hamper it with an obnoxious scope, but could implement it in a way, that you could have an accurate single shot rifle that wouldn't break the game. So that DMR starts could be a thing again, without matches turning into long range ping-fests. Though obviously people are happy with it as an on-map pickup so the point is moot, but balancing it this way is preferable to the scope in my opinion.

Active Camo was better as an Armor Ability than as a Power Up. As an AA, the player had to make a meaningful choice on when to activate it AND it had the trade off of causing multiple dots to appear on radar. People just don't like change.

Active Camo was better as an Armor Ability than as a Power Up. As an AA, the player had to make a meaningful choice on when to activate it AND it had the trade off of causing multiple dots to appear on radar. People just don't like change.

Climbs+over+a+fence+what+_3360b05e9e342262a637a14c4b0f4462.png

King Leo

Neo Member
As much as I dislike sprint in Halo, I understand why it has to be in. Could 343 go the classic route and still be successful? It's entirely possible. Just look at the praise H2A received. Will 343 take that chance though? Hell fucking no they won't. Game developers are rarely polarizing these days. They would much rather try to please everybody instead of stay loyal to the core "competitive" fanbase. They don't wanna take that chance and I can understand that. They're trying to find that sweet spot in-between it all. With that said, I'm looking forward to playing the beta.

What's up with Gravity Lifts? Players can get the high ground and they don't even have to lower their weapon? That's no trade off at all. Halo should modernize and switch to military style ladders where you have to holster your weapon to climb. Then players would have the opportunity to make more meaningful choices.

What's up with Gravity Lifts? Players can get the high ground and they don't even have to lower their weapon? That's no trade off at all. Halo should modernize and switch to military style ladders where you have to holster your weapon to climb. Then players would have the opportunity to make more meaningful choices.

Yeah, I'm done.

RBK

Banned
Movement vs Shooting.

Sprint vs No Sprint.

Basically you are either moving, or you are shooting. No mixing.

Should have been more specific.

Can you tell me what games are run and gun shooters excluding Halo? That's not a term I ever used to describe it.

And you guys are giving too much credit to H2A. Barring the AR is the only noticeable change I can think of, anything that implemented changes introduced in Reach/4 and it's not H2 or H2A anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom